• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm more excited about these new (gorgeous, magnificent) Joy-Con colors than the 1-2-Switch sequel

Can we get some new Switch Lite colors too, Nintendo? Preferably in those pastel colors. My Switch Lite in its twilight years, a lilac pastel replacement would be sooo cool.

Oof, I love my job, I really do, but sometimes, when you work with a dozen plus kids at a time, getting to the end of the week be like

aae91c4c6250db75628768d8fb31ffb47330fa4d_hq.jpg

For better (this) or worse (NFTs), SEGA really does what Nintendon't

Only thing i don't like about the new joycons is that now, buying a new pair implies expending an extra 30 € in Gulikit sticks.

But they look reaaaaaally pretty. I love them.

I'm playing Returnal for the first time and it's easily one of the best AAA games I've ever played. Definitely the kind of experiences I wish Sony invested more in. Something really different from their typical games while still having a pretty high budget. In terms of gameplay, it's one of the best roguelike out there, the aesthetics and visuals are beautiful and the story seems engaging.
Amazing experience so far and I'm only 5 hours in.

Last edited:
You know I wonder if they’ll put up a combo deal for the 1-2 Switch duology at like $40 or $50

Also those Joy Cons are sweet looking and I wish I could justify picking them up but I’ve already got 4 ☹️

I'm playing Returnal for the first time and it's easily one of the best AAA games I've ever played. Definitely the kind of experiences I wish Sony invested more in. Something really different from their typical games while still having a pretty high budget. In terms of gameplay, it's one of the best roguelike out there, the aesthetics and visuals are beautiful and the story seems engaging.
Amazing experience so far and I'm only 5 hours away.
Definitely one of their titles I still plan on picking up on PC! I will probably wait until I upgrade my aging hardware, tho. A current gen only release is probably a bit much for my PC.

Does anyone have a good suggestion of dumb quick fun and free mobile game to play? In these last updates Marvel Snap has become terribly unfun.
Also I hope if someone here streams Everybody 1-2 Switch the title of it is "stinky horse game".

Does anyone have a good suggestion of dumb quick fun and free mobile game to play? In these last updates Marvel Snap has become terribly unfun.
Also I hope if someone here streams Everybody 1-2 Switch the title of it is "stinky horse game".
It's kinda gacha but very fair, I like Friends and Dragons. Not exactly quick but it's got a pretty fun SRPG style combat where you drag one of your heroes across a board and in doing so reposition all of them, then they all attack if able.

Sony: We don't have a release date yet for Spider-Man 2
Nintendo: We've been sitting on multiple completed games for at least year until we think your body is ready for them

Sony: We don't have a release date yet for Spider-Man 2
Nintendo: We've been sitting on multiple completed games for at least year until we think your body is ready for them

To be fair, Spider Man 2 could be already complete and Sony is just sitting on it!

I have no theory that they are waiting to see if Starfield's release is solidified or is delayed a few more weeks before committing to a firm release date for Spiderman.

Sony definitely has a date for Spider-Man 2 already, they just wait until people are most hyped from the new movie before they drop it.

To be fair, Spider Man 2 could be already complete and Sony is just sitting on it!

I have no theory that they are waiting to see if Starfield's release is solidified or is delayed a few more weeks before committing to a firm release date for Spiderman.
Actually they were waiting for Stinky Horse game to make sure it doesn't overshadow spiderman.
Now that it's out of the way, it's only a matter of time before Sony announces the date.

Not to be TMI but anxiety + IBS is absolutely the worst thing happening to me right now. This is NOT the vibe I want to have. If anyone else suffers from this combo, I'm sorry.

Now that it’s officially summer time and vacation season is fast approaching, I thought it would be fun to do a different Jazz month idea. So I’m introducing:

Around the World (of Jazz) in 30 Days

The idea is to take a world tour with stops at various locations. The titles will all be location-based jazz songs and not necessarily a regional style. I do plan to us lots of styles though. Will we stop in your hometown, favorite vacation spot, a place you never imagined would have a jazz song named after it? Hop onboard and find out:

Day 1: “Drop Me Off in New Orleans” - Kermit Ruffins

Where else would we start but the birthplace of jazz? This is a fun song that is a callback to the early jazz years, Armstrong in particular. Has the heavy use of the bleating trumpet and the conversational vocal style. I get a big, “When the Saints Go Marching In,” vibe from the song as well. Hope you all enjoy the trip (or at least indulge me for the next month)!

Your month of jazz always makes me reminisce that I should have gone harder on the Springsteen puns for March, so by all rights bring on some festive summer party jazz! Queued it up on Spotify (ironically after the latest Springsteen release on Spotify celebrating Darkness On The Edge of Town having come out 45 years ago today with some live tour cuts from 1978), and damn isn't it just so fun

Gamers on Twitter having a normal one over all the Pride Month stuff Xbox is tweeting.

Guess they’ll have to switch to PlayStation and play non-woke games like The Last of Us Part 2 and Horizon Forbidden West.

Just had a theory that the pastel Joy-Cons coordinate with the Nintendo princesses and I think I’m right and I can’t unsee this

Pink: Peach
Yellow: Daisy
Green: Rosalina
Purple: Zelda

Amazing experience so far and I'm only 5 hours away.
I absolutely love Returnal, it’s a real gem. What it does with the story and idea of a roguelite, narratively, is also excellent. One of the best uses of a song in a game, too, which I won’t spoil.

Gamers on Twitter having a normal one over all the Pride Month stuff Xbox is tweeting.

Guess they’ll have to switch to PlayStation and play non-woke games like The Last of Us Part 2 and Horizon Forbidden West.
Oh right, Forbidden West is $30 right now. Might pick it up. Still need to play my copy of Zero Dawn though.

Reading up on some of the current gaming rumours, I really hope P3R makes its way to Switch. I just can't play a game like that on anything else anymore...

Bouncing back and forth between Elden Ring, Jedi Fallen Order (both on my PC), P5R, and MH Rise (both on Switch) is also currently showing me again how much I enjoy (or don't enjoy) playing some of these types of games on stationary machines or experiencing them on a handheld instead. I'm having a really good time with three of these the way I'm playing them, but one of them is not like the others. ;D

Open worlds/long RPGs/adventure games on anything but a handheld/hybrid really has become a no-no for me.
Fallen Order for an hour or so is a lot of fun even (or especially?) in front of the big screen, though. The presentation is just great and the levels / pacing rather crisp. Good stuff!

Where do I even begin the nonsense I’ve been through in May and April?

I’ve somehow avoided covid but still caught probably the worst sickness I’ve ever had, pneumonia

the horse game has been released to coincide with hay fever season, nintendo are marketing geniuses

Anyone else looking forward to the Avatar game? Far Cry Pandora Edition sounds pretty cool. Haven’t played a Far Cry since 3 though.

Did anybody here get Override 2 and have any thoughts on it? It’s on sale for $5 right now
Edit: after checking reviews. Yeah I think I’ll pass. Apparently the first one was solid but 2 missed the note and went too light, the new gimmick didn’t add enough and it’s just a mediocre arena fighter. Better off saving my money

Already have other iffy games I plan to get XD… like the switch port of Neptunia VII

Last edited:
Around the World (of Jazz) in 30 Days

Day 2 - “Memphis” Dalvon Lamarr Organ Trio

From New Orleans, we head up the Mississippi, to Memphis. This is a local artist from Seattle, so went with a live session from our amazing public radio station. This is originally from John Parton on an album that sat unreleased for 30 years (also a good version), but I like the soul jazz rendition here and the bluesy guitar. This group is absolutely amazing, so encourage everyone to check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom