• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
(new page who dis)
I'm looking for volunteers to try out the new Famiboards Shop.

If you're interested, please let me know, and I'll give you access to the following:

• purchase items with Famicoins
  • deposit and withdraw from your Famicoins bank
  • trade items or Famicoins with other testers

My sweater is indeed comfy.

Fall still remains a cool season, espcially when you can wear comfy clothes again.

3a7.jpg

I just got this in:

I've always loved soundtracks and John Carpenter is one of my favourite composers. Just listening to his themes back to back on a slap of vinyl sounds so real good. It's like a weird time machine while the music sounds fresh at the same time. It's weird how he achieved that. It might be my personal preference for melancholy synths compared with pretty disturbing but engaging movies, but I think Carpenter really has something going for him. Always wondered if he already heard this music in his head when he shot his movies.

With the OLED model Nintendo has fixed the most annoying flaws of the original design for me (Display and kickstand).
More power and more so bandwidth could help (Yoshi’s crafted world, Links Awakening), but I hope they will not release something like the steamdeck which gets hot and drains in 1-2 hours. Graphics have feministisch returns anyway. For me, RE4 on the GameCube with my shabby CRT was a more atmospheric experience then any HD game afterwards.

I wouldn't really panic about 2023 based on what one or two unnamed people may have heard. I also wouldn't go ahead and say that 2023 is going to be amazing, but there are a few things that I'd point out:

• Nintendo seemingly sit on games because their release slate is liable to change. This year has been particularly fun for that - Xenoblade 3 brought forward by 2 months; Fire Emblem turning up months after it was first rumoured; a finished Advance Wars remake vanishing from the release slate; Retro Studios finishing a project in September 2021 but the highly rumoured Prime HD not surfacing; a sequel to 1-2 Switch either completely canned or facing a lengthy delay; Pikmin 4 officially emerging seven years after it was first mentioned. This shows us how unpredictable the final software release schedule will be for Nintendo. Whatever's on the table now isn't set in stone.
  • The release calendar right now is a little odd. A new instalment in a notable franchise in January; a remaster in February; the long awaited sequel to Switch's most iconic game in May. March, which has always had an exclusive Switch game, is empty, and after May, Pikmin 4 is the only game on the calendar (not too unusual this far out). May for Zelda is an odd choice especially. Is this the earliest Nintendo could launch the game? Or is this due to other factors - like new hardware, or launch timing for other games? If the rest of the year is weak, why fire off their biggest shot in May, and why have a new Fire Emblem in January?
  • If there is new hardware, expect the calendar to fill up accordingly. 2017, 2019, and (quantity wise in this last example) 2021 all saw Nintendo move aggressively on software. Latest hardware chat on this forum indicates the first half of 2023 remains a plausible launch window for new hardware. 2021 shows us that Nintendo can and will pile up on re-releases and spin-offs if new games are thin on the ground (Nintendo released more software last year than this year), so it might not be the fabled 2017-2 even if new hardware comes along.
  • multiple teams are probably about due; EPD 8, 9, and 10 (though the latter could be on Pikmin 4?) might have games. Good-Feel and NdCube could also be due to ship their next games. Intelligent Systems, HAL/Vanpool and EPD 3 are already in play next year.
  • 2023 is already swimming in DLC: Mario Kart, Splatoon 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, and probably a Pokemon expansion.

It's also probable we don't wait too long to find out more for 2023. I know seasonal depression is all the rage in the northern hemisphere (I have it! Woop woop!), but let's keep the vibes if not WILDLY POSITIVE (let's not do that, too much energy required), at least open minded and calm and festive.

I miss those times when we had Insider giving us vague hints. Do you remember the list from E with the releases for the following year and all the fun we had to make the vague hints into game lists…

But for someone who fundamentally is against looking up answers, the difficulty may as well be that of Dark Souls' - just more of a mental difficulty than a reaction-time difficulty.
If looking up the answers ruins the game for someone, I'd presume "just keep at it, it's worth it" would be equally frustrating for either game.
Yeah, I totally get that. What I was trying to convey to Raccoon - unsuccessfully, by the looks of it - is that I am someone for whom looking up the answer would absolutely ruin the game normally, but I didn't feel that way for Baba Is You (especially using that hint website I linked, which does a really excellent job of giving gentle nudges without outright spoiling solutions).

Every world/section of levels/whatever you wanna call it, uses a totally different main mechanic. Seeing or figuring out the solution to one puzzle in one section will not help you at all in the next section. Also, some of the later mechanics are so mind-boggling clever that it would honestly be a travesty for someone to play, and thoroughly enjoy, the game, but then never get to see those mechanics

Yeah, I totally get that. What I was trying to convey to Raccoon - unsuccessfully, by the looks of it - is that I am someone for whom looking up the answer would absolutely ruin the game normally, but I didn't feel that way for Baba Is You (especially using that hint website I linked, which does a really excellent job of giving gentle nudges without outright spoiling solutions).
Oh, yeah, that makes sense. I guess anybody can have exceptions to anything!
Also, thanks for linking that site - I bookmarked it for whenever I jump into the game next.

Every world/section of levels/whatever you wanna call it, uses a totally different main mechanic. Seeing or figuring out the solution to one puzzle in one section will not help you at all in the next section. Also, some of the later mechanics are so mind-boggling clever that it would honestly be a travesty for someone to play, and thoroughly enjoy, the game, but then never get to see those mechanics
I'm getting real pumped to play this again now lol

Playing through Xenoblade 2 right now, and I think one of my biggest pet peeves in games that this one is making me realize are mid-battle cutscenes. Like you’ve beaten a boss to a certain health percentage than the game kicks you out to watch a 5 min cutscene of the characters fighting, then puts you back, sometimes with the boss at full health again if it’s a new “phase”. It just completely breaks the flow of the battle especially with a game like XC2 where setting up attack chains with various meters is the biggest part of it.

Does XC3 also do this crap?

2023 I sort of suspect will lean harder on Old Stuff than 2022 simply because 2022 ended up absent of Old Stuff. We've got Kirby's Return to Dreamland in February to commence the Return of Old Stuff; Advance Wars sitting finished in a box somewhere with Miyamoto guarding it and hissing at anyone who gets too close; Metroid Prime HD rumours went into overdrive and I'm inclined to believe it's real, and was finished in September 2021 as suggested.

It's also very doable for Nintendo to lift out other Old Stuff with more GC/Wii era remasters; and they could also lift Old Stuff from more obscure quarters. Still waiting on the Grezzo developed remake Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru.

Fun Fami-fact, the four colors you can purchase in the shop are the same four colors given to the icons on each post

1668718623645.png

Which are the Super Famicom face button colors!

2023 is

• one third new games (Fire Emblem Engage, Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, Super Mario Universe, Animal Crossing: Festival Party)
  • one third DLC (Splatoon 3 support and expansion; Pokemon expansions; Zelda DLC; Sparks of Hope DLC; Xenoblade Chronicles 3 expansion; Switch Sports water polo mode)
  • one third Old Stuff (Kirby's Return to Dreamland; Metroid Prime HD; Advance Wars 1&2 HD; F-Zero GX HD; Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru: Definitive Edition)

I'd actually be okay if 2023 ended up being a "barren" year because if yall thought I was whining a lot about my backlog then hoooooo boy wait'll ya hear about my eShop wishlist

If you're interested, please let me know, and I'll give you access to the following:

All I have ever wanted to do with my life is volunteer for something that you were in charge of. You will be making all of my dreams and more come true.

The Glass Onion looks to be getting good reviews. Not gonna see it in theaters but it will make for a nice Christmas Eve at home watch.

(new page who dis)

YOOO THIS SOUNDS SO COOL!!!
I'd love to join in if theres still space!!

All I have ever wanted to do with my life is volunteer for something that you were in charge of. You will be making all of my dreams and more come true.
You've already volunteered to such a thing by signing up on this ridiculous website, but I'll add you to the beta testers regardless.

What exactly do you mean by late game for Baba Is You?

I bought it somewhat recently, played up to World 7 (a few levels into that one currently) and I'm wondering if that's already considered late game. Some levels have had some pretty wild solutions.

I've managed to beat every puzzle without hints so far. It's a tough game but for people that are getting stuck I guess the best advice I can give is that, at worst, each level is basically a "try everything until something works" since they usually do a good job of limiting the amount of stuff you can move. Dunno what particular level Raccoon got stuck at though, but I'll echo hologram's comment about playing the game being absolutely worth it.

(new page who dis)

I'd like to volunteer!

Beat the last boss in Death's Door yesterday. It's a really good game but I have this really weird feeling about it not being "special" for some reason. It bothers me that I had a ton of fun playing the game but always had a small negative feeling itching on my mind.

Anyway, I need to check the postgame content now, seems there's some cool stuff in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom