• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might lead to an anime overdose. If that happens, we might need to pump your body full of Marvel movies, Law and Order, and Call of Duty to counter act it.
lsSdQjO.gif

Been dealing with a constant ringing shaking in my ear that feels like it’s shaking my whole body. It’s driving me mad. I could barely sleep last night.

I think the transition from Captain Toad to Yoshi will be easier long term; specifically like you said the lack of a jump button, no timer for the levels, and controlling the camera with a separate joystick is easier I feel to learn in Captain Toad as opposed to Yoshi
This is such a good point that I hadn't thought about - the transition from one to another. This is perfect because I ended up ordering her both, but I'll encourage her to start with Captain Toad and use that learning experience to prep for another chill, but mechanically tougher game in Yoshi.
Tough call. I think either one would be fine, but I’ll throw my vote in for Captain Toad. It’s chill and your mom can take her time exploring the cozy puzzle box levels.
Love it, thank you! Are Yoshi's levels on a timer?
I think Captain Toad is far better option.
3 for 3! Glad I went with both so she'll have some longevity with two shorter games, but Toad ----> Yoshi definitely seems like the right track.

Been dealing with a constant ringing shaking in my ear that feels like it’s shaking my whole body. It’s driving me mad. I could barely sleep last night.
Whoa, when did this start? Have you been doing anything with extremely loud volume/high decibels lately, like a concert or intense manual labor?

Whoa, when did this start? Have you been doing anything with extremely loud volume/high decibels lately, like a concert or intense manual labor?
Been for a couple of weeks but got real bad these last few days. It’s now starting to drive me mad. I legit could not sleep great last night so I messed with emulation on my deck some. I am seeing a doctor tomorrow on it. I believe it’s related to wax build up but I am not sure. Either way, the stuff is driving me mad. It’s making me feel like I’m shaking my bed or something is wrong with my heart. It’s just making me feel like I’m shaking. @merp made me think about this some

Been for a couple of weeks but got real bad these last few days. It’s now starting to drive me mad. I legit could not sleep great last night so I messed with emulation on my deck some. I am seeing a doctor tomorrow on it. I believe it’s related to wax build up but I am not sure. Either way, the stuff is driving me mad. It’s making me feel like I’m shaking my bed or something is wrong with my heart. It’s just making me feel like I’m shaking. @merp made me think about this some
You can't sleep?

I got my anti-depressant refill and the problem has gone away!

It may be that you've hit a "depressive episode" of some sort. Either that, or you're consuming something that spikes your heart-rate. I learned that my heart-rate was now going up just be drinking a different coffee, this one from McDonalds (McCafe).

That might lead to an anime overdose. If that happens, we might need to pump your body full of Marvel movies, Law and Order, and Call of Duty to counter act it.
I hate all of those but marvel tho.

Also I watch anime while grinding in Xenoblade

i remember when I switched the tv on in my hotel room and law and order was one, first time I've ever watched it. I thought damn, these cases are brutal, what is up with law and order. Then it said "Law and Order Special Victims Unit" when the next episode started and I realized why. There was some fucked up shit in those episodes man

You can't sleep?

I got my anti-depressant refill and the problem has gone away!

It may be that you've hit a "depressive episode" of some sort. Either that, or you're consuming something that spikes your heart-rate. I learned that my heart-rate was now going up just be drinking a different coffee, this one from McDonalds (McCafe).
I can some. Just lately I can’t and I’ve been feeling this shaking sensation and this ringing in my ear, I believe it’s comected to a wax build up in my ear but it is affecting my sleep. I am going to a doctor tomorrow about it.

Good idea. You'll be fine, m8 (y)
Thanks. I just want some decent sleep. I spent most of the night working on getting og xbox emulation up and running on the steam deck which I did get it done. Got the original halo combat evolved in its full glory

@Dragoncaine forget og xbox backwards compatibility, how about og xbox portability?

I don’t usually buy a lot of stuff from Amazon but I was supposed to have 2 things get delivered today and neither of them have had their tracking updated in 2 days. I even popped a Prime trial to get them in 2 days but that’s obviously not happening. I get that it’s December so postal services are gonna be backed up but it’s still a little frustrating.

They're probably gonna try to push their remake of the Collosal Cave
Ah, that's true, but still. I'll take it. I have a huge soft spot for Roberta's games, being an old King's Quest fan from way back. The Game Awards could use more 'history/old original game industry' kinda people in it

haven’t posted a Grögol Bonanza update in a while, but I’m excited to report that I have a mostly functional main menu

also the game crashes when you dash in the rain

Ah, that's true, but still. I'll take it. I have a huge soft spot for Roberta's games, being an old King's Quest fan from way back. The Game Awards could use more 'history/old original game industry' kinda people in it
I'm more of a QfG fan myself but yeah it's neat that they're getting recognized.

Phantasmagoria was a ride too.

haven’t posted a Grögol Bonanza update in a while, but I’m excited to report that I have a mostly functional main menu

As does real life, most of the time.

Hit 120 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and I'm at the point where I could embark upon the final dungeon... but I don't want to finish the game.

I understand that I can keep playing after hitting the credits and that extra content will unlock, so it's not as if I'd need to try and do all the side content before finishing the main story... but I still don't feel ready to close out the main narrative. I need to figure out what bits and pieces of side questing I should do to emotionally prepare myself for ending the game (and then continuing to play the game).

Hit 120 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and I'm at the point where I could embark upon the final dungeon... but I don't want to finish the game.

I understand that I can keep playing after hitting the credits and that extra content will unlock, so it's not as if I'd need to try and do all the side content before finishing the main story... but I still don't feel ready to close out the main narrative. I need to figure out what bits and pieces of side questing I should do to emotionally prepare myself for ending the game (and then continuing to play the game).
I'm so bad at this, too, especially in big open games where you can avoid ending the game by doing a ton of other things. It was kind of a problem in something like FF13 where you HAVE to beat the game in order to unlock the final skill trees, so you kind of run into a wall after a while without them.

I'm sorry if someone already talked about this, but is there a chance for a "small" indie game like Sports Story to be dated/shdowdropped during The Game Awards ? Thought it might be a Game Pass announcement, since it appears that it's no longer a Switch exclusive
I believe it is still a Switch exclusive? I don’t see any news suggesting otherwise. I actually think it’s a solid contender for the Game Awards since it would stand out amongst the usual Geoff fare, the core concept is great (mixing sports together), and get a good amount of eyes on it that wouldn’t otherwise.

How much Sonic have you been playing lately? Thinking about it, we might need to have you go through Two and Half Men therapy before you start showing symptoms. It will be a painful experience but it's the only way we can save you.
I've played plenty of Sonic but I already had a palate cleanser in the form of Super Kiwi 64 so I'm not gonna be needing any Charlie Sheen anytime soon thankyouverymuch

w00t
just like in real life
Edit: dammit, @Skittzo already said that, why did it not come up when I refreshed? 😩

Finished Andor earlier. For the D+ Star Wars series that was called the most "unnecessary" at its announcement this sure was easily the best of the bunch.

Holy shit, Ken and Roberta Williams are presenting at the Game Awards? That actually owns.

Neat! I haven't been following that too closely, but I know Infamous Quests are helping out and it they've been over the moon getting a chance to work with Ken and Roberta since they're huge Sierra fans.

Like @Skittzo said, it's very likely related to the Colossal Cave project

I would be happy for this if it wasn't just simply to shill stuff though. Last time the Williams were there it was to assist with pushing the King's Quest reboot which really dampened the moment I thought because the show simply cannot get out of it's own way of being "winter E3".

Game Developer's Choice awards show still has the Lifetime Achievement and the Pioneer awards.

Last edited:
Decided to get started on the PS5 version of FFVIIR (I played like half of the PS4 version back when it came out) and for some reason, whenever I play this game, I end up wanting to replay DQXIS. Maybe it’s just Unreal 4.

I need a PS5 just to play FF7R Intergrade because for some reason SquareEnix thought that the PS4 users didn't deserve it.

I think it's better 👀

Speaking of Star Wars, I almost forgot that Jedi Survivor is gonna be at the Game Awards, should be good.
...I agree, actually.

Andor is even better than ESB.

It is the best Star Wars since the franchise started in 1977.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom