• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I opened up the demos on my itch page to donations. Set the suggested donation to $0.

This is how I get my new development PC, I can feel it.

Having not played any of the games, I believe Baba Is You is Dark Souls 4.
See belly look what you've done

Being serious though, I do definitely get the comparison, but I think "just keep at it, it's worth it" is much more frustrating advice for a game like Dark Souls. You always have the option to look up hints (or even full solutions) for a puzzle game in a way you can't really for action/adventure games or RPGs.

Pre-orders opened for vinyl records for Bugsnax, The Artful Escape, Archer, Minecraft Dungeons, and a Jazz Suite medley of Megaman/Banjo/DK/Zelda/Sonic, and physical game copies of The Artful Escape for Switch and PS5.

Nabbed The Artful Escape on vinyl, so I'm a happy camper.

Pre-orders opened for vinyl records for Bugsnax, The Artful Escape, Archer, Minecraft Dungeons, and a Jazz Suite medley of Megaman/Banjo/DK/Zelda/Sonic, and physical game copies of The Artful Escape for Switch and PS5.

Nabbed The Artful Escape on vinyl, so I'm a happy camper.
Holy shit. That blueshift big band album is on Apple Music and it is so good. DK music was made for big band. Has a Benny Goodman “Sing, Sing, Sing” vibe to it.

Well I think I’ve bit on the target Xbox series S deal. Did in store pickup so probably sacrificing my lunch to go grab it. It’s really $216 since I’ll use the $50 target credit on an Eshop card I already planned to get.
Figure it’s worth it since: I have over 60 digital Xbox games, I grab the original Xbox ones whenever they’re on sale, I have maybe 6 months of gamepass left, I don’t have a good streaming device for my tv and it even has Hidive, and as a cherry on top, doesn’t it have great emulator support? I think I grabbed the ps2 one when it popped back up and I have a decent chunk of my retro collection backed up. So that’d be a big perk.
And I have a functioning basic Blu-ray player for now so that’s not an issue

Christopher Dring (Gameindustry.biz) has heard from multiple sources that 2023 (and potentially beyond) is going to be baron year for Nintendo games beyond titles we already know about.

He speculates hardware will be Christmas 2024:

Christopher Dring (Gameindustry.biz) has heard from multiple sources that 2023 (and potentially beyond) is going to be baron year for Nintendo games beyond titles we already know about.
Dring has always been in team "no Switch pro". Three of the Nintendo's latest games scream Pro and there are too many evidence to ignore. I don't see Nintendo going through a whole year full of games with bad performance...

This doesn't make a ton of sense. So updated hardware in late 2023 is a "sure", but then "transition" will be 2024? They're not going to launch a "Switch Pro" in 2023 and then a "Switch 2" barely a year later

This doesn't make a ton of sense. So updated hardware in late 2023 is a "sure", but then "transition" will be 2024? They're not going to launch a "Switch Pro" in 2023 and then a "Switch 2" barely a year later

Yeah I tweeted back and asked him for verification. See if he responds. Was confused by his wording but I'm assuming that he might mean a Zelda OLED Switch model or something but who knows. Weird wording.

Yeah I tweeted back and asked him for verification. See if he responds. Was confused by his wording but I'm assuming that he might mean a Zelda OLED Switch model or something but who knows. Weird wording.
That's far more likely, but I still think that Holiday 2024 feels too late for a new console. Especially if things are "going dry" right after Zelda, that's a year and a half of "dry". Now I guess that depends on what you mean by "dry" though, is that just fewer games, but still some good ones here and there, maybe more like 2020? Because that's reasonable, even if it would kind of suck. But I can't see things dropping off a cliff completely if the new console isn't until late 2024.

Dring never believed in Switch Pro. I think means after Zelda things will go downhill for Switch until new console launches in 2024. He must have forgotten that Pikmin 4 is coming next year and big chance that Metroid Prime 4 too.

I think barren is the wrong word for this. There's no way Nintendo only has a couple of titles after Zelda. Less than 2022? Sure. No titles or only a few? No shot.

At this point, unless someone gets into specifics, I don't really pay attention to what some industry say about what's upcoming from Nintendo. "I've heard from two people" doesn't say much. Two people from where?

I think barren is the wrong word for this. There's no way Nintendo only has a couple of titles after Zelda. Less than 2022? Sure. No titles or only a few? No shot.
He clarifies he's talking about a lack of big sellers relative to something Zelda size. He doesn't, for example, consider Pikmin 4 to be a big title.

Regardless, I think it is safe to assume that 2023 will be a much lighter year than 2022. The last Nintendo Direct pretty much spelled that out. 2023 will be the DLC and Zelda show with five or six other titles sprinkled throughout the year.

Nintendo is going to fight tooth and fucking nail to make Pikmin a big title. they're straight up positioning it as a fifth pillar at the osaka store location

Definitely. Zelda is going to be absolutely massive, but they're still going to have a good holiday lineup of some sort. Especially with Pokemon likely just being a DLC expansion in 2023, that holiday slot has to have something in it.
He clarifies he's talking about a lack of big sellers. He doesn't, for example, consider Pikmin 4 to be a big title.
Although if this is what he means then I don't really care anymore, since most titles I really care about aren't going to be 'big' on that level

I may be willing to write off a Switch Pro/Switch 2 forever and ever if we don't get an announcement by March 31st, 2023 and accept Switch is the last console Nintendo will ever make until the heat death of the universe, but if the Mario movie releases without so much as a flagship Mario game in the following 12 months I'll walk away from gaming entirely for an indefinite period of time.

But I agree Pikmin should be Nintendo's next big pillar.

anyway I don't want to think about how boring 2023 will be when I only bought like three games this year
For me, H1 2023 is already a banger year, and we know Pikmin 4 will be coming too. For 2023 to not be great, we'd have to have like... literally nothing else the entire rest of the year. And I think just what we know alone makes it a better year than probably 2020 or 2018.

2023:
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • Pikmin 4
  • New Super Mario Bros Switch
  • Detective Pikachu
  • Some weird ass new IP
  • A remaster (I'm not a believer of Metroid Prime Remake but prove me wrong Nintendo)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion
  • Mario + Rabbids Expansion
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC
  • Splatoon 3 DLC
  • TOTK DLC

So probably another year without 2D Mario, 3D Mario or Donkey Kong. Great…. I’m starting to hate those EPD hirings for giving me false hope that one of those would be announced soon.

At least we have Pikmin 4.

Ah, the cycle repeats itself

-The September Direct showed that next year has no games!
-February Direct: Here's a whole bunch of games coming out this year
-Damn it, there are too many games this year
-Repeat till the end of time

Ah, the cycle repeats itself

-February Direct: Here's a whole bunch of games coming out this year
-Damn it, there are too many games this year
-Repeat till the end of time
So let it be written, so let it be done

But seriously, Nintendo needs to have something big penciled in for Holiday 2023. If not they would just move Zelda to that date instead of releasing it in May (which is normally a lighter month for Nintendo).

Eh, I don't know. The reasoning behind his apprehensions doesn't really seem to be incredibly substantial to me to be honest. I won't judge as I'm not familiarized with the behind-the-scenes events obviously, but isn't retail typically one of the latest to receive important information about an imminent release? Other explanations like the event presence.. I mean sure, but it's also November '22.

See belly look what you've done

Being serious though, I do definitely get the comparison, but I think "just keep at it, it's worth it" is much more frustrating advice for a game like Dark Souls. You always have the option to look up hints (or even full solutions) for a puzzle game in a way you can't really for action/adventure games or RPGs.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

In order for there to be a "fair" comparison, you have to equate "looking up answers" to a similar "get out of jail free card" option for Dark Souls, of which there are none.

But for someone who fundamentally is against looking up answers, the difficulty may as well be that of Dark Souls' - just more of a mental difficulty than a reaction-time difficulty.
If looking up the answers ruins the game for someone, I'd presume "just keep at it, it's worth it" would be equally frustrating for either game.

But seriously, Nintendo needs to have something big penciled in for Holiday 2023. If not they would just move Zelda to that date instead of releasing it in May (which is normally a lighter month for Nintendo).

The next 3D Mario game would fit perfectly in Holiday 2023, and mirror 2017 to boot given Zelda's release earlier in the year

Had a very bad migraine yesterday and my posting was limited

Making great progress with my PT. Did much better with an exercise today I struggled the first day.

My hand didn't tire out as fast either. It's getting a lot better.

They said I could attempt more intense games as long as I use my methods

I'm also gonna get some grips for my deck and switch

Hand is getting good better

I'm looking for volunteers to try out the new Famiboards Shop.

If you're interested, please let me know, and I'll give you access to the following:

• purchase items with Famicoins
  • deposit and withdraw from your Famicoins bank
  • trade items or Famicoins with other testers

Nintendo having a light 2023 sounds disastrous when I already wasn't a huge fan of much that they put out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom