• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This toy store (remember those?) in one of the nearby malls has this shelf of Zelda prints. Pretty TOTK heavy as aspected but there is artwork for BOTW, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. Not anything people haven't seen before but it's pretty cool to see decades of Zelda art are lined up together. You see a lot more Zelda merch randomly at stores nowadays. That certainly wasn't the case when I was kid playing the N64 games.
oVyohIE.jpeg

I try to put mine from taller books on the right to shorter books on the left.
That I can handle lol. I do think some sort of categoration (is that a word lol) or sorting by alphabet is necessary. But like I said, I'm petty haha! People are free to sort their books however they want.

Paper Mario Suswave Update:

I am enjoying Thousand-Year Door. I can definitely see why some of you enjoy it most, and there are many things about it I appreciate.

It has not, even a little, dethroned Color Splash for me personally.

That I can handle lol. I do think some sort of categoration (is that a word lol) or sorting by alphabet is necessary. But like I said, I'm petty haha! People are free to sort their books however they want.
I also keep my hardcovers away from my paperbacks, unless they are part of a series, like I have that first Master Chief novel in hardcover, but the other two parts of the trilogy in paperback.

I am enjoying Thousand-Year Door. I can definitely see why some of you enjoy it most, and there are many things about it I appreciate.

🌃 I never played Colour Splash, but it does look good,just missed it on wii u as I was like 15 and didn't have money. Leaf (my main little) proffered the super mario RPG remake though, albeit they got really triggered playing the Birdo boss fight and the raven boss fight after. these things happen though. Honestly, they even like Princess Peach more since there's hirs3s, mermaids, and figure skating

I try to put mine from taller books on the right to shorter books on the left.
My method is that, but also going by the series name for manga, but I use authors for regular fiction/non fiction AND THEN I also sort by title OR series number depending on whether it's stand alone or a series AND THEN I also sort by language and I keep hardcover and paperbacks apart (-ish).

Sorting books by colour though? Uhhh... I mean, if that's someone's jam, I wouldn't but also how do you find stuff in a series that has multi-coloured spines?

Med-depraved rant incoming.

Sometimes I think it’s sad that the idea of being creative and wanting to exchange creative ideas has become so intrinsically linked with marketing, clicks and eyeballs.

Stuff like people saying “shameless self-plug” before sharing something they made, as if the idea of sharing a creative work is inherently shameful somehow.

Sure, if you’re trying to coast off of other’s hard work with your clickbait channel then yes, there’s perhaps something in need to be put in place but still.

Stuff like Reddit channels having to have stringent self-promo rules because otherwise sometimes the lines between marketing and just wanting to share stuff is so blurred that you don’t know if “check this out!” pertains to passion projects or quick bucks to be made.

But Jones from (formerly) EZA said something really nice to me. Like, someone always has their, for lack of a better word, “audience”. World is big and internet is bigger and if you ever want to share stuff with likeminded individuals, they’re there and they’re happy to meet you! It’s an ocean and a sea there. It’s a lot of noise and a lot of people who want your wallet tea, but if looking properly, the process of sharing creative works can in the end ring as something truly rewarding!

dunno…. Guess it’s another one of the yay capitalism topics.
As someone who's been trying to make a career of art since college but being backwards in that I still just wanna share for fun, these thoughts never go away. And in this age of enshittification of the internet, it feels like finding a needle in a haystack where all the main platforms are algorithm traps and more bots trying to flood everything.

But I've heard variations of that EZA quote. It's what still drives me. Even if the "audience" is small it's still there. I just had a local gallery where I sold six books, which, pfft isn't much in any grand scheme of things, but it meant way more to me seeing people smile and buy my stuff than seeing some numbers on instagram or webtoon go up. There's just something to be said about just looking around for your niche.

Dan the man!

I mean, I was more talking about your editing and shot splicing but yeah also the music helps too!

gahdamn they need to hurry up and port that shit

too many games are still stuck in WiiU jail!!

Metroid as a first person dungeon rpg with upgrades that open up paths in the dungeon is something I feel could really work. Like, Nintendo should give Atlus a shot with their SMT/Etrian expertise, while they themselves write the scenario.

Metroid as a first person dungeon rpg with upgrades that open up paths in the dungeon is something I feel could really work. Like, Nintendo should give Atlus a shot with their SMT/Etrian expertise, while they themselves write the scenario.
Ok, I need this now. Could definitely make the item progression system work for opening up different strata for your runs and whatnot. Or even if it’s story based, having gates in the dungeons for later progression could be done well

So I took a wrong turn into a neighborhood I wasn't familiar with and ended up in a cul de sac where one of the houses had THREE goddamn Supras parked in the driveway and now I feel slightly less deserving of my name 🫠

This year's selection of Games Done Quick shirts is pretty good

Q65WrsB.png

There's Twilight Princess on the bottom left. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is in red. Mario RPG is second from the bottom right. The Celeste one looks cute. I might pick up one or two of these.

Ok, I need this now. Could definitely make the item progression system work for opening up different strata for your runs and whatnot. Or even if it’s story based, having gates in the dungeons for later progression could be done well
Exaxtly what I was thinking! Plus, FP is not jarring at all because of Prime, we know it suits the series. Hell, they could call it Metroud Odyssey 😁

man masuda and co. went fucking buckwild on the 3ds pokemon soundtracks goddamn. and then got ruined by the 3ds and its fisher price ass speakers lol. i swear those learn to spell laptops had higher quality speakers.

I really, really hope we can be friends again, but I don't know how long it's going to take.

She was my number one concert friend and I was hers; no matter how obscure if no one else wanted to come with us at least we'd go with each other. Still have to figure out what's going to happen with our collective tickets between August and November
Sorry you're going through this. Break ups are never easy, no matter how many times you've had to go through them.

Without knowing either of you, and completely basing this off of your post, I think there's a good chance you'll have a non-romantic friendship where you can still go to concerts together, so long as boundaries are respected and you're emotionally mature about it.

Sometimes, our best platonic friendships are with the ones it didn't work out with.

Keep your head up, and keep your heart open. Show yourself some grace, and give her space. ♥️

All right Fami, time to fess up:

Truthfully my first thought went to bellydrum

Sorry you're going through this. Break ups are never easy, no matter how many times you've had to go through them.

Without knowing either of you, and completely basing this off of your post, I think there's a good chance you'll have a non-romantic friendship where you can still go to concerts together, so long as boundaries are respected and you're emotionally mature about it.

Sometimes, our best platonic friendships are with the ones it didn't work out with.

Keep your head up, and keep your heart open. Show yourself some grace, and give her space. ♥️
I will admit this made me tear up again today (least of all my therapist said the same thing about giving myself grace like three months ago lol), but these words mean more than I could acknowledge properly; thank you

It will take time, and I don't want to rush this grieving if it means screwing it up and she's out of my life, but I do miss her terribly even if it was the right thing to do for both of us.

Good lord, the humidity today. I stepped outside for 3 minutes and I felt like I caught malaria. A few minutes longer and I think I would have probably been eaten by a giant centipede.

Good lord, the humidity today. I stepped outside for 3 minutes and I felt like I caught malaria. A few minutes longer and I think I would have probably been eaten by a giant centipede.
Meanwhile here I started the day with the AC on and am ending it with a hoodie on.

Does anyone conception of time go hay wired, since I somehow feel like most PS4 games were released at early 2015-2016.

But the realisation that KH 3 was released at 2019 is somehow fucking with me, same goes for Ghost of Tsushima releasing at 2020, like, does someone have the feeling that time is somehow faster and slower, sometimes I wonder if it’s because there hasn’t been a huge technological leap.

Does anyone conception of time go hay wired, since I somehow feel like most PS4 games were released at early 2015-2016.

But the realisation that KH 3 was released at 2019 is somehow fucking with me, same goes for Ghost of Tsushima releasing at 2020, like, does someone have the feeling that time is somehow faster and slower, sometimes I wonder if it’s because there hasn’t been a huge technological leap.
ngl, I don't think my sense of time has ever recovered from the the pandemic and everything associated with it

Like, it kinda throws me for a loop when I realize that Luigi's Mansion 3 is only about 5 months older than Animal Crossing New Horizon. Basically in my head anything from 2019 or earlier is ancient history but also anything from 2020 onwards is "basically yesterday"

ngl, I don't think my sense of time has ever recovered from the the pandemic and everything associated with it

Like, it kinda throws me for a loop when I realize that Luigi's Mansion 3 is only about 5 months older than Animal Crossing New Horizon. Basically in my head anything from 2019 or earlier is ancient history but also anything from 2020 onwards is "basically yesterday"
the realisation that Uncharted 4 is now 8 years old is crazy to me.

The pandemic really has made my brain go faster, since we're currently almost halfway through the year. Sometimes i wonder if the Pandemic is one of the main culprit of this generation of gaming feeling weird, same goes for real life.

Decided to finally give Guacamelee a go, reached the temple of rain, it’s not bad so far. Thought I’d try working on some quicker bite stuff in my backlog. This, Dust an Elysian tail, Blaster master zero 2, and probably get started on MMBN. Also got some momentum going on Ryza again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom