• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northern Hemisphere: "Yay, Summer!"
Meanwhile in Australia:
1138461750.jpg

You know, I love some random tv trivia. So Hawaii was an independent tv market till the 90’s so apparently several Japanese tv companies directly imported and translated stuff for that market. Most of its lost dubbed media but it had almost no cuts or tweaks compared to NA localization. So from what little has survived we get some real gems.
Like english openings and closings sung by the original Japanese singers

I’m sure @Derachi would get a kick out of these

All the hand-wringing over Final Fantasy XVI in terms of pre-orders and potential sales figures has me a bit more hopeful that Dragon Quest XII won't be skipping the Switch/Switch 2.

It was probably unlikely anyway but I don't put any Square Enix title outside of Sony's grasp.

Y'ALL

DARK KNIGHT JUST GOT BEAT THE FUCK OUT

GO WATCH ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE
I have a couple friends who adored Spiderverse 1

Constantly told me to watch Spiderverse 1

I finally did, it was amazing, helped rejuvenate my faith in mainstream western animation

Now a year later, I'm begging them to go see Spiderverse 2 with me

Silence. 🤷‍♂️

All the hand-wringing over Final Fantasy XVI in terms of pre-orders and potential sales figures has me a bit more hopeful that Dragon Quest XII won't be skipping the Switch/Switch 2.

It was probably unlikely anyway but I don't put any Square Enix title outside of Sony's grasp.
I do think by the time we see footage, the switch 2 will be here (or announced). But given that they made a 3DS version,which sold more than the ps4 on launch, says a lot about the DQ team.

Spotted my lawnmowing service finally showing up for work earlier today. They're extremely slow, but they make up for it by being adorable:

Bun5.jpeg

The implication that (white) Australians can handle spicy simmered fruit...
I used to be totally unable to handle it as I wasn't raised with a lot of spicy food and being autistic I had some sensory issues with it, but I have actually learned to really like it.

One of my best friends since University is Indian, and my girlfriend is Chinese, between the two of them they've really broadened my horizons food wise.
Nowadays I quite enjoy a bit of hotness, especially on a cold winter's day. :)

I have a couple friends who adored Spiderverse 1

Constantly told me to watch Spiderverse 1

I finally did, it was amazing, helped rejuvenate my faith in mainstream western animation

Now a year later, I'm begging them to go see Spiderverse 2 with me

Silence. 🤷‍♂️
I'll go see it with you

I think literally my entire Twitter timeline tonight is just people gushing over Spider-Verse

Northern Hemisphere: "Yay, Summer!"
Meanwhile in Australia:
1138461750.jpg
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Y'ALL

DARK KNIGHT JUST GOT BEAT THE FUCK OUT

GO WATCH ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE
I was in the cinemas yesterday to see it but the 4DX was so violent it was unbearable. Had to leave after 15 min. I’ll try again next week, but these 15 min were enough for me to say that it might be one of the best looking computer animated movies of all time, really looking forward to see the rest of it!

Just finished watching the latest and biggest PMG video yet. I was completely glued to the screen. As someone who makes games, I'm always so fascinated by these kinds of videos about people just going all-in on making their dreams and life works come true. It's so inspiring, but can also serve as a cautionary tale of sorts. Can really recommend this one, though there is some truly heart-wrenching moments here.

I feel vindicated this morning because I’ve been saying up and down in the Famitsu threads for the last year or so that S-E’s bean counters were going to be sweating over the state of the PS5 come XVI’s release unless they pulled a XIII and went multiplatform out of the gate.

DQ absolutely won’t skip Switch because the series needs Japanese sales and that means it has to be on Nintendo hardware currently.

Last edited:
D&D last night was pretty amazing and could be summed up like this:

DM: Surely this druid will give the party a hard time.

Me, a warlock: haha, eldritch blast go brrrrr

I was in the cinemas yesterday to see it but the 4DX was so violent it was unbearable. Had to leave after 15 min. I’ll try again next week, but these 15 min were enough for me to say that it might be one of the best looking computer animated movies of all time, really looking forward to see the rest of it!
Oh yeah, the movie was frickin gorgeous. The mix of colors and art styles was incredible

Happy Pride month y'all!

Remember, no matter why or how you identify, you matter! :)

Forgot about this, cool it has a release date now

Loved how they left out Hogan and Flair, two very much problematic legends. This is Macho Man's time to shine!

Devs say there are 23 more legends that haven't been shown. Wonder who they are. Since the legend licensing a package deal, I expect to see Roddy Piper, Lex Luger, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Psycho Sid, Brutus Beefcake, Bam Bam Bigelow and Vader.

Last edited:
Loved how they leaved out Hogan and Flair, two very much problematic legends. This is Macho Man's time to shine!

Devs say there are 23 more legends that haven't been shown. Wonder who they are. Since the legend licensing a package deal, I expect to see Roddy Piper, Lex Luger, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Psycho Sid, Brutus Beefcake and Vader.
To be fair it seems they got parodied instead which is suiting. I always remember Vader I think cause of Boy meets world where he’s the dad of one of the classmates

Played Mario Strikers Charged all evening and gotta say, it's amazing how well NLG managed to balance accessibility, gameplay depth and fun/wackiness.

Played for 4 hours straight with a friend and it flew by. We attempted the final cup 3 times and after 2 losses in the knockouts we finally managed to get to the finale and win by the skin of our teeth (2 matches into overtime, one of them even went on for 6 mins). The CPU is also in that perfect sweet spot where they are difficult to beat but never discouraging.

I think they really dropped the ball (no pun intended) with the new one by focusing on online/competitive. Unique stages where you have to really switch up your play pattern, an abundance of different items and better team layout customisability make it such that the older game never feels stale, yet none of that made it into Battle League.

It's wonderful how well Mario Strikers Charged holds up to this day, and in my opinion it's an underrated classic, especially if you can team up with someone.

I just realized, still no update on megaton Musashi wired yet 😦 . I’m really looking forward to that

Got the 6:45 tickets for Spidey Verse 2 tomorrow evening, gonna enjoy re-watching the first movie tonight 👌

(Assuming I don't get too sucked into Zelda rn lol)

Have you ever been listening to a game OST on Youtube and suddenly realized that a song you nearly forgot about fucking owns?

I mean, I knew it was a good track and is well liked so this probably isn't news to anyone, it's just not one I had listened to in a long time, so I forgot just how good.

Around the World (of Jazz) in 30 Days

Day 3: “Carolina” Spyro Gyra

We head eastward to the Carolinas on our world tour. I have no clue if this song is even about the Carolinas or a person (I assume the latter but the title works for the purposes of the exercise). I wouldn’t even say the arrangements or instrumentation have anything to do with the location, but, damn, if 80s jazz fusion isn’t amazing. Very percussion heavy with the synth and vibraphone and all sorts of fun drumming techniques. Solid work taking the soprano sax and having it accompany some of the Caribbean style percussion toward the latter third of the song.

Mmmh, I probably should drop Elden Ring already. I'm sadly just/still not feeling the game. :-(
This has been quite the frustrating journey so far.

Hell yeah my internet is out again. Next time I see a BrightSpeed/CenturyLink truck on the road I’m going to recreate a scene from Mad Max.

When a year is packed with games both small and hugely anticipated. You tend to forget what comes out.

I completely forgot Resident Evil 4 remake came out a few months ago.

Mmmh, I probably should drop Elden Ring already. I'm sadly just/still not feeling the game. :-(
This has been quite the frustrating journey so far.
Roughly where are you in the in game? Is it the general openness that's making it not click with you? I'm sorry to hear that, but I know you've been feeling that pretty much the whole time, so maybe it's just not a game that's ever going to quite work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom