• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nephew dropping some bombs today. He was very excited about SMB Wonder (he only had played 3d mario games) and asked me "you have any of those old 2d mario I can play?" so decided to put NSMBUDX.

So far he made it to the beggining of the jungle area and he was like "man, this is better than the donkey kong game, the power ups are cool, you even have a little air recovery move, and it's way faster, why didn't you lend me this one before?" and I'm like "Don't say this online cause you are asking for trouble ok? Some people simply can't handle the truth"

Got a fun little batch in. Probably the last of the G-witch stuff for me barring Demi-Barding and Calibarn. Been waiting a bit on quite a bit of these. Plus outside of low/limited reprint stuff I'm trying not to do any orders right now with a few small exceptions

IMG_6857.jpg

Now to have Piccolo play Haro ball with Ultraman Type A, Miorene and Suletta(whenever I actually get around to building them XD)
Tried out Adventurer of Centy on NSO, and wow you guys weren’t kidding about this being positioned as SEGA’s Zelda
Yeah I started it too and I’m actually making progress(I don’t always have the best rhythm on genesis games). It’s really fun

Now am I letting that sale on Cleopatra Fortune S-tribute get me… elevator action is on sale too,..

Is this the first time Nintendo has interacted with a reply to one of their tweets? 🤔
Not sure how I feel about this... don't want them to become one of those "relatable" brand accounts. Also, I feel like they'd set themselves for a lot of trolling (knowing how the replies to their tweets often are).

nephew dropping some bombs today. He was very excited about SMB Wonder (he only had played 3d mario games) and asked me "you have any of those old 2d mario I can play?" so decided to put NSMBUDX.

So far he made it to the beggining of the jungle area and he was like "man, this is better than the donkey kong game, the power ups are cool, you even have a little air recovery move, and it's way faster, why didn't you lend me this one before?" and I'm like "Don't say this online cause you are asking for trouble ok? Some people simply can't handle the truth"
I will say, in general I think the 2D Mario games are more appealing and fun to play than the DKC series.

Preferring NSMBUDX to Tropical Freeze specifically is a bit wild though lol.

your nephew is based and mushroompilled

I will say, in general I think the 2D Mario games are more appealing and fun to play than the DKC series.

Preferring NSMBUDX to Tropical Freeze specifically is a bit wild though lol.

your nephew is based and mushroompilled

I summarized it, but the kid gave me a complete review lol. So basically for him DKC looks and sound better, but gameplay wise (quotting him):
  • More options for recovery in levels (Ie despite not having hearts, there are more power ups avaliable than kong barrerls in most levels)
  • The mini spin gives you a little extra air and works better as a recovery move than any of the kongs abilities
  • Each power up has real functionality in the game. He dislikes how Diddy barrerl boost really doesn't gives you much air and overall cranky has some functionality that overlaps with the other 2 kongs.
  • No frustrating levels like the rocket/cart ones
  • Bosses don't take 5 minutes to beat

I was like:

M7SmrVy.gif

Is anyone else watching Never Have I Ever?

And if so, don't you just absolutely hate Ben?

I know this is totally off topic, I just st had to get the hate off my chest

With June coming to a close, that's one month of meteorological Summer done and dusted, thus we are another month closer to the superior season; Autumn.

I summarized it, but the kid gave me a complete review lol. So basically for him DKC looks and sound better, but gameplay wise (quotting him):
  • More options for recovery in levels (Ie despite not having hearts, there are more power ups avaliable than kong barrerls in most levels)
  • The mini spin gives you a little extra air and works better as a recovery move than any of the kongs abilities
  • Each power up has real functionality in the game. He dislikes how Diddy barrerl boost really doesn't gives you much air and overall cranky has some functionality that overlaps with the other 2 kongs.

I was like:

M7SmrVy.gif
Nephew gave a pretty solid review/analysis there. Good stuff! I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on other games.

I saw and loved the first season. Is it worth it coming back for the other seasons?

With June coming to a close, that's one month of meteorological Summer done and dusted, thus we are another month closer to the superior season; Autumn.

Yes!! I hope July goes by as fast as June has. I love Summer for exactly 2 days and then I remember why I loathe it.

I saw and loved the first season. Is it worth it coming back for the other seasons?
As far as I'm concerned, yes. I got really attached to the core cast, and a lot of additional characters they pick up along the way are pretty nifty too. I'm actually currently in the process of trying not to cry over the finale.

As far as I'm concerned, yes. I got really attached to the core cast, and a lot of additional characters they pick up along the way are pretty nifty too. I'm actually currently in the process of trying not to cry over the finale.

I'll continue it then! I'll come back to Netflix in August to binge Heartstopper and continue this too! Thanks

Welp, decided to bite the bullet and make two final bosses, based on your choice at the end of the game you can only fight one.

Gotta make them both sufficiently epic I suppose.

My wife just finished it the other day. It looked really cute but I haven't seen much.

I had a measly 46 posts in this thread. Should be done with TotK in a bit, so next thread I should be around more

In other news, Gollum killed Daedalic.
Shit. That's terrible news, Daedalic deserved better...

I summarized it, but the kid gave me a complete review lol
So I guess he's buying Wonder then

And if so, don't you just absolutely hate
My baseline reaction to him is disgusted dismissal, so yes

Should be done with TotK in a bit, so next thread I should be around more
Video games detrimental to Famiboards confirmed

I was like:

M7SmrVy.gif
DFG9V_OVoAAFtew.jpg

I guess the thing is that NSMBU is made much worse by its context, but if you don't have that context, there are actually valid reasons to prefer it to DKCTF (this is physically painful to write)

Thanks for the ST @Party Sklar! Onto the next!

Thanks @Party Sklar for June’s awesome ST onwards to July!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom