• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
as some of you may know I hate theme parks

but you know what? if they made an animal crossing area with a The Roost with halfway decent coffee I would fly to japan like a fucking sucker

hell, maybe I'd grit my teeth and enter florida

THE GRΓ–GOL BONANZA DEMO IS NOW LIVE!

I'm calling it GrΓΆgol Bonanza: Rambler's ApΓ©ritif

playable on Mac (definitely) and Windows (don't have one so I don't know if it's broken)

full of zero combat and mostly walking around sidequests!!

it's fucking hereeeeee!!!!!!

I'm gonna make a mini-trailer for it tomorrow

for now I'm gonna lay down and scream some more

Truly one of the most iconic songs in The Thousand-Year Door. It hits me in the feels each time.

Jokes aside, the overall remixed music for the TTYD remake is fantastic, but I kinda prefer the original theme for the Thousand Year Door room. It had this very ominous, yet comforting feeling to it, whereas it just feels sorta muted in general in the remake:

Wish I could find a YouTube video of the new one to compare but every time I search TTYD remake on YouTube it's a bunch of nonsense

Weird I’m 10 hours into TTYD and I haven’t gotten a single sticker yet. When d’you start getting them? Hopefully they do a remake of Sticker Star one day for fans who aren't into this new RPG style and want a more traditional Paper Mario experience.

Hopefully they do a remake of Sticker Star one day for fans who aren't into this new RPG gameplay and want a more traditional Paper Mario experience.

playable on Mac (definitely) and Windows (don't have one so I don't know if it's broken)

Oh, neat. I should have time to check this out tomorrow. Congrats on the working demo build!

Weird I’m 10 hours into TTYD and I haven’t gotten a single sticker yet. When d’you start getting them?
I keep turning my Switch sideways to try and change from 2D to 3D and it ain’t doing shit.

Oh, neat. I should have time to check this out tomorrow. Congrats on the working demo build!
thank you so much!!

I should probably emphasize that this has no combat system and no save system at the moment

but there are three decently-sized areas to explore, lots of dialogue and surprises, and multiple completable questlines

plus if you make it far enough you can pet a horselike GrΓΆgol

and @Raccoon is in it

and also @Skittzo and @Derachi and @BozPaggs

and @chocolate_supra but stuck deep underground, so... technically not in the demo!

if someone plays it on Windows please let me know if I've done something horribly wrong, I'm uh. pretty new to this

Thinking about it, kinda surprised they've been so relatively restrained with the Splatoon series given it's huge success. Just 3 games and 2 dlcs in 9 years.

Back in the 80s or 90s, anything that does Splatoon numbers would have had spin-offs out the wazoo and at least one attempt at a TV show by now

Hopefully they do a remake of Sticker Star one day for fans who aren't into this new RPG gameplay and want a more traditional Paper Mario experience.
If they just add some sort of indication how the bosses are tackled or a way to add stickers to your inventory before the boss instead of going all the way back to the town, it would be pretty good with HD graphics and updates sound. The soundtrack might be the best in the series (other than TOK).

My encouragement for anyone having a rough go of it this week:

QTxaXn8.jpeg

Thinking about it, kinda surprised they've been so relatively restrained with the Splatoon series given it's huge success. Just 3 games and 2 dlcs in 9 years.

Back in the 80s or 90s, anything that does Splatoon numbers would have had spin-offs out the wazoo and at least one attempt at a TV show by now
I could go for some spin offs. Think a tactical strategy game in the vein of code name Steam would work well for splatoon. Lots of options for combat with the weapons. Also think a rhythm game would work well since music is so integral to the game.

I could go for some spin offs. Think a tactical strategy game in the vein of code name Steam would work well for splatoon. Lots of options for combat with the weapons. Also think a rhythm game would work well since music is so integral to the game.
Now with three games' worth of music and three idol groups, the time does seem right for a music game. Or just some kind of game where the idols make up a significant part of the playable cast.

Also, thinking about it, Mario + Rabbids's gameplay maybe would have been a more natural fit for a Splatoon + Rabbids game.

A Splattactics game has been on my Direct wild-card wishlist for years now

Aside from MP4, this is my most anticipated game. No hyperbole, no sycophancy. The hinges are off and it's glorious.

Aside from MP4, this is my most anticipated game. No hyperbole, no sycophancy. The hinges are off and it's glorious.
πŸ₯Ή

I'm honored to hear that, truly. I'm glad you're enjoying my madness given form!

Given how absolutely massive it is in japan, I'm kinda shocked they haven't tried to do an anime yet (there's even manga already, afaik).

I'm left with more questions than answers Did the devil lay the egg or do they just own it? Can I get a concussion from dashing into walls? Where DO I keep the marbles?

either way, the vibes are immaculate

I'm left with more questions than answers Did the devil lay the egg or do they just own it? Can I get a concussion from dashing into walls? Where DO I keep the marbles?

either way, the vibes are immaculate
1. The Devil does not exist, but devils do, and one laid it. Family name? Kind of lizard? Makeshift gang? Another species? Only time will tell...

Similarly, there is one or more IblΔ«s of currently-indeterminate origin or meaning in this world.

However, the Biblical Satan does play a small role as the definite article, whether in concept, incarnate, or as an old otherworldly story used by chuds to deflect blame.

2. You cannot get a concussion from Dashing Boots dashes, but you can get hours joy from making the music go "womp."

Though now I really badly want to program concussions into the game for every ten bumps.

3. Normally, you would keep the marbles in your inventory. However, regarding this demo... I was too afraid to ask.

One important question: Is there a Bonanza bike in GrΓΆgol Bonanza?
No bikes sadly. But one (or more) dashes to make you go wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeβ€”

are you a grΓΆgol? because you’re making me go bonanza
the real GrΓΆgol is the Bonanzas we made along the way

or maybe the real Bonanza is the GrΓΆgols we made along the way...

No bikes sadly. But one (or more) dashes to make you go wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeβ€”

I mean, it doesn't have to be useable ... just a Bonanza bike in GrΓΆgol Bonanza. Just standing there.

Like the truck in Pokemon RBY that you couldn't move to find Mew behind.

I mean, it doesn't have to be useable ... just a Bonanza bike in GrΓΆgol Bonanza. Just standing there.

Like the truck in Pokemon RBY that you couldn't move to find Mew behind.
nah this entire island (possibly species, possibly world) doesn't have bikes at all

they have psychic fishing though

and trains

2. You cannot get a concussion from Dashing Boots dashes, but you can get hours joy from making the music go "womp."

Though now I really badly want to program concussions into the game for every ten bumps.
You already have a sportsperson in the game, why not add concussions? The sportsperson could keep track of how many you've had! And then deny they exist!
This joke is based on actual experiences I have had with sportspeople who insist concussions don't exist and are a liberal conspiracy to destroy the american institution of football

You already have a sportsperson in the game, why not add concussions? The sportsperson could keep track of how many you've had! And then deny they exist!
This joke is based on actual experiences I have had with sportspeople who insist concussions don't exist and are a liberal conspiracy to destroy the american institution of football
hey now, Birfday may be a Sportist... but he's an ethical Sportist

he teaches kids Beachyball, the Least Dangerous Sport

it's... it's basically a neopets minigame...

he's also trans and one of my friends kept yelling "BARA SEAGULL" when I showed him the design

besides, Birfday is from Shorenuff, a notoriously independent city, and wouldn't be the hand of an institution like that no matter what on principle

(good idea though, and I totally would if the geopolitics of GrΓΆgol Bonanza were a bit different)

speaking of Birfday β€” your actions in the game determine whether or not he finds the love of his life. don't let him down!

Last edited:
Can I get a concussion from dashing into walls?
look the more I think about this the better it is

I'm gonna make it so every ten bumps makes you black out a little, and every 50 whisks you away to a secret concussion world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom