• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed we are at 2k+ members now, neat.

Ys VIII has such a cool concept. Starts with the classic shipwrecked and washed up on an island trope... But then you actually have to build a castaway village. The game revolves around one island and the likeable cast of castaways you have to search and rescue. Loving it so far.

Dammit. You triggered a vague memory. There was a place I used to love eating at that had a pasta dish that used a creamy pesto sauce and julienned sun dried tomatoes and I remembered those tomatoes had a great flavor and a bit of a pop when chewing them but I can't remember where that place was and now I'm gonna have trouble sleeping. 🤣

* clears throat *

barf
Make your own, that’d be pretty easy to put together and most of those aren’t to expensive(you’d probably have to make the pesto sauce tho)

Will Sony ever free Bloodborne from the shackles of PS4? 60 FPS update for PS5, maybe? No? Ok.

I suspect some mechanics might be hard-coded to the framerate, so it probably isn't as simple as unlocking the framerate via patch, but I really wished they made it happen. Since the game didn't even get a pro update back in the day while most of their other first party games did, I suppose it will never happen, barring a potential remake. Which sucks.

Activision really is finished, at least Bobby Kotick is.
Bobby Kotick's very bad no good year. CoD underperforming and Endwalker launching to glowing reviews (and siphoning off WoW subs) is going to have their investors nervous, and that's nothing to say about all the other crap that's been going on.

1 day away from the golden eye announcement....... and chrono cross too I guess
DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY

Since the Game Awards show is tomorrow, a brief recap of when exactly Nintendo tweeted about the event in the Switch era

The takeaway is...the tweets haven't happened at 06:00 PT / 09:00 ET / 15:00 CET / 23:00 JPT all the times. Also, note that back in 2020 Nintendo tweeted about their news reveal at the event a few hours before its start rather than the day before.

What's the best way to get a 3DS XL nowadays? It seems everywhere I check online everyone wants crazy amounts of money for one. Any luck at Goodwill or thrift stores?

Mii hate hurts my soul

1_Avatar_Color_Options.0.png

the future is now old man

As someone who is still jaded about game to movie adaptations, the Sonic movie was surprisingly better than expected. So I’m ready for that trailer.

Ys VIII has such a cool concept. Starts with the classic shipwrecked and washed up on an island trope... But then you actually have to build a castaway village. The game revolves around one island and the likeable cast of castaways you have to search and rescue. Loving it so far.

I picked this one up when it launched but really struggled to get into it and dropped it. Picked it up late October, forced myself to keep going, got to where I rescued the second or third castaway, and then it clicked. Proceeded to drop 70 hours into the game and absolutely loved it.

So it's pretty expected for Nintendo to at least tweet out a reminder about TGA airing, right?

If Nintendo has been actively avoiding implementing lootboxes and microtransactions in their console games for so long, there's no reason to fear that they'll invest in NFTs unless you are one of those people that genuinely thinks that literally everything they do is pure avarice and greed.

Ys VIII was a surprisingly delightful action RPG (and my first Ys entry).

It gets wild.

Given we can’t even get proper net code in Nintendo games, what makes people think they’d get on board with blockchain?

Yeah, I think NIntendo is too farsighted to get into anything that volatile
I think a lot of people like to accuse Nintendo of poor business decisions but honestly a lot of their choices are due to their genuinely great business sense that people who don’t understand business happen to not like. They are, as you say, playing the extremely long game.

Yeah we can only hope. The fact that generally they have among the least offensive DLC practices gives me hope.
Eh some of the stuff they do like locking up game features behind hard to get amiibo is kinda not that great.
I think a lot of people like to accuse Nintendo of poor business decisions but honestly a lot of their choices are due to their genuinely great business sense that people who don’t understand business happen to not like. They are, as you say, playing the extremely long game.
Yeah like making Mario All stars a limited release, or making a expensive Nso service upgrade with slow drip feed games.

Yeah like making Mario All stars a limited release, or making a expensive Nso service upgrade with slow drip feed games.
Making Mario All-Stars a limited release goosed the numbers via fomo sales, and NSO is expensive because of Sega and Nintendo was not going to take a loss on it. Again, great business sense. Their goal is to make money. Doing things to make more money = good business sense.

before anyone is like "derachi licks boot" or whatever i'm not saying I like this. I'm saying Nintendo is smarter than people think re: how to make money.

Eh some of the stuff they do like locking up game features behind hard to get amiibo is kinda not that great.

I have to agree with lemonfresh here, the decisions from Nintendo at the moment aren’t really pro-consumer if you can say so.

However, I must admit that they found their own strategy for these things. All those discrepancies, the scandals and conflicts, the weird decisions, the feeling that they could make so much more money if they did this and that… it makes them always the center of discussion. So while I definitely don’t like many of their decisions (especially when it comes to the back catalogue), you must admit that it works out for them, really well actually.
Edit: basically what Derachi is saying in the post above.

I have to agree with lemonfresh here, the decisions from Nintendo at the moment aren’t really pro-consumer if you can say so.

However, I must admit that they found their own strategy for these things. All those discrepancies, the scandals and conflicts, the weird decisions, the feeling that they could make so much more money if they did this and that… it makes them always the center of discussion. So while I definitely don’t like many of their decisions (especially when it comes to the back catalogue), you must admit that it works out for them, really well actually.
Not once did I say anything they do is "pro-consumer"

didn’t want to imply that, I just quoted your message to add to the discourse
Ah, gotcha.

Yeah, Nintendo, like literally every other company in the world, only cares about pleasing the consumer as long as it'll directly result in them getting more money. That's capitalism, baby!

Josef Fares saying "Fuck the TGAs" any minute now.
tbh after playing most of It Takes Two (my buddy and I are gonna finish it this weekend), Josef Fares can say whatever he wants because It Takes Two is one of the best games I've played all year

Making Mario All-Stars a limited release goosed the numbers via fomo sales, and NSO is expensive because of Sega and Nintendo was not going to take a loss on it. Again, great business sense. Their goal is to make money. Doing things to make more money = good business sense.

before anyone is like "derachi licks boot" or whatever i'm not saying I like this. I'm saying Nintendo is smarter than people think re: how to make money.
Mario All Stars being a limited release doesn't make any sense because it's Mario. It would have been a long evergreen title and no one but Nintendo arbritaliy does limited anniversary releases. It's incredibly short term strategy. And there's also no reason for them to include Genesis games to NSO when not only does Sega constantly rereleases many of those games, but also the schedule now is so damn irregular.

Mario All Stars being a limited release doesn't make any sense because it's Mario. It would have been a long evergreen title anyways and no one but Nintendo arbritaliy does limited anniversary releases.

3D All-Stars is literally still on store shelves. Anybody in my city can go to Target or Wal-Mart and pick it up. It's also on Amazon for $59.99

However they stopped printing it a while ago. Seems like a good financial decision to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom