• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is horrifying. I love it.
FhUozDI.gif

What hath you wrought @Irene ?
Checks out the theme

stephen-colbert-scream.gif
image.png

We need dark variants of all these new themes for those of us who don't actively hate our corneas

Famiboards presents

A Nintendo production

In collaboration with Lon Lon Ranch

The Legend of the Stinky Horse

I got an email about the steam summer sale, and I saw that Scarlet Nexus was 14$, so I downloaded the demo to try it. I also saw SH2 at 24$ but no demo.

It be funny that if I like scarlet nexus and buy it, it will be announced for switch lol. It happened when I bought The Last Remnant and Stranger of Sword City.
I tried the demo, storywise I already saw the anime and know the twist and turns in the game, but gameplay it did not click for me. Maybe because I went in thinking, "oh its gonna be like Astral Chain" , given the similarities, so I blame myself lol. I felt the psy powers kinda suck and were clunky (even with motion blur off it gives a blur effect) and regular attacks don't have that heavy feeling, it probably opens up later though.

Tried out Adventurer of Centy on NSO, and wow you guys weren’t kidding about this being positioned as SEGA’s Zelda
I think Sega tried at least 5 times to make a Zelda by my last count 😋 there may be more, but yeah Centy is one of the more blatant ones.

Not a complaint by any means. I wish more companies tried to make Zelda likes, especially using the old formula since that’s probably getting shelved for a while.

While HD Ports for GC/Wii/3DS are wonderful, I am sad that means we don't get nostalgic filters (eg. CRT)

I had to look up Matt Smith because the name meant nothing to me, but now I can't unsee it. 👻

Around the World (of Jazz) in 30 Days

Day 30: “Nostalgia in Times Square” Wayne Escoffery

Posting this a little earlier than usual since I don’t know when the new ST will start. We wind down our trip around the world with a stop in NYC. This is a Charles Mingus composition, but done by Escoffery’s quarter (he had also been a member of the Mingus Big Band for years). I really love how this one starts out with that groovy drum beat and then the low register Rhodes and bass driving the track. Particularly like the key solos throughout and also the interplay with the sax at the end. The tempo really does invoke that nostalgic feeling.

Thanks for indulging me this month. Had a lot of fun doing this. Next time I probably would do artists from countries rather than geographic locations in the song name, as it was hard to find local artists and showcase a lot of styles the way I set this up. Still worth it though to identify a lot of good artists. Full list below.

1. Drop Me Off in New Orleans - Kermit Ruffins
  2. Memphis - Dalvon Lamarr Organ Trio
  3. Carolina - Spyro Gyra
  4. Fontainebleau - Joan Chamorro Octet
  5. Centro San Agustin - Cachao
  6. Kingston - Courtney Pine
  7. St Thomas - Monty Alexander
  8. Brazilian Stomp - George Benson & Earl Klugh
  9. Night in the Algarve - Nils
  10. Spain - Chick Corea
  11. Côte d’Azur - The Rippingtons
  12. Monaco - Kenny Dorham
  13. Ménilmontant - Django Reinhardt and Stéphanie Grappelli
  14. Copenhagen - Sidney Bechet
  15. A day in Vienna - Roy Hargrove
  16. A Night I’m Tunisia - Dizzy Gillespie
  17. Marrakesh - Acoustic Alchemy
  18. Dakar - John Coltrane
  19. The 233 Jazz Bar - Benjamin Boone and the Ghana Jazz Collective
  20. Lagos Pepper Soup - Michael Olatuja (feat. Angelique Kidjo & Lionel Loueke)
  21. Joburg Poem - Shane Cooper & Mabuta
  22. A Night in Damascus - Toufic Farroukh
  23. Punjab - Joe Henderson
  24. Myanmar Folk Song - Anne Pacéo
  25. Sunrise in Beijing (feat. Elena Pinderhughes) - Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah
  26. Osaka - Athletic Progression
  27. Tokyo Portage - Yusuke Nakamura
  28. Gold Coast - Bill Laurance
  29. Golden State - Yellowjackets
  30. Nostalgia in Times Square - Wayne Escoffery

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Remake – 2 Skulls 2 Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom