• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
IMG-2762.jpg

I know the holiday has largely been co-opted to sell booze, but I had fun making this. Chicken al pastor and arroz verde with a local Mexican inspired cerveza. Hope everyone had a fun weekend.

Finally getting some momentum going on Orochi warriors 4 Ultimate again! Also just unlocked one of my fave Japanese legends who’s going into my main team rotation: Goemon!

On Final Fantasy, I started playing through the series a few years back starting with 7, and just wrapped up 9. Definitely liked 8 and 9 over 7, tho where I’d place those 2 against each other is a good question

Here’s your fun fact for the day: the 3DS web browser fucking hates Famiboards

(It wouldn’t let me post, believe me, I tried)

Here’s your fun fact for the day: the 3DS web browser fucking hates Famiboards
It's because we keep pestering Nintendo about new hardware.

FF7 is a solid gateway JRPG, but yeah I'd put a few of the other Final Fantasies above it. It's understandable why it became so popular though, it really was a technical marvel at the time, and the cyberpunk magitech vibe was rad.

FF7 is goated and so is XV. Don't ask me what happens in both of them after a certain point in the story, but both are GOATS.

Hamaguchi has said that they will have the airship in Remake 3. So my guess is that it will be the world map + underwater and northern crater and then the story events will just take place as revisits. And there will be all new open world activities of course.

If I had to pick just one franchise to play until I'm dead, it'd be Final Fantasy no question. Reading over the last few posts makes me wanna play through 'em all over again.

It's that Factor of Five that's the problem.

XVIII, XXI, XXIV and XXVII will all be good, but XXX will be bad

Unless someone finds a disruptive new way to develop games that undoes the ever-growing dev-phase of big games, i doubt i'm going to witness Final Fantasy XXX in my lifetime.

But if i do, i bet it's developed by Level 5's Hino.

If I had to pick just one franchise to play until I'm dead, it'd be Final Fantasy no question. Reading over the last few posts makes me wanna play through 'em all over again.
this is what i’m doing right now, but not playing them in order of release. i finished 1 and now i’m on 4

Hamaguchi has said that they will have the airship in Remake 3. So my guess is that it will be the world map + underwater and northern crater and then the story events will just take place as revisits. And there will be all new open world activities of course.
I can’t wait for the SSX mini-game. I want Cloud to do the worm in midair.

I don't know who needs to hear this, but please: don't expect to hear about new hardware from Nintendo's earnings report. Thank you for listening.

There's a rule for best FF's:

Their numbering is divisible by 3, but under 15
Actually the best FFs are the ones that have Tactics in the name

Erotic violent Final Fantasy? hell yeah

Either that, or Vin Diesel will be the protag of that certain FF game.

I don't know who needs to hear this, but please: don't expect to hear about new hardware from Nintendo's earnings report. Thank you for listening.

boo-boo-this-man.gif

But to be a smartass: We expect a PR announcement before or shortly after the earnings report, not a mention at the report. ;P

The best Final Fantasy games are the ones I played, excluding IX because it's just okay.

I don't think this deserves its own thread, and apologies if this was posted previously, but Bloodstained is getting it's "final" update next week for Switch and this week everywhere else. This will add the "Chaos Mode" and "VS Mode" that were the last two stretch goals.

But what's more important I think is that they mentioned that the Classic Mode 2 paid DLC is still in development (which is why I called this news “final”). As the news article mentions, it'll be a canonical story and seems to be riffing hard on Simon's Quest based on the footage that was shared back in September:

Which has me thinking we might finally get an official sequel announcement this year with the Classic Mode 2 DLC serving as the story bridge between the two games. We got word from 505 Games about 3 years ago that the sequel had entered the planning stages so we're definitely due for some news pretty soon.

Probably worth noting too that the original KS campaign hits its 9th anniversary this Saturday (5/11). Which is curious timing for the patch 🤔

Also, mad props to Wayforward (they were contracted to work on Bloodstained including the VS Mode) of late. It feels like they've been in the news each week for the last month:

Last edited:
IMG-2762.jpg

I know the holiday has largely been co-opted to sell booze, but I had fun making this. Chicken al pastor and arroz verde with a local Mexican inspired cerveza. Hope everyone had a fun weekend.
shit I should crawl back to my cooking thread

last week I made tofu with orange sauce and I’ve gotta say. it was amazing. it was so fucking amazing.

I squeezed seven oranges with my bare hands for the cup of orange juice required and god damn did that make it perfectly balanced. sweet, savory, taste off the vine.

fuck

fuck I need to make it again

okay gang, I threatened a recipe… so I spent all morning writing it out in a silly-ass way

this is how much I love y’all

may it serve you well or at least make you laugh

Dear valued members, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the temporary downtime of this forum. We understand the importance of uninterrupted service, and we are deeply committed to providing you with a seamless experience. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. If you have any further issues, you can tell us via this link. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Dear valued members, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the temporary downtime of this forum. We understand the importance of uninterrupted service, and we are deeply committed to providing you with a seamless experience. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. If you have any further issues, you can tell us via this link. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I'm very happy that the link went exactly where I was expecting it to go.

Tfw you're trying to access famiboards.com, and

fdOnFEF.png
tumblr_n6e5g3oo141s391qwo1_250.gif

My US manager "Did you had a nice 5 de Mayo"
Me "hell yeah"
Another coworker "AKSHCHUALLY mexicans don't really celebrate the day"
Me "We can use whatever excuse we want to celebrate" puts on giant sombrero in the meeting

Finally getting some momentum going on Orochi warriors 4 Ultimate again! Also just unlocked one of my fave Japanese legends who’s going into my main team rotation: Goemon!
If only he had a decent moveset. They kinda fixed it with hyper moves in SM4, but still it's a shame his attacks are very unreliable

My US manager "Did you had a nice 5 de Mayo"
Me "hell yeah"
Another coworker "AKSHCHUALLY mexicans don't really celebrate the day"
Me "We can use whatever excuse we want to celebrate" puts on giant sombrero in the meeting

If only he had a decent moveset. They kinda fixed it with hyper moves in SM4, but still it's a shame his attacks are very unreliable
Oh no DX well I already pulled the level booster on him, I’ll just roll with him for a bit as a break from the SW heavy harem squad

Classic red one please. But you promised me a dragon, so 4 limbs and a pair of wings, no wyvern / drake or something similar lame.
I mean... I'd accept a Drake 👀

Superman suiting up to fix the server issues.

I hate that at this point I see things like this and start looking for signs that it's AI. Techbros have ruined everything.

Good. That's exactly what I hoped for. ❤️

I miss Wii's Everyone Votes and also miss Mii's running up on the screen while filling up my square.

Back
Top Bottom