• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
If Keighley takes the criticism on board and gives acceptance speeches more time then that means less time for trailers and the companies in question won't like that
I would just... not have an end time for the show then. Start it an hour earlier, tell the companies your trailers will be aired, the devs your speeches won't be cut off, and the viewers you might be watching until 3AM.

Keighley is just sitting somewhere waiting for everyone to be less mad at him for tweeting about AI horseshit
This would actually make a good mad libs type thing.

Keighley is just sitting somewhere waiting for everyone to be less mad at him for _____________

Rinse and repeat with a new fill-in every season.

Cut the time he gives to actors, celebrities and fucking puppets then xD Probably be more than enough time for devs and trailers
Hey now
I actually really do enjoy seeing the Muppets show up. Maybe we could cut the obligatory Kojima worship hour and get back enough time for speeches without losing them.

Just do what I do with the game awards. Don't watch. Someone will post the announcements and award winners on here anyways.
What sucks is I actually wanna see people from the game industry up on stage getting recognized for their work. I wanna see game musicians showcase their songs. And to a degree I'm okay with seeing some surprise trailers and such. I'm okay with TGA in concept but the execution is so cynical and increasingly corporate that it's suffocating the very things I want it to exist for. I genuinely want there to be a TGA, I just want it to not suck.

With people talking about the geoff keighley,

Y'all remember how hyped it was when joker was announced for Smash, kinda interesting that the only worth note thing Nintendo put out in the game awards were Smash DLC reveals. Also i personally don't count Bayonetta 3, since that's a platinum game.

Also the reason i think we don't see Nintendo showcasing games in any awards is because how huge Nintendo Directs has become, since those generate absurd amount of hype compare to Microsoft or Sony state of play, mostly because their game reveals are quick and don't overstay their welcome with games announcement. Like Sony were talking with kojima for a solid 18 minutes, that's about 70% of the showcase, surprisingly Nintendo had that issue as well, since Xenoblade 2 was talked about 20 minutes in the 2017 direct, until Nintendo learned it's better keeping it short and sweet, with reveals.

Get your game on
yoplait-original-harvest-peach-singleserve.png

Also the reason i think we don't see Nintendo showcasing games in any awards is because how huge Nintendo Directs has become, since those generate absurd amount of hype compare to Microsoft or Sony state of play, mostly because their game reveals are quick and don't overstay their welcome with games announcement.
nah it's just marketing

Directs were already wildly hyped before some of the most intriguing Nintendo reveals at TGA

the way 8 see it, they could really take or leave TGA. if they have something that they think either a) suits the show, b) gets specific eyes, or c) makes the right splash at the right time, they'll go for it.

otherwise... why would they?

the thing is Nintendo is not beholden to the west. it has a strategic alliance and that's always been key. but this wacky Keighley shit is useful when they want it to be and isn't when they don't.

they have an internal logic, key decision-points that we are not particularly privy to. it's never been "don't show it here because our directs are far more hypable," it's always right place, right time, right audience

just like trying to explain where silksong shows up to people

right place, right time, right audience

every company has a strategy, and every arc has specific, thought-out moves

This would actually make a good mad libs type thing.
no more mad libs

i'm tired of mad libs

they're way less funny than the impression ever seemed to be

I'd rather just watch everyone gawk in horror at my casual everyday sentence gore

the Harvest Peach game for the Nintendo Switch family of systems CONFIRMED

(why does it sound like a survival horror franchise now starring Peach? did I hit my head or is there something I'm transliterating back here?)
uhhhh cuz when I hear "harvest" I almost immediately picture a scythe, which is probably now more associated with slasher flicks than actual agriculture

no more mad libs

i'm tired of mad libs

they're way less funny than the impression ever seemed to be
That's disappointing to hear since I have been informed by friends and family alike that I am myself a pretty mad lib

I definitely support learning how to cook/making an effort to start cooking for yourself. Don't get intimidated and just learn the basics about chopping, peeling, searing and what have you. Recipes are guidelines, not rigid rules you have to follow. You can deviate a bit and the end result will probably still taste swell!

Now baking, that's a different beast entirely.

I have not watched the Game Awards for half a decade and I am sure the health benefits of that will be longlasting

That's disappointing to hear since I have been informed by friends and family alike that I am myself a pretty mad lib

lmao

you know what I mean

uhhhh cuz when I hear "harvest" I almost immediately picture a scythe, which is probably now more associated with slasher flicks than actual agriculture

perhaps more associated to those who have eschewed farm knowledge and rejected the wisdom of Appleguy

that seems more like the haunting curse of 80s pop slasher bullshit and the horrible grip of self-regurgitating franchise over millennials

I want to believe that if nothing else, the scythe still sits with mythological Death more than any paltry slasher film

yeeeaaahh with baking you really gotta do the cooking by the book or else it will end up crazy

I want to believe that if nothing else, the scythe still sits with mythological Death more than any paltry slasher film
I mean to me it sits more with Gundam but I know I'm an outlier

I definitely support learning how to cook/making an effort to start cooking for yourself. Don't get intimidated and just learn the basics about chopping, peeling, searing and what have you. Recipes are guidelines, not rigid rules you have to follow. You can deviate a bit and the end result will probably still taste swell!

Baking is chemistry. Roasting on the other hand is not XD. Just need a high enough temp, some oil, seasonings, some diced veggies and a good chunk of meat. Tho I do suggest investing in a good meat thermometer, especially a wired one. Makes baking/roasting meat super easy(do know you can make up for it being 5 degrees under by tenting it a minute for each degree or so tho)

Roasting on the other hand is not XD. Just need a high enough temp, some oil, seasonings, some diced veggies and a good chunk of meat
Yep, for a lot of other cooking you can kinda imagine the flavor/texture profile you want and just wing it in that general direction lol

Just downloaded the demo, I kinda dig the Scott Pilgrim art vibes it gives and the music in the trailer looks cool. Feels kinda promising so excited to give this one a go later on

looking at some trailers and images while putting together a thread for Animal Well and I am getting obsessed all over again. still blown away by how good that game looks...
gif_cranes.gif

also noticed in this day of the devs vid from a couple years ago that the developer has the cover of Picross DS pulled up as a reference on his monitor in the background lol...possibly for areas like the gridded rabbit below? or maybe there's just straight-up picross in this game, who knows. @mazi hope you're keeping an eye on this one...

Screenshot-2024-05-06-at-8-55-11-PM.png

Somehow mid May is filling up for me since I’m interested in Lorelei, Gestalt, and Until Then - and that’s not even including TTYD!

looking at some trailers and images while putting together a thread for Animal Well and I am getting obsessed all over again. still blown away by how good that game looks...
gif_cranes.gif

also noticed in this day of the devs vid from a couple years ago that the developer has the cover of Picross DS pulled up as a reference on his monitor in the background lol...possibly for areas like the gridded rabbit below? or maybe there's just straight-up picross in this game, who knows. @mazi hope you're keeping an eye on this one...

Screenshot-2024-05-06-at-8-55-11-PM.png

game looks amazing

Ok

I’m gonna say it

I’m really gonna say it

I’m loving Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest

FE games are just so addictive; such an awesome and rewarding gameplay loop

So way back in December I ran a badge challenge for people guessing the next Direct date and we had three winners. There was a second guess for predicting when the Switch 2 would be finally referenced / announced and we have someone who guessed correctly.

Huge congrats to @Giancarlo for guessing the date, May 6th (my time), it would be acknowledged! I already reached out to staff and they should award you the badge soon!

Thanks again to everyone who participated and I’m so glad we had a winner!

first time i’ve actually woken up to great nintendo news, usually i’m refreshing famiboards all day long

giphy.gif

The TV show I was watching, now on pause for almost an hour, watching me post nonstop on famiboards dot com:

Unsettled-Tom.jpg

Stoked.

Like, it feels like there’s been a tad bit of collective tension around Switch 2 over the site lately, and now that’s about to unravel into excitement and speculation that might get overboard at times and wholesome other times.

So stoked.

Lol just seen that Deadline news about the Mario movie being the most profitable movie of 2023.

Sequels up to 15 greenlit by now, huh?

This is big lantern ghost. Pleased to announce I will be getting a Switch 2 whenever you can just buy one normally at a store. See y’all in 2028

I finally watched Dune Part two (sadly I missed the theatrical release) but it was phenomenal. The best part it had a way better sound design that the first one (still bad in some areas).

Shoutout to Javier Bardem, his performance was fantastic, now I get the memes lol.

I finally watched Dune Part two (sadly I missed the theatrical release) but it was phenomenal. The best part it had a way better sound design that the first one (still bad in some areas).

Shoutout to Javier Bardem, his performance was fantastic, now I get the memes lol.

Memegar is the best.

I really wanna know if all that was intentional or not.

So uh....... How we feelin' on this side after last night?

I randomly felt like hearing the No More Heroes theme this morning and I stumbled on this masterpiece:

Yeah, I think I might play some NMH tonight after work and driving class.

I hate stockbros so much, they are like cryptobros but are even more soulless dregs since they have the money to back it up.
1715082078425786.png

damn, okay, they really did say something. wild

Back
Top Bottom