• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Raccoon I have no idea what Town Square is, but this is a great ST nonetheless :)
it’s kinda like a megalith in a romantic city. something of a midnight circle. where one might go to nab that chap in the summer of β€˜68. when I think of you and your restless eyes, I know you’re no little league star β€” but I think you’d enjoy it all the same.

can I just say that ending on page 91 last ST was an amazing flex to set up this thread

and also my birth year shh

Adorning @Raccoon's thread with this masterpiece:

ZzaiUWC.png

alright @Raccoon I am already having way too much fun with this New-ST

rollin’ it back, I’m so normal now

anime? in my good* christian** suburbs*** ?

*no
**no
***NO
Someone on one of my Aunt’s side of the family (so no relation to me) used to participate in book burnings of these types of things. Like the wizard series, anything with magic, that sort of stuff. I’m sure there were fundamentalists that burned manga for β€œreasons”. Hell, I think there are sanctioned Pokemon play styles that exclude any sort of magic type characters (no ghost types, that sort of thing). Some of this stuff gets pretty ridiculous in the not funny way.

HOLY SHIT Y’ALL THE NEW BEST FRIEND JUST DROPPED

yfJkJ5u.jpeg

I LOVE THE GUY

Someone on one of my Aunt’s side of the family (so no relation to me) used to participate in book burnings of these types of things. Like the wizard series, anything with magic, that sort of stuff. I’m sure there were fundamentalists that burned manga for β€œreasons”. Hell, I think there are sanctioned Pokemon play styles that exclude any sort of magic type characters (no ghost types, that sort of thing). Some of this stuff gets pretty ridiculous in the not funny way.
lmao you don’t have to tell me, I’ve seen what people do

I haven’t moved a thousand times just for fun, let’s put it that way

Wait a minute, is that a new species of walking batfish I see?
new undiscovered species of sea toad! they found a whole bunch of new species and massive sea floor mountains

the phrase β€œblood buddies” popped into my head and I’m at a loss to describe the indignity I felt
This cracked me up and I might decide to never let you forget it, we'll see

Oh man oh crap I'm already so behind
image0.jpg
Wtf I'm behind too?? Two threads in a row??

...you're too slow

You%27re_Too_Slow_Banner.jpg
Perfect

be safe out there everybody, this morning I ordered some mcdonalds take out and there was anime on my bag
Yup. My cup this morning is W for Weeb:

jgGmgiv.jpeg

it’s kinda like a megalith in a romantic city. something of a midnight circle. where one might go to nab that chap in the summer of β€˜68. when I think of you and your restless eyes, I know you’re no little league star β€” but I think you’d enjoy it all the same.
4runif.gif

I’ve done my part (enigmatic trickster) and I’m sure someone will be along to do the rest (reasonable clarifications)

rightly or wrongly, I think it would be rude of me to dissect the beautiful layers of subtle humor in this ST

mid-level riffing, though? that’s my jazz

It's 2 AM and I'm watching squid with luminous insides flap around in the oceanic deep

Life is swell

Already knee deep in creating the opening graphic for the next Direct Speculation thread. This is some of my best work.

I crave some Disgaea 2 but I'm afraid it will never be rereleased again 😭

tbh I'm sorta surprised none of these types have gone back and tried to turn something like Ranma 1/2 into a controversy du jour
Too niche for fundamentalists to know about. It's why they freaked out about Pokemon having evolution. Meanwhile Shin Megami Tensei has you making deals with demons and crickets from them. Too niche for them to know about or care about.

Okay maybe a new Donkey Kong game announcement is too optimistic this month but surely we can at least get a Thousand Year Door release date

...right?

Okay Fami I have a flight to Florida (ugh) in a couple hours, what should I play on the plane?

Apollo Justice case 2 (in the middle of this one), start a new game of Aria of Sorrow, maybe Super Metroid or something on the SNES app?

I tried to explain in the OP

do people think I should rewrite the concept to be more concise?
Oh, my bad. Should've worded that differently. I get the idea for the thread's premise, I just didn't see the reference people have been referring to, if there is any. Apologies!

Oh, my bad. Should've worded that differently. I get the idea for the thread's premise, I just didn't see the reference people have been referring to, if there is any. Apologies!
There’s a band that @Raccoon kinda likes called T-Square. That’s the reference he’s going for haha

I tried to explain in the OP

do people think I should rewrite the concept to be more concise?
…

I see what you did there

Let me post my favourite T-Square song:

You sure?

There’s a band that @Raccoon kinda likes called T-Square. That’s the reference he’s going for haha
I mean true but reducing T-Square to just a band @Raccoon likes and not like the theme-relevant underpinning for a monumental amount of influential video game music does both the band and the concept a disservice

oh lmao you just made the point in one video, ignore me

I mean true but reducing T-Square to just a band @Raccoon likes and not like the theme-relevant underpinning for a monumental amount of influential video game music does both the band and the concept a disservice
1) you’re 100% correct
2) please see my post above yours for my favourite example of exactly this haha

the path we have followed led us to our discussion. and the path we are following will also lead us to our discussion.

@Raccoon did it first and I missed it, please disregard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom