• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
Oh no DX well I already pulled the level booster on him, I’ll just roll with him for a bit as a break from the SW heavy harem squad
You can make it work with good property on weapons, it's just some of his strong attacks (like the cannon) are not that reliable and can miss

So Eurovision Song Contest is not a thing on here? It starts tomorrow! 😁

Here’s your fun fact for the day: the 3DS web browser fucking hates Famiboards

(It wouldn’t let me post, believe me, I tried)

Proud to see a 3DS give its best shot displaying my ST. Does it display the images or is it too much for it?
Superman suiting up to fix the server issues.

I see trunks, nice. I have faith in Gunn, I would like to see a good live action Superman movie made during my lifetime.

Proud to see a 3DS give its best shot displaying my ST. Does it display the images or is it too much for it?
Unfortunately images were too much for it to handle. What you see in the second slide appears to be its attempt at displaying pictures. :(

I see trunks, nice. I have faith in Gunn, I would like to see a good live action Superman movie made during my lifetime.
My first thought was "I can't tell if he has the trunks or not by the way he's sitting 😠"
But it looks a bit like he might have them? Or maybe they're going for the Rebirth variant and only have a red belt?

RED TRUNKS SUPES. RED TRUNKS SUPES!!!

I hate that at this point I see things like this and start looking for signs that it's AI. Techbros have ruined everything.
Weirdly I was also thinking the same thing at first; I didn't even clock at first it was posted by James Gunn when I saw it on IG.

My second thought was Fro-Zone and "Where's my super suit? The city's in danger!"

imagine all the mr no u posts you missed when the site was down

that's just too bad

Hexen + Heretic

heavy-breathing.gif

okay gang, I threatened a recipe… so I spent all morning writing it out in a silly-ass way

this is how much I love y’all

may it serve you well or at least make you laugh
Might yolo it and try this.

I've been saying for years that I want to learn to cook and putting it off cus I'm scared of getting it wrong. But I started actually trying last month. Turns out if you get a recipe a bit wrong nobody comes and yells at you.

And not only that, it's easy to make something delicious, you can just buy ingredients? And then turn them into your favorite foods?? Without a license or anything??? And not only all that, but it's fun to do???? Idk feels like it must be a scam.

A Quake reboot with extensive lore on the other dimension you're in would be awesome.

1) A Quake reboot taking after the first game
It's fascinating how the legacy of Quake is basically three fantastic games that are so completely different from each other that you don't know what you're going to get with a revival of the series

I think it might be more like 1, yeah, because that would be easier to make into a DOOM 2016 like game.

No, it's still terrible. Please go back to playing video games.
A++ parent joke. No notes.

Nightdive remaster of Heretic II, since hopefully the rights issues are solvable now MS owns all the parties involved
Yea, that’s probably one of the few good things to come out of the ABK acquisition: all of the id stuff is back under one roof. Hexen 2’s expansion, Heretic II, that one Wolfenstein game Activision published…. Really hoping if nothing else they all get listed on Steam by end of year.

Last edited:
Might yolo it and try this.

I've been saying for years that I want to learn to cook and putting it off cus I'm scared of getting it wrong. But I started actually trying last month. Turns out if you get a recipe a bit wrong nobody comes and yells at you.

And not only that, it's easy to make something delicious, you can just buy ingredients? And then turn them into your favorite foods?? Without a license or anything??? And not only all that, but it's fun to do???? Idk feels like it must be a scam.
and this is one of a million reasons that capitalism is fucked!

“nooo… you couldn’t possibly have time to coooook… not if you’re working the hours that underpay you and over inflate profits at the top……..”

“ohhh… who can cook these days… you’ll never do it right… just buy it… or get a microwave meal...”

not to mention all the different ways it's uh rooted in misogyny lmao

but yeah. cooking's good. I know it can be a little overwhelming but just fucking go for it. you gain more control over flavor. trying shit is fun. embrace it!

I got the double whammy of growing up poor with a workaholic parent, so I got some basics but not as many as I would have liked. it was always easier to put me in charge of a can of pre-made tomato sauce or, far worse, whatever microwave dinners could "justify" working 'til 9pm or later.

I've really sought out coming into my own, cooking-wise. It's been an interesting journey — I started as an omnivore, then began cooking vegetarian living with one partner, and now am cooking vegetarian sans tomato / bell pepper / etc. with my now-wife!

so I made lots of different meat-or-tomato-based things, then adapted to more specific non-meat things, then adapted to no tomato, then found out I probably have my parent's bell pepper allergy... but I've gotten the hang of each adjustment!

I really had to up my game when my now-wife and I moved in together — they're an amazing cook! so I wanted to be at least half as good as they are to show my love and appreciation.

we've both been faced with pretty imminent deaths in the past but scraped through — so part of that is like. why the fuck wouldn't you have food that you enjoy if you could simply die at any fucking second for any fucking reason? and if you want to cater to your own palate — hone your flavorcraft!

I had several more paragraphs for this but I'm losing the thread, so... hope I was coherent!

that bullshit looks so fucking weird

it looks like goddamn AI

I wasn't going to say shit because I couldn't give less of a fuck about your "Superb'd Man" but the image is lingering and I have to be put out of its misery

while we're on the subject of films looking wrong, I resent every single one of you that brought about the world of ultraboring bokeh shapes. what a waste.

pentagonal bokeh or bust

better yet? cut your own pinhole filter overlays. make it weird. hell, find a way to make a dynamic one and ramp the shape throughout the scene to mirror the tension in the dialogue.

yes, I did drop out of film school, why do you ask?

I don't really get what the Superman promo pic is going for in terms of vibe and emotion - comedy, I guess?

It's not bad but it feels a little off to me.

It's fascinating how the legacy of Quake is basically three fantastic games that are so completely different from each other that you don't know what you're going to get with a revival of the series

I think it might be more like 1, yeah, because that would be easier to make into a DOOM 2016 like game.
Quake is a bit of a chameleon since it seems to be essentially whatever idea id were pursuing at the time rather than a particularly coherent franchise.

1 leaves the strongest impression on me thematically and I'd love to see a modern take on the sci-fi/Lovecraft mashup. I find the Strogg boring, so I'd probably be less interested in a game based on 2 or 4. 3 got superseded by Quake Live and Quake Champions anyway.

I guess based on Call of the Machine, they could also have both the Lovecraft stuff and Strogg in a game, since the latter were created by the former... if that's actually canon, of course..

I don't really get what the Superman promo pic is going for in terms of vibe and emotion - comedy, I guess?

It's not bad but it feels a little off to me.
I looked at the background and my first thought was 'is that a Galick Gun?'

and this is one of a million reasons that capitalism is fucked!

“nooo… you couldn’t possibly have time to coooook… not if you’re working the hours that underpay you and over inflate profits at the top……..”

“ohhh… who can cook these days… you’ll never do it right… just buy it… or get a microwave meal...”

not to mention all the different ways it's uh rooted in misogyny lmao

but yeah. cooking's good. I know it can be a little overwhelming but just fucking go for it. you gain more control over flavor. trying shit is fun. embrace it!

I got the double whammy of growing up poor with a workaholic parent, so I got some basics but not as many as I would have liked. it was always easier to put me in charge of a can of pre-made tomato sauce or, far worse, whatever microwave dinners could "justify" working 'til 9pm or later.

I've really sought out coming into my own, cooking-wise. It's been an interesting journey — I started as an omnivore, then began cooking vegetarian living with one partner, and now am cooking vegetarian sans tomato / bell pepper / etc. with my now-wife!

so I made lots of different meat-or-tomato-based things, then adapted to more specific non-meat things, then adapted to no tomato, then found out I probably have my parent's bell pepper allergy... but I've gotten the hang of each adjustment!

I really had to up my game when my now-wife and I moved in together — they're an amazing cook! so I wanted to be at least half as good as they are to show my love and appreciation.

we've both been faced with pretty imminent deaths in the past but scraped through — so part of that is like. why the fuck wouldn't you have food that you enjoy if you could simply die at any fucking second for any fucking reason? and if you want to cater to your own palate — hone your flavorcraft!

I had several more paragraphs for this but I'm losing the thread, so... hope I was coherent!
No yeah I am with you on all of this.

For me so far the way into it was letting go of the need to be 100% ""properly"" cooking. Like, if I can't execute all the different techniques required by this recipe online; then I should stick to frozen stuff from the supermarket. And where am I going to find the entire 45 mins this website says it will take, guess I'd better order takeaway.

But, actually, I can throw a TV show on my tablet, or put on some music, and enjoy learning to chop onions. And if this month all I am learning to do is how to chop onions and heat them in oil before throwing in premade other stuff, that is not in fact a failure because I bought canned tomatoes and premixed spices. It is still way more of my own cooking than I was doing before! It is not actually necessary to go from only knowing how to microwave to expert chef all in one jump.

Plus, yeah, I can use as much paprika as I like, and nobody can tell me there is too much. It can be all paprika and lemon juice if I want, I am the boss of my wok.

After finishing Xenoblade 2 and torna the golden country, i can say in confidence, that i was wrong with how i thought the game would be, like hell... I was expecting something mediocre and cringe game, but instead i played through one of the most emotionally, heartfelt game.

Despite the game flaws, questionable dialogue and character design, it's still absolute peak.

Rewatched Castle in the Sky over the weekend. You can really tell that Miyazaki was inspired by Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom. The developers of Ni No Kuni were a good pick to produce the film. Hopefully he brings the lessons he learned making this movie over to the next Elden Ring or Dark Souls game.

Rewatched Castle in the Sky over the weekend. You can really tell that Miyazaki was inspired by Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom. The developers of Ni No Kuni were a good pick to produce the film. Hopefully he brings the lessons he learned making this movie over to the next Elden Ring or Dark Souls game.
fine, I laughed, have your Yeah! you monster

After finishing Xenoblade 2 and torna the golden country, i can say in confidence, that i was wrong with how i thought the game would be, like hell... I was expecting something mediocre and cringe game, but instead i played through one of the most emotionally, heartfelt game.

Despite the game flaws, questionable dialogue and character design, it's still absolute peak.
Xenoblade 2 just needed a few tweaks to be one of the greatest RPGs ever imo.

It's still way up there, but if it didn't have the gacha stuff, the skill gating, or the character design issues, it'd be even higher. And Torna is just great.

Anyway glad you enjoyed it! Have you played the first one yet?

I'm currently in chapter 14 in Xenoblade 1, somehow i felt that Xenoblade 2 to be more engaging, compared to the first one.

I'll probably continue where i left off, in the weekend.

I still remember one year when asked if the Nintendo Direct was a part of SGF and he meekly said no.
I wonder if big game companies will soon pull out of supporting The Game Awards. There was a big controversy last year about rushing speeches on stage, and that’s probably not a good image for Keighley’s event

I wonder if big game companies will soon pull out of supporting The Game Awards. There was a big controversy last year about rushing speeches on stage, and that’s probably not a good image for Keighley’s event

The Game Awards is a marketing event. As long as millions of people tune in to see some new trailers and game announcements, game companies will still keep showing their shit there.

Yeah, thinking the biggest gaming event of the year that is supported by developers and console manufacturers alike is suddenly going to... not be that, is wishful thinking.

As much as I'd like that, I think most companies need the visibility too much to be able to just write the whole thing off

Like, Nintendo's in a position where Keighley wants them more than they need Keighley, and so they can do just about everything on their own terms and then throw Geoff a bone every once in a while if the timing happens to work out (i.e. Bayonetta Origins, the odd Smash reveal, FE Engage DLC). But Nintendo is very much the exception there; even big publishers like Capcom or Square Enix will find that they often need SGF or the game awards to reach the broad, mass-appeal audience that Geoff has managed to attract to his shows

Had a scare this morning. At 3am my cat started howling/yowling when he wouldn't stop I had to wake up and turn on the light. He looked like he was stuck but he wasn't. He was having some kind of episode. Freaking out, eyes open but distant. I had to take him to my bed and pet him and console him until he finally came back to me. I hope it was sleep paralysis or something not serious. He's getting up there in age.

I could see fewer people from those companies turning up, leaving a figurehead to pick up applicable awards and dropping a 5-10 second canned speech. Unless Keighley decides to take the criticism on board, which is uh doubtful.

We can only hope to be so lucky.

I could see fewer people from those companies turning up, leaving a figurehead to pick up applicable awards and dropping a 5-10 second canned speech. Unless Keighley decides to take the criticism on board, which is uh doubtful.
If Keighley takes the criticism on board and gives acceptance speeches more time then that means less time for trailers and the companies in question won't like that

Keighley is just sitting somewhere waiting for everyone to be less mad at him for tweeting about AI horseshit

If Keighley takes the criticism on board and gives acceptance speeches more time then that means less time for trailers and the companies in question won't like that
Cut the time he gives to actors, celebrities and fucking puppets then xD Probably be more than enough time for devs and trailers

that's not true he's doing the same shit as always

i find it funny to see both "the one event of the summer won't go away!!" when E3 fucking choked

and "they're gonna drop out because he's been shitty about speeches multiple years in a row" like the partner companies are that concerned about uh. the artists that make games

like for real you think with all these brutal layoffs they would be sitting there like "I can't BELIEVE they cut off my buddy Paloma Nameway!!!!! Punishment time for Keighley!!!!!"

Keighley got what he wanted and someday it will destroy him

Back
Top Bottom