• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
th

BIG time?
Beat me to it

we have updates on the first round of rumored Nintendo BIG titles!

Ryvenst: The Sequel to Riven: The Sequel to Myst

In this sequel to Riven: The Sequel to Myst, team up with fan favorites like Gehn, Gehn wearing a hat, and Bighead Mode Gehn in this PVP action-comedy game from a grizzled and disoriented Cyan Worlds.

Rumors say the Tickle-Me-Atrus DLC is already in the works, and Cyan will continue to make DLC until the permahigh either kills them or depermifies.

Yoshi's Burial Commonwealth

It's a beautiful day in the land of Yoshyosh, the large former penal colony that Yoshi's been summoned to. A strange letter referencing "the one and only blood" and "divine right of kings" invited him β€” and he soon finds himself on the Crimson Throne!

Yoshi will have to grapple with the realities of monarchy and unravel the mystery of Yoshyosh, leading to horrific revelations, violent revolutions, and a bloody re-evaluation of his monarchist friends over in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Yoshi's pal Poochy will faithfully attend, but no need to throw this dog a bone β€” she'll find millions just beneath the soil as Yoshi's precious little worldview comes crashing down!

The Legend of Zelda: Little Link's Big Betweenie

Once upon a time, in the Kingdom of Hyrule, prosperity and peace reigned. Just kidding: it's fucked. But things are about to get a lot worse!

One day, the hero Link is linking between worlds. That's what he does! But everything goes wrong β€” he gets shrunk down by a shitty warlock and falls through the cracks, winding up neither here nor there.

In this 2.5D adventure, Link must hunt in the mini-wilds of the Unbound, solve tricky dungeons, and make a shitload of magical sausage to restore the connection between worlds β€” the Links Between.

The Switch 2 is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to Switch 2.

I can't wait for Pikmin Big, where Olimar and the Pikmin are all big so all of the obstacles are really meaningless and tiny.

Coming this fall: An updated remaster of Dark Souls 1 featuring extra BIG Hat Logan content

The Switch 2 is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to Switch 2.
do you work for apple?

Koei Tecmo should make a spinoff of Hyrule Warriors where you play as historical Chinese figures during the Three Kingdoms period of China. I think that would be pretty cool.

Koei Tecmo should make a spinoff of Hyrule Warriors where you play as historical Chinese figures during the Three Kingdoms period of China. I think that would be pretty cool.
they should make minecraft dragon quest honestly

I suddenly feel an extreme urge to get a C64 mini, install Hard'n'Heavy on it and play the shit out of that.

Last edited:
since I'm leaking things anyways, here's a GrΓΆgol Bonanza source code leak

qXDGd5p.jpeg

these are key abilities. speculate wildly!

I love that Animal Well is getting a physical release, but I hate it's Limited Run Games releasing it, sigh...

I am immensely curious about 'gigajeggings'
sometimes you need to go heavy-duty if you're gonna keep your ass out of hot water

Tangentially related fun fact: My friend from Minnesota says they call them "Weed Whippers," not "Weed Whackers".
haunting

I'm fairly acquainted with Minnesota but I'm not acquainted with that grotesque little phrase

You ever think about how the AAA-Industry might be called that because it makes you constantly go AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

rita-kanisuka.gif

For an especially fun fact, consider that they call making donuts with your car tires "whipping shitties".
nah my dude that's what they call a u-turn

quite specifically, the phrase is "whip a shitty" β€” ie "i'm gonna whip a shitty and head back up to the north shore because the cities can fuckin' eat me today"

For an especially fun fact, consider that they call making donuts with your car tires "whipping shitties".
so wait do you really say "making donuts" when you're talking about hoonin'?

I've only ever heard it as "doin' donuts" β€” never making

I'm not ever the person making or doin' donuts, so I dunno! I'll ask my Minnesotan friend to clarify. I do like the phrase Whipping Shitties.

This cannot possibly be a real thing
nah my dude that's what they call a u-turn

quite specifically, the phrase is "whip a shitty" β€” ie "i'm gonna whip a shitty and head back up to the north shore because the cities can fuckin' eat me today"
If we're talking about U-Turns the only slang I've ever heard for them is occasionally 'Flipping a Bitch'. Never heard the phrase 'whip a shitty' before

If we're talking about U-Turns the only slang I've ever heard for them is occasionally 'Flipping a Bitch'. Never heard the phrase 'whip a shitty' before
it's very specifically Minnesotan

I definitely support learning how to cook/making an effort to start cooking for yourself. Don't get intimidated and just learn the basics about chopping, peeling, searing and what have you. Recipes are guidelines, not rigid rules you have to follow. You can deviate a bit and the end result will probably still taste swell!

Now baking, that's a different beast entirely.
Yyyyeeeeeppppp

Busy busy day on Famiboards, I just wish it wasn't half and half good news bad news, and was instead all good news.
sorry but one clarifying question:

what's Famiboards

Only thing missing was Sony acquiring Square Enix.
Tomorrow's headline: Sony acquires Square Enix, promises to put all studios to work in the Foamstar mines

Tangentially related fun fact: My friend from Minnesota says they call them "Weed Whippers," not "Weed Whackers".
I swear every time I hear about Minnesota it's because they're like the one state that doesn't use the same term as the rest of the country

Pollard_Greyduck_02212013.jpg

I swear every time I hear about Minnesota it's because they're like the one state that doesn't use the same term as the rest of the country

my minnesotan wife just looked at this and said "what the fuck are you talking about"

so uh

they think y'all are just making shit up now

my minnesotan wife just looked at this and said "what the fuck are you talking about"

so uh

The Minnesotan I know claims a U-Turn qualifies as a whipped shitty if it's essentially a drift, leaving skid marks and all that (i.e. "shitties").

Maybe they're from different parts of the state!

Here in California people say "doing donuts" (definitely not making donuts), and I have heard "whipping shitties" but I dunno from where from. The really baffling one is for a while (like around the early-mid 2000s) around here I started hearing it called "turning brodies" and I have no fucking idea why

so uh

I've heard "weed whippers" but like, in the south.

Here in California people say "doing donuts" (definitely not making donuts), and I have heard "whipping shitties" but I dunno from where from. The really baffling one is for a while (like around the early-mid 2000s) around here I started hearing it called "turning brodies" and I have no fucking idea why

I've heard "weed whippers" but like, in the south.
I don't invite this chaos. It just comes to me at 8 in the morning:

MwPoIKV.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom