• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a bottle of Moscato, picked up Showtime, and I’m playing Shakira and Olivia Rodrigo new stuff. I’m having a great weekend.

First time seeing one of these videos but I absolutely LOVE the sound design in this. Very catchy.
oh hell yeah, glad you like it! There are a handful over there, just little shreds of my game as I go.

I have a few flatter areas that I haven’t posted much about, but this city in particular has really warranted finishing some half-cooked systems — meaning there are lots of interesting tidbits to post about!

also, possibly late to the party here — Dredge is amazing. love it. almost a little bit of Wind Waker vibe to it, though totally different.

Has anyone played SuperEpic: The Entertainment War? Pretty solid Metroidvania this is.

Has a pretty neat surprise feature that I'll tag in case people would wanna go in blind:
The whole game is about a massive corporation that takes over the world and controls people's minds through microtransaction-filled shovelware mobile games, and one of the things you do in the game is you actually have to play some of these mobile games to unlock secrets in the main game. But the way they go about it is: there are QR codes on the walls of rooms that have secrets, and if you scan them with your actual IRL mobile phone it'll take your phone to a site where you play the in-game company's mobile games, on your phone, as though they're a real thing. And completing those minigames on your phone gives you codes to unlock the secrets.

There's even a minigame that mimics bitcoin farming that you can build up and then leave running on your phone that'll generate in-game currency for buying and enhancing stats and weapons. It's wild, like a modern application of the VMU minigames concept from the Dreamcast. I'm not sure if it'd be considered AR but it's sure a neat idea they pulled off.
And aside from that additional layer of play, it's seriously just a solid search-action at its core. Really impressed with this, had a hard time putting it down to be honest.

Last edited:
Has anyone played SuperEpic: The Entertainment War? Pretty solid Metroidvania this is.

Has a pretty neat surprise feature that I'll tag in case people would wanna go in blind:
The whole game is about a massive corporation that takes over the world and controls people's minds through microtransaction-filled shovelware mobile games, and one of the things you do in the game is you actually have to play some of these mobile games to unlock secrets in the main game. But the way they go about it is: there are QR codes on the walls of rooms that have secrets, and if you scan them with your actual IRL mobile phone it'll take your phone to a site where you play the in-game company's mobile games, on your phone, as though they're a real thing. And completing those minigames on your phone gives you codes to unlock the secrets.

There's even a minigame that mimics bitcoin farming that you can build up and then leave running on your phone that'll generate in-game currency for buying and enhancing stats and weapons. It's wild, like a modern application of the VMU minigames concept from the Dreamcast. I'm not sure if it'd be considered AR but it's sure a neat idea they pulled off.
And aside from that additional layer of play, it's seriously just a solid search-action at its core. Really impressed with this, had a hard time putting it down to be honest.
This sounds very clever! Imma check it out!

This looks cool but I am begging Nintendo fangame devs to just shut up until they are ready to release. Why take the risk?
At first I thought it was just fanart until the OP said in the comments it’s an actual game in development. Maybe that comment will go unnoticed by Nintendo lol

Me, on my way out the door with hands full:
Hey dad, could you text me "sponges" so I remember to pick some up while I'm out?

My dad, bless his heart:
*texts "lottery ticket"*
Update: we didn't win

If this fangame sees release I'll be very excited... assuming Nintendo doesn't see it first

oh hell yeah, Super Mario 3D Blast! I'd play the shit outta this

Update: we didn't win

oh hell yeah, Super Mario 3D Blast! I'd play the shit outta this
A little while ago I tried to enlist chatGPT to help me concoct a scheme to win the lottery by predicting the next numbers based on patterns and all that.

ChatGPT just kept telling me it's random and not to waste my time. :(

This is why people hate AI 🙃

I wouldn't say I hate it but yeah found it an underwhelming movie
giphy.gif

I thought I was done with thinking up possible Smash characters…

I thought I had retired that corner of my overactive imagination…

and then @oldpuck had to go and suggest Atrus from Myst as a fighter!!

god! dammit!

Rebirth is burning me out right now and these last few weeks of sinus has not helped. While I’m finally over the sinus and I’m enjoying the game, I’m at a point I want to take a break and play something else for a bit for a while.

You ever have a totally normal day at work, but then your boss/supervisor starts ribbing you for something completely insignificant and arbitrary and you start arguing with them to the point of yelling and then you suddenly get a mini panic attack because said yelling triggered a traumatic memory from your teenage years?

Really kills the mood, if you ask me.

My TotK play really boils down to makong the most bullshit Frankenstein machines to try solving puzzles, and being flabbergasted that it actually works lmao

You ever have a totally normal day at work, but then your boss/supervisor starts ribbing you for something completely insignificant and arbitrary and you start arguing with them to the point of yelling and then you suddenly get a mini panic attack because said yelling triggered a traumatic memory from your teenage years?

My crush was in earshot of that, too......

This feels bad. Especially because when this happens I think it's insignificant as fuck and it still gets to me 😔

The fact someone remembers Riven makes me feel so good! The Robyn Miller ost is etched into my soul.
delightfully plagued by dead media from a bizarre, long-dead age

I still hear the King’s Quest VIII: Mask of Eternity menu music when I’m minding my own damn business

people act like the eighties were weird but nah, that shit’s all just pop now, it kind of always was. that and hypercapital conservatism.

the nineties has the same kind of bad footprint but the transitional space that 90s tech occupied is this whole other thing — the rough gems in the mix are a new kind of experimental before those experiments became commonplace.

there’s so much weird shit in there

early 2000s too but I’d say by the time we hit 9/11 shit took a turn for the familiar bad, the paths began to resemble the hell we wound up with

which like. to clarify every era’s been bad with profound evil done by states and their acolytes.

but the “the internet is new and could do anything” liminal space was very interesting before it gave way

people act like the eighties were weird but nah, that shit’s all just pop now, it kind of always was. that and hypercapital conservatism.

the nineties has the same kind of bad footprint but the transitional space that 90s tech occupied is this whole other thing — the rough gems in the mix are a new kind of experimental before those experiments became commonplace.

there’s so much weird shit in there

early 2000s too but I’d say by the time we hit 9/11 shit took a turn for the familiar bad, the paths began to resemble the hell we wound up with

which like. to clarify every era’s been bad with profound evil done by states and their acolytes.

but the “the internet is new and could do anything” liminal space was very interesting before it gave way
Ah, the young Internet, how I pine for thee…

Just finished some edf missions, time for some pikmin 2 I think before dinner, then FFIX after

I think there was a recent news report about how engagement on the site is down significantly of late?

No idea why that would be /s
The bots were getting tired of being criticized and have shut themselves down in protest

My TotK play really boils down to makong the most bullshit Frankenstein machines to try solving puzzles, and being flabbergasted that it actually works lmao
Nothing like building an embarrassment of an automated drone and watching it somehow tear chunks out of a Bokoblin squad

Nothing like building an embarrassment of an automated drone and watching it somehow tear chunks out of a Bokoblin squad
before you got to "Bokoblin" I honestly thought you were still talking about musk's twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom