• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely misread this level name initially

A3vI17Q.jpg

What did you misread it as? Maybe draw an elaborate picture of what you thought it was and share it with us.

Gf borrowed my phone so she could play Pokemon Go on two devices at once, and then spent hours going back through Bayonetta 3 on my Switch to collect all the shit I missed. I think I am officially the casual gamer in this relationship.

Btw, are we doing a GOTY thing on Famiboards this year? Last year's was fun. :)

Last edited:
Gf borrowed my phone so she could play Pokemon Go on two devices at once, and then spent hours going back through Bayonetta 3 on my Switch to collect all the shit I missed. I think I am officially the casual gamer in this relationship.

Btw, are we doing a GOTY thing on Famiboards this year? And if nothing is planned, would it be okay if I made the thread? :)
I’m doing a share your top X favorite games thread. There’s no pooled results or debate component for mine so that’s still open as far as I know if you want to organize something like that.

Decided to get started on the PS5 version of FFVIIR (I played like half of the PS4 version back when it came out) and for some reason, whenever I play this game, I end up wanting to replay DQXIS. Maybe it’s just Unreal 4.
It's probably just you subconsciously feeling you should be playing a much superior game.

I kid, I kid.

Or do I

Spent the last 6 hours cutting 3 whole-ass pages from act one of my script, and cutting 4 pages front to back, taking the total page count from 102 to 98. One last pass tomorrow night to punch up the dialogue and then we're sending this bad boy to our actress' team for final review before submitting to Hulu ahead of Christmas 💪

Spent the last 6 hours cutting 3 whole-ass pages from act one of my script, and cutting 4 pages front to back, taking the total page count from 102 to 98. One last pass tomorrow night to punch up the dialogue and then we're sending this bad boy to our actress' team for final review before submitting to Hulu ahead of Christmas 💪
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

1. I love the "when," not "if" for streaming. Let's manifest it!
Tryina be the optimism I wanna see in the world 🤘
2. Honestly I would be credited as a writer and probably a producer so like...probably not LMAO but it would be worth it, I've come to trust and love so so many of y'all
Well if it comes to it there's always hide tags and DMs 😅

Now scuse me while I continue with Dollface on hulu

I think I'm turning the corner on COVID but a little worried about after-effects: my right ear has tinnitus now and apparently there's a small amount of COVID patients who have reported the same thing. Reaaaallly don't want that to stick around.

Anyways the new big FEH chapter and animated trailer should be dropping in 10 minutes so I have a good distraction for today. Wonder what aesthetic they'll go with.

Anything I should know before diving into Rusty's Real Deal Baseball? I'm pretty close to being done with Deus Ex Go (fantastic mobile experience for $10) and I think Rusty is the next stop on the "play this before it disappears" tour I'm currently doing.

I think I'm turning the corner on COVID but a little worried about after-effects: my right ear has tinnitus now and apparently there's a small amount of COVID patients who have reported the same thing. Reaaaallly don't want that to stick around.

Anyways the new big FEH chapter and animated trailer should be dropping in 10 minutes so I have a good distraction for today. Wonder what aesthetic they'll go with.
Everyone should take periodic boosters to mitigate the effects of possible Long Covid.

"The D covering Chris Isaak" was not on my bingo card for 2022, holy shit

this is relevant to the thread because JB is Bowser, right?

That’s some damn nice acoustic work, and Jack Black has a really underrated voice. Love the D.

For a much heavier version, I’ve always loved this one by HIM:

I don't spend enough time playing video games.
I was gonna play something tonight but I didn't feel up to interaction so I'm on YouTube listening to a Genesis chiptune remix of Sonic Frontiers music.

So instead of playing a video game I'm listening to a song from a video game remixed in the style of an older video game.

Just finished Pentiment on my Series X. What a truly special game. Honestly, my GOTY behind Elden Ring.

"The D covering Chris Isaak" was not on my bingo card for 2022, holy shit

this is relevant to the thread because JB is Bowser, right?

Okay yeah so our boy JB killed that

I believe it is still a Switch exclusive? I don’t see any news suggesting otherwise. I actually think it’s a solid contender for the Game Awards since it would stand out amongst the usual Geoff fare, the core concept is great (mixing sports together), and get a good amount of eyes on it that wouldn’t otherwise.
Thanks for the answer! Thought it wasn’t an exclusive anymore because in the last Indie World they said « Sports Story kicks off on the Nintendo Switch system this December » whereas at the time of the announcement they said « Sports Story launches exclusively on Nintendo Switch ».

Btw, are we doing a GOTY thing on Famiboards this year? Last year's was fun. :)

We will be holding a Game of the Year event on Famiboards! Staff is currently discussing it and planning to kick it all off in January, as an opportunity to look back at what has been, and talk about and celebrate what we have been playing during 2022, precious memories and fun times.

As mentioned, we’re still in the planning stage, so nothing is set in stone yet, but it will be a proper event with a voting process and such.

We will be holding a Game of the Year event on Famiboards! Staff is currently discussing it and planning to kick it all off in January, as an opportunity to look back at what has been, and talk about and celebrate what we have been playing during 2022, precious memories and fun times.
This is fantastic news!

But aren't yall a little worried the spotlight will be stolen by the inevitable January Direct?

As mentioned, we’re still in the planning stage, so nothing is set in stone yet, but it will be a proper event with a voting process and such.
Just wanted to ask, is the site event being planned mostly about voting? I was planning to do a casual share your favorite games from 2022 thread on January 1st like I did earlier this year (no voting, collected results, or debate), but I don’t want to step on any official site event.

Is GTA Trilogy still iffy or did they patch out the problems? It's on sale for 20 more minutes and I'm conflicted lol

EDIT: I got enough coins to cover half the price, so what the heck

Last edited:
Is GTA Trilogy still iffy or did they patch out the problems? It's on sale for 20 more minutes and I'm conflicted lol

EDIT: I got enough coins to cover half the price, so what the heck
It's improved over the release version and much better at hitting 30fps (and staying there) but still has some smaller issues with stutter.

It's improved over the release version and much better at hitting 30fps (and staying there) but still has some smaller issues with stutter.
That's fine then. I already have original San Andreas on PS4, so this is just for portability. Figure I've spent 15 bucks on worse things.

Just wanted to ask, is the site event being planned mostly about voting? I was planning to do a casual share your favorite games from 2022 thread on January 1st like I did earlier this year (no voting, collected results, or debate), but I don’t want to step on any official site event.

It’s totally fine!

The event is mostly about nomination, voting and results, the usual stuff. While we’re having a sort of Personal Picks thread on the planning table, in no way do we intend to run over other member’s own, casual GOTY threads.

It’s totally fine!

The event is mostly about nomination, voting and results, the usual stuff. While we’re having a sort of Personal Picks thread on the planning table, in no way do we intend to run over other member’s own, casual GOTY threads.
Cool! Yeah I mainly wanted to make sure a space for that kind of casual discussion was happening somewhere, so I’ll definitely make my thread then. Very excited to see and participate in Fami’s 2nd official GOTY event too :)

I like the idea of a thread like this, especially if we can also talk about favourite backlog games we played/replayed this year.

Cool! Yeah I mainly wanted to make sure a space for that kind of casual discussion was happening somewhere, so I’ll definitely make my thread then. Very excited to see and participate in Fami’s 2nd official GOTY event too :)
I think threads like your planned one are also a great place to showcase hidden gems that maybe only a few of us played, whereas the GOTY threads tend to be very busy and eventually focus around popular stuff by definition :)

I always like reading through threads on a cold January afternoon where people talk about stuff from the previous year. Especially if it coincides with those games being on sale :D

Another Chapter down! Chapter 20 wasn’t that bad although the boss battle is super annoying. Now onto Chapter 21’s long enemy gauntlet before finally killing the Chaos Kin.

Hopefully I can finish the final levels this month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom