• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does nobody talk about Crosscode
...have you met @NabiscoFelt ?

And we do! It's great! But it doesn't seem to have quite the Indie darling following that a lot of great Indies do, which is a shame. I think that's due to a number of factors, mostly regarding who it really 'clicks' with, but it's one of those games that if it DOES really click with you then it's going to be amazing.
Yeah look this is like my one gimmick, it's not my fault y'all don't listen. CrossCode is in my top 3 favorite games of all time and to me it's honestly a masterpiece on almost every level. Definitely deserves to be talked about way more than it currently is, it's like the definition of a hidden gem

Oh and for any CrossCode fans who have a PC handy, Crystal Project does a lot in scratching that excellent 2D level design itch in a similar way. I don't think it's as strong on all levels, and I've honestly kinda gotten tired of it earlier than expected, but it's well worth a try if you like the idea of a pretty good job based turn based RPG crossed with stellar open world/platforming level design and a fair amount of Metroidvania elements

Also if you haven't played CrossCode do that

So for the holiday season, I'm thinking of marathoning a bunch of anime movies. Anyone got recommendations?

Have already seen:
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell 2 Innocence
Your Name
Weathering With You
The Girl Who Left Through Time
All the Ghibli stuff
Metropolis

Currently own but haven't watch yet:
Tokyo Godfathers
Paprika

On my watch list:
Perfect Blue
Cowboy Bebop movie

Well the package ended up arriving today so here’s my full Bday present to myself

IMG_6125.jpg

Also time for some lunch and some anime. Not sure what of my lineup today I’m watching today, it’s a tie between Bocchi, Lies and Last boss

So for the holiday season, I'm thinking of marathoning a bunch of anime movies. Anyone got recommendations?

Have already seen:
Ghost in the Shell

If you liked GitS, watch Patlabor 1 & 2. 2 is basically Production I.G / Oshii’s dry run for GitS in a number of stylistic ways. You can skip the 3rd movie if you want. It’s fine but the SV2 crew only show up in the last 5 minutes, the rest of the movie is basically an investigation into a kaiju that shows up randomly. I found it more enjoyable than I was expecting but it’s not really a Patlabor movie.

Also don’t worry about continuity with the TV series. The first film does a good job explaining who everyone is and their role on the team.

Last edited:
My dog just snatched a block of cheese I was cutting up for macaroni and cheese right off the kitchen counter when I stepped away for a minute to keep an eye on the toddler 😓

My dog just snatched a block of cheese I was cutting up for macaroni and cheese right off the kitchen counter when I stepped away for a minute to keep an eye on the toddler 😓
We have learned this past night that macaroni and cheese actually needs powdered cheese according to Canadians. Your dog is just doing you a favor from making it the incorrect way and offending many members of this forum that live off of Kraft Dinner.

We have learned this past night that macaroni and cheese actually needs powdered cheese according to Canadians. Your dog is just doing you a favor from making it the incorrect way and offending many members of this forum that live off of Kraft Dinner.
Listen I’m not opposed to Kraft macaroni and cheese in any way. I grew up on that stuff. I still eat it occasionally, and it’s still good. But my wife didn’t grow up on it, and she’s got some strong opinions about cheese. She won’t eat Kraft singles, or velveeta, or Kraft Mac and cheese. She grew up on homemade Mac and cheeee. So that’s what we eat now. Which I won’t complain about because it’s delicious.

It didn't really click with me. I tried for like 4-5 hours and it never really felt fun or engaging, just kinda like busy work.
Same here unfortunately. It's a game I feel like I could love if I really invested the time into it, but it didn't really grip me.

My Youtube subscriptions almost entirely consist of videogame stuff and people eating food in foreign countries. I'm a simple man. There are like two channels about history and science stuff and one movie commentary channel.

Have already seen:
Ghost in the Shell
Your Name
Weathering With You
All the Ghibli stuff
Metropolis

Tokyo Godfathers
Paprika

On my watch list:
Perfect Blue
Cowboy Bebop movie
I don’t see Akira on that list. Unfortunately some of my favorite anime movies aren’t exactly standalone, like Farewell, Space Battleship Yamato and the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. There’s some great Lupin III and Detective Conan movies as well.

Also all the Evangelion movies.

Have already seen:
Ghost in the Shell
Your Name
Weathering With You
All the Ghibli stuff
Metropolis

Tokyo Godfathers
Paprika

On my watch list:
Perfect Blue
Cowboy Bebop movie
Watch every Satoshi Kon movie for sure

Also Mind Game

Randomly wondering if we might see Silksong at TGA this year. It should be about time, right? It would be a good venue for it to get a release date, right? This definitely isn't just me trying to convince myself there's a chance. Right?

Why am I doing this to myself?

Randomly wondering if we might see Silksong at TGA this year. It should be about time, right? It would be a good venue for it to get a release date, right? This definitely isn't just me trying to convince myself there's a chance. Right?

Why am I doing this to myself?
I can see it. A release date announcement makes sense, and TGA would be a good place to do it. We haven’t heard about Silksong since Microsoft’s big showcase earlier this year, so I could definitely see a new trailer and a release date at the show.

Have already seen:
Ghost in the Shell
Your Name
Weathering With You
All the Ghibli stuff
Metropolis

Tokyo Godfathers
Paprika

On my watch list:
Perfect Blue
Cowboy Bebop movie
How about Arcadia of my Youth(anime movie version of Captain Harlock origins)

Well got the main 2 physical BF buys I wanted… not really BF sales but I got Live a Live and Kirby forgotten land used from GameFly for just under $80. They were finally both back in stock so I bit.
Now I I just have my digital switch list(that I’ll just have to be patient on), that Blu-ray player, the Displate sale(got what I want lined up already) and the Right stuf anime sale(got a list there too!

Only other random thing is one of the us distributors doing a kit sale but odds of that are low

Console generations as an adult:
"What the fuck, it's been 6 years already? It feels like I just bought the damn thing. I have to buy new shit again?
Preach.

I am here to report that Barley Rae Jepsen is amazing. There is also a CRJ peloton ride available. So it will be Canadian pop all weekend.

C18-CFA83-1267-4-A8-F-BBD8-706-CF5-DCD431.jpg

I thought for a moment that Barley Rae Jepsen was the clever name of the beer you were drinking 😅 and that your "Canadian pop" was an even cleverer double entendre. 😂

CRJ is a pop goddess, though. Emotion is a masterpiece. New album great too. Enjoy your drink.

I wonder what other TV shows and movies and animation are on the same level of quality as Andor.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Really depends on what you’re looking for. As far as space opera animation goes, I really like Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers,) along with its remake, Star Blazers 2199, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes has a lot of the space politics stuff that Andor has.

I read that first part as "I'm asking god for war" and it really freaked me out.

I need sleep.
Lol. Just had to pass on God of war because of my defunct ps5 controller. I need a new one and I’m not getting g both the controller and the game at the same time so I’m buying the controller myself

I am both annoyed at the idea Nintendo may do a whole new type of console for next gen, but also excited at what they may come up with. Switch 2 is such the obvious play that they must have a damn good idea if they plan on skipping that for something else.

I wonder what other TV shows and movies and animation are on the same level of quality as Andor.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Rings of Power is probably the highest-quality TV show I’ve ever seen. It’s also an absolutely incredible show on just about every single level. I adored it from start to finish.

It’s not required, but it’s good to have read the Silmarillion before watching the show.

Did anyone here watch Rings of Power without having read the Silmarillion? I’d be curious to hear your impressions of the show.

Rings of Power is probably the highest-quality TV show I’ve ever seen. It’s also an absolutely incredible show on just about every single level. I adored it from start to finish.

It’s not required, but it’s good to have read the Silmarillion before watching the show.

Did anyone here watch Rings of Power without having read the Silmarillion? I’d be curious to hear your impressions of the show.
I’ll probably watch it without reading the Silmarillion. I tried to read it when I was 9 because I was a dumb kid and didn’t retain any of it.

Really depends on what you’re looking for. As far as space opera animation goes, I really like Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers,) along with its remake, Star Blazers 2199, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes has a lot of the space politics stuff that Andor has.
Pog.

Anyone else?

Ah, I might check that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom