• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A short horror game called "don't turn around" where you need to go through a surreal maze without turning your character around, despite the ever increasing noises behind you and bizarre sights in your peripheral vision. If you turn around you're greeted with a scary face and instantly killed.

Might be better as a VR game actually.

I dont need VR horror games, i had and will have 1st person horror in real life for at least 2 more weeks everytime i look into a mirror.

... Cause i lost my beard to a trimming accident on saturday.

I look like a too big 13 year old and the looks my kids gave me when they saw me clean shaved were devastating. ;_;

I dont need VR horror games, i had and will have 1st person horror in real life for at least 2 more weeks everytime i look into a mirror.

I look like a too big 13 year old and the looks my kids gave me when they saw me clean shaved were devastating. ;_;
Silent Hill: The Vanishing Beard

Forgot to mention in my status update yesterday that I also saw The Banshees of Inisherin and Tar. Banshees is one of my favorites of the year - brilliant writing, acting, score, and cinematography. Truly surprising, and equal parts hilarious and poignant. Tar was really emotionally detached and clinical, so you didn't emotionally resonate with much of the story, but it was masterfully made, extremely precise in its writing, direction, and shot composition, and has one of the best performances of the year from Cate Blanchett. Worth watching, but man, between Wakanda Forever and Tar, we need to abolish 2h40 movies that could've been 2 hours.
Can confirm, Banshees of Inisherin is great. Haven't seen Tar (or Wakanda Forever) yet

A short horror game called "don't turn around" where you need to go through a surreal maze without turning your character around, despite the ever increasing noises behind you and bizarre sights in your peripheral vision. If you turn around you're greeted with a scary face and instantly killed.

game should stop being playable once you've turned around

Would it be scored by the song of the same name?

Looks like a loooot of UK retailers are about to or already do break street date for Pokemon ScarVio.

... Come on Amazon.de. Do something.

Is it wrong if it sounds freaking hilarious

Those, sadly, are the most wrong ones very often. ;_;

About 17 hours. I finished the main story quest in Vanaheim and started some side quests last night. I’m playing on Balanced and it feels just about right. If I get too sloppy I’ll get wrecked pretty quickly, but it’s not frustrating or anything.
Wow, we might be in the exact same spot. I just finish Vanaheim and got the two side quests in that Realm. The
Nidhogg
fight kicked my ass for a bit and I had the hardest time with this Hateful.

Side note - it sounds like you're enjoying it. I am as well. The only gripe I have with it - and it became apparent in this Realm - the side dialogue (i.e. the chatter between characters as you progress and isn't part of a cutscene) kind of conflicts with the conversations in cutscenes. Have you noticed that? I found
Freya to be understandably harsh in the cutscenes with her words but as you continue through the Realm, her tone is different. I understand it is suppose to convey that she's accepting Kratos' actions through time but I found the conflicting tones to be too immediate, so it felt a little unearned to me.
Hopefully I am making sense, haha. Then again, could be just something that I noticed :p.

Last edited:
Wow, we might be in the exact same spot. I just finish Vanaheim and got the two side quests in that Realm. The
Nidhogg
kicked my ass for a bit and I had the hardest time with this Hateful.
I was so sad we had to fight and kill that creature. It wasn't doing anything wrong. It was a tough fight though!

The ST for Ragnarok is sadly super dead :( we need as many people to come chat about the game as possible! https://famiboards.com/threads/god-of-war-ragnarök-st-god-týr-tag-all-spoilers.4475/

Whenever I hear and/or read "Fire Emblem Engage" all I can think about is the Nokia nGage and how cool I thought it was when I was a kid.

EDIT: After watching the trailer, I like that it looks a lot better than the previous FE but I still don't know if it's for me. I got burnt out from the series ages ago.

finding-nemo-today.gif

idk I just feel like something is getting announced today like MK8D wave 3 release date

Yeah the NSO app is an absolute joke, it says that sometimes even when I have no games open. The app is slow I cant be bothered picking up the new weekly avatar pieces anymore. The whole thing about the Switch OS is that it's supposed to be snappy and fast.

E-Shop and NSO are so slow it's just outright bad.
Agreed, though I think the worst part is that the slowdowns occur server side if I'm not mistaken. Not even new hardware would fix the problems those applets encounter for being so uselessly inoperable

Oh nooo 😢 Big ol' F

I apologize in advance for the man I’m about to become (guy who uses "pronto" excessively)
Getting into your pronto era pronto

Trying to get inspiration/help designing the portraits of my main antagonists by using AI text prompts and it's uhhhh not going well.

Have you tried using the AI on GOP policitians as a base? That should work.
Nah these are antagonists, not actually villains.

One of the things I'm actually genuinely trying to do is make a story where there are no true villains, just a bunch of people trying their best to figure out the right thing to do.

Nah these are antagonists, not actually villains.

One of the things I'm actually genuinely trying to do is make a story where there are no true villains, just a bunch of people trying their best to figure out the right thing to do.

In that case, i could direct you over to Fire Emblem games. There's often enemies who aren't really villains, but actually "okay" people who're well aware that they're working for the evil ones and know that it's wrong. Bound by duty and so on.

There would be Fates Xander, Thracia's Reinhardt, and FE 1 / Echoes Camus / Zeke / Sirius (the same char, but in different games and different story parts).
For example.

No Dr. Pepper?
Admittedly my feelings on Dr. Pepper are skewed because my family has a weird thing for Diet Dr. Pepper and it's about all I've ever known in my life (which, I know to be crap because all I can taste is the aspartame)

Forgot to mention in my status update yesterday that I also saw The Banshees of Inisherin and Tar. Banshees is one of my favorites of the year - brilliant writing, acting, score, and cinematography. Truly surprising, and equal parts hilarious and poignant. Tar was really emotionally detached and clinical, so you didn't emotionally resonate with much of the story, but it was masterfully made, extremely precise in its writing, direction, and shot composition, and has one of the best performances of the year from Cate Blanchett. Worth watching, but man, between Wakanda Forever and Tar, we need to abolish 2h40 movies that could've been 2 hours.
I saw The Banshees of Inisherin last week and really enjoyed it. I wanted to see Tar but it's no longer playing in theaters near me. In fact, one of the theaters near me is only showing four movies right now because Wakanda Forever is taking up most of the screens. Tar got like two weeks before the new Marvel movie ran it out of cinemas.

In that case, i could direct you over to Fire Emblem games. There's often enemies who aren't really villains, but actually "okay" people who're well aware that they're working for the evil ones and know that it's wrong. Bound by duty and so on.

There would be Fates Xander, Thracia's Reinhardt, and FE 1 / Echoes Camus / Zeke / Sirius (the same char, but in different games and different story parts).
For example.
I have no idea how to design shit, I was trying to make a doctor but wound up making a weird Bayonetta from the land of Oz or something.

Gonna just use bland and generic freeware portraits unless/until I can hire/fund actual artists.

I hate how many games I'd have loved to play on Steam Deck launched barely work on the thing if at all. Soul Hackers 2, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Elysium, NMH3, etc.

Wait Famicoins? I knew Famigold but thought it was not very serious lol.

Edit: cool I see now, like some sort of exp. system, that's awesome!

Somerville seems pretty intriguing but I don't think it's for me. I played it for a bit and it felt... not janky but rather opaque about which parts of the game world are interactive. Less than 15 minutes in I got already stuck with no indication as to what to do next.

Never had lemon Pepsi, but lime coke was amazing when that was around.
Funny enough I never had Lime Coke, but I feel I'd probably enjoy it a great deal too 😋

My white whale is a 7up variant I had in New York City during the summer of 2016 at Coney Island, I swear it was some fruit punch flavour that came in a clear glass bottle with a red label, but I can't find it anywhere. It's definitely not cherry 7up, nor was it the 7up Tropical with Pineapple/Mango. I swear it existed though, and that elusive fizzy flavour will always be a phantom on my tastebuds tropical Sprite flavoured soda because ya boy is a dumbass.

sptr.jpg

Pineapple and strawberry, but damn it was good

Did anyone else wake up with this song stuck in their head?

Well, it's stuck in my head now 🙃

I woke up, but at what cost
Famiboards going woke, gonna go broke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom