• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Famiboards needs a Dread Mode change my mind
I like it. If you post and it doesn’t get a yeah within a certain time frame…permanent ban. Would really spice up everyone’s posting game.

Edit: Uhoh. It’s been 15 minutes and no Yeah. I think my dread mode idea was a mistake.

Last edited:
What’s everyone playing this weekend?

I’m playing Arceus nonstop, but I might give The Show a try with that tech test. Just to see what it looks like.
Well, I should play Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights since I'm like halfway done that, but instead I might start Y's 9 or Sakuna.

I really want to play Triangle Strategy to be honest, but need to kill some time waiting. I just also have too many choices. lol

Imagine someone going back in time to like 2014 or 2015 and claiming the Wii U's successor would have an open-world Pokemon, a new Pokemon Snap, sequels to No More Heroes, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Deadly Premonition, The World Ends with You, and Soul Hackers, a 3D Kirby, Metroid Dread and Prime 4, ports of Final Fantasys 7 through 12, and that it would outsell the Wii.
You forgot Shin Megami Tensei, ports of Moon / Kunio-Kun / Front Mission / Radical Dreamers / Live A Live, and that it would also have at least half of the Wii U's first party catalog ported to it

Octopath Traveler. Just have Alfyn's story and then it's a mad rush to clear the sidequests, take down the extra bosses, and attack and dethrone God. All before Triangle Strategy lands. Can't believe I'm close to putting this one down after 3.5 years and over 100 hours by the time I'm done with it.

Was gonna play Mario strikers GameCube today and just found out I no longer have my copy.

Must’ve gotten lost when I moved back In 2020. Sadness.

And I can’t play charge cause I don’t have a working Wii mote lol.

I’m playing Arceus nonstop, but I might give The Show a try with that tech test. Just to see what it looks like.
A bit of Danganronpa but hoping to put some good time into Digimon cyberslueth. Maybe some n64 games

Octopath Traveler. Just have Alfyn's story and then it's a mad rush to clear the sidequests, take down the extra bosses, and attack and dethrone God. All before Triangle Strategy lands. Can't believe I'm close to putting this one down after 3.5 years and over 100 hours by the time I'm done with it.
I really want to get back to Octopath one of these days. I stopped at around 30 hours, halfway through the second chapters for everyone. I was really enjoying it to - not sure why I stopped playing. It’s been so long since I played though, I’d probably have to start from the beginning. I think if and when I do get back to the game, I’ll pick a party of four and do all their stories to completion, then do the other four. That seems like a better way to do it, to avoid burnout.

one of my favorite rhetorical devices is something I arrogantly call "the Raccoon Strawman"

in the middle of a heated post I will imagine a counterargument, as one does in the construction of a regular strawman. what sets the raccoon strawman apart is that, rather than framing the opposing side as foolish, it portrays the dissenters as earnestly as possible.

rather than easily knocking down the strawman with a reasoned reply, I instead swear at the raccoon strawman and tell it I don't give a fuck. this politely signals to my fellow posters that my argument is emotionally rooted and that they shouldn't bother trying to introduce opposing facts.

example:

Raccoon would say said:
honestly it's super obvious that the sportsmates are a step down from miis, and their homogeneity is the closest to an objective comparison for soullessness in nintendo games that we have

oh but raccoon I like the sportsmates they're cute miis are ugly

fuck you and your shit opinion, moron eat shit

if you go through my posting history you'll see that I employ the technique quite often. I recommend everyone give it a shot some time

I really want to get back to Octopath one of these days. I stopped at around 30 hours, halfway through the second chapters for everyone. I was really enjoying it to - not sure why I stopped playing. It’s been so long since I played though, I’d probably have to start from the beginning. I think if and when I do get back to the game, I’ll pick a party of four and do all their stories to completion, then do the other four. That seems like a better way to do it, to avoid burnout.
Yeah, it's been pretty stop and go. Play the game for a while, put it down, pick it up a year later, repeat. I didn't find any of the stories intricate enough that it was hard getting back into them though. I also padded out the playtime by rarely fast traveling (which has ensured I'm a bit overleveled at this point and I have a ton of JP banked on each character). I think the game is doable with a group of 8, and regularly rotating people makes for an interesting time and forces some improvisation with the character/job combos which I think helps keep it fresh.

As much as I like the game, I do think there's some improvements they need to make for the eventual sequel. But it's a great love letter to 16-bit JRPGs, which I think was the point. I'll probably post more detailed thoughts in the RPG thread once I'm done with it.

ranting about insiders is cringe

"oh but raccoon metroid prime trilogy"

I don't give a fuck let me have somewhere to bitch about the new wii sports characters in peace
a fantastic recent example that is unnervingly close to what I came up with on the spot

Oh right, the Nintendo Switch Sports demo is live.

Aaaaand my fiancee is playing Arceus >.>

When you realize the mechanics behind how the 11M tall Steel Jeeg’s operation would cause massive collateral damage for miles around. It’s powered by its cyborg pilot that is an electromagnetic capacitor charged by a dynamo, all the components are launched from a pair of twin rail guns on a jet, and it’s an 11 M high pile of metal held together by magnetism that would likely result in electromagnetic pulses whenever it moves. Not to mention it’s energy attacks.

Pretty sure it would fry any city it would enter XD. Can’t think of many other mecha that would cause that much damage just by turning on. Gotta love early super robots.

Now time to stop with the philosophical and go game

Oh my god, just heard of this game called "Infernax."

Like, maybe it's just the person playing it (they certainly sell it) but this looks right up my alley.

o_O

I still can't believe we're getting Switch fucking Sports. I've wanted this since I got my first Switch, but I didn't think it would happen. God this rules.

Arceus, Kirby, Switch Sports, Strikers, and Mario Kart DLC. All in H1. I legit don't even need BOTW2 this year my GOTY's are set.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
after the first five minutes of server error chaos, that was actually lots of fun

if the final sportsmates have a lot of customization and we can still add the Mii-Sportmate hybrids at will, I think it’s gonna be a blast

I do hope baseball shows up eventually and this is the only instance in which I’ll say that

So I assume the super secret ultra resolution mode not available for the Switch Sports demo. Or does it not have that. That whole report sort of confused me

even if they stick out, I'm gonna have to play as a Mii in protest
watching the first video again, the mii-headed sportsmates actually fit in pretty well I think. I’m glad they found a way to blend them well. Plus that means the Mii-heads will likely get access to whatever chaotic cosmetics online play will net you in the full game.

So I assume the super secret ultra resolution mode not available for the Switch Sports demo. Or does it not have that. That whole report sort of confused me
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

goodnight fami im off to drink tea and poke around with nso 64 for the first time since launch to inspire wholesome dreams

How are you all getting in to Switch Sports? I downloaded it just a few minutes ago and it said the play test isn’t live!

How are you all getting in to Switch Sports? I downloaded it just a few minutes ago and it said the play test isn’t live!
they actually have coober detection, it's been a whole thing today

it was just a short 45 minute session that ended an hour ago. there are more sessions this weekend

sike i lied i need to share my 64 nso impressions

just played mario kart 64 for the first time ever solo (grew up on double dash, have only touched 64 at the odd party, never felt a need to get it VC)

felt and looked super great! Maybe it's the mclassic but colors popped and controls with the 64 controller were way different from modern mk but easy to adjust to. Landed 2nd on my first cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom