• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else?
Haven’t seen Andor, but as far as space opera go, aside from what MSnap already mentioned, I can also vouch for Gundam (perhaps start with the Iron Blooded Orphans subseries), Crest of the Stars, Space Runaway Ideon, Infinite Ryvius, Starship Operators, Towards the Terra and Heroic Age.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is considered the space opera anime, though. And there’s a pretty good remake ongoing.

Haven’t seen Andor, but as far as space opera go, aside from what MSnap already mentioned, I can also vouch for Gundam (perhaps start with the Iron Blooded Orphans subseries), Crest of the Stars, Space Runaway Ideon, Infinite Ryvius, Starship Operators, Towards the Terra and Heroic Age.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is considered the space opera anime, though. And there’s a pretty good remake ongoing.
Ongoing? Sounds even better.

Finally had a chance to dive into It Takes Two!

So far, the game itself is really well designed, and the port (by Turn Me Up, who handled the Switch ports of the Tony Hawk 1 & 2 remakes and the Borderlands collection) is excellent.
Image quality is crisper than you'd typically expect from a PS4/XBO port to the Switch, and while there are trimmings to things like textures, it's one of those ones that still looks close enough to the source material that it doesn't feel compromised. Think Nier Automata or Zombie Army 4.

Gotta say, it caught me off guard a bit in that while it has the exterior of a Pixare-esque child friendly adventure, there are some jarringly non-for-kids moments that took me aback. It's not a problem for me as I'm playing it with my partner, but let's just say if you were planning to play with a son or daughter, be aware it's not as innocent as it looks.

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to dive into It Takes Two!

So far, the game itself is really well designed, and the port (by Turn Me Up, who handled the Switch ports of the Tony Hawk 1 & 2 remakes and the Borderlands collection) is excellent.
Image quality is crisper than one might expect from a PS4/XBO port to the Switch, and while there are trimmings to things like textures, it's one of those ones that still looks close enough to the source material that it doesn't feel fundamentally compromised. Think Nier Automata or Zombie Army 4.

Gotta say, it caught me off guard a bit in that while it has the exterior of a Pixare-esque child friendly adventure, there are some jarringly non-for-kids moments that took me aback. It's not a problem for me as I'm playing it with my partner, but let's just say if you were planning to play with a son or daughter, be aware it's not as innocent as it looks.
But I thought it was the Best Family Game! The Game Awards 2021 told me so!!

At the risk of sounding like a massive Nintendo fanboy since that award is just the "let's lump the Nintendo or otherwise kiddy-looking games" award, I still do not understand how It Takes Two, a game that's not a kid's game or family friendly title, get nominated or win "best family game." What does "appropriate for family play" even mean? I could understand if it was, like, a co-op or multiplayer thing, but it clearly isn't because New Pokemon Snap was nominated in 2021 as well. Really stupid award, but I never though The Game Awards were an especially good award show. Or an especially good anything, honestly.

me trying to play splatoon during the splatfest (I'm team water)

me trying to play Spiritfarer while everyone else is playing in the splatfest

l8fVD9L.jpg

I hope the GPD Win 4 ends up being as good as it looks. I'm sure the price tag will be astronomical but I'd love a smaller handheld PC. The Steam Deck is just a chonky boi.

Yall I can't believe Sega opened up a job for Associate Sonic Lore Manager and I don't qualify because they want someone with corporate project management experience 😒

One of the most ridiculous pieces of commentary I heard from conservative media about why Republicans massively underperformed in the elections is because they say no one hates Biden enough. They say they may not like him but people don't hate him enough to motivate the conservative base unlike their hatred for Obama and Hilly Clinton (gee I wonder what specific qualities about those two really make Republicans angry).

Kraft Dinner Mac n Cheese hasn't been good since they fucked around with the powder cheese recipe to use less artificial ingredients. Newsflash, nothing about "powdered" cheese is natural. The only good boxed KD now is actually the white cheddar from President's Choice for 75¢ a box, but Galen Weston can go pleasure his rectum with a cactus. He's not quite Bezos level of evil but he's trying his hardest.

Also Raphael is best ninja turtle because his mask is red. There is literally nothing else to it.

Let the lonely man birthday commence I’m half joking. I have the dog and I’m enjoying a chill day with fun food and sweets. But no family nearby this year and no friends to really hang out with. Shrug, I’ve got a kit, anime and Xenoblade to work on.
Happy belated birthday!

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Might fuck around and pay 100 bucks for an album I already own 5 times
what if I told you the album is pretty much solely responsible for me even being into music?
Oh, now you've got me intrigued. Which album?

I am here to report that Barley Rae Jepsen is amazing. There is also a CRJ peloton ride available. So it will be Canadian pop all weekend.

C18-CFA83-1267-4-A8-F-BBD8-706-CF5-DCD431.jpg
That does look like a mighty fine beer! Where'd you end up buying it? Wonder if I can find it at my local LCBO

Found this post on Reddit. It’s quite similar to what I’m going through

Honestly, the device is simply too chunky for a true handheld. Half the scenarios I can comfortably use a Switch in, my Deck fails pretty miserably. It's this really weird middle ground between my Switch and my laptop, where it's obviously easier to handle than the latter, but worse than the former to such a degree that I'm continuously questioning its usefulness in these specific cases.
I still remember people moaning about the Switch's size in contrast with handhelds prior, but look where we are at now with the Deck. The display size is nice, but man, I'd do a lot for a handheld PC with a form factor more similar to the Swoled. The Aya Neos seem pretty much perfect to me, but €€€.

Is this a rumour or literally just your personal idea?
Recently there was an excerpt of Miyamoto talking about new hardware. Something along the lines of "we will try to craft new experiences for new hardware" which people somehow spun into "no BC" and "next Nintendo console will have a new gimmick." And also a lot of people are worried that Switch 2 won't "just" be a more powerful Switch.

TL;DR It's just unsubstantiated forum talk.

Recently there was an excerpt of Miyamoto talking about new hardware. Something along the lines of "we will try to craft new experiences for new hardware" which people somehow spun into "no BC" and "next Nintendo console will have a new gimmick." And also a lot of people are worried that Switch 2 won't "just" be a more powerful Switch.

TL;DR It's just unsubstantiated forum talk.
Ah, I see. Yeah, seems to me that people probably read too much into it again.

For all Americans who celebrate, happy "Mitch McConnell can go fuck off into the sun for at least two more years" day (observed)
Five toss ups to win away from keeping the House if we keep the ones we are leaning to win.

Found this post on Reddit. It’s quite similar to what I’m going through

I've had that with every handheld ever and even my phone, I think it's pressure that is put on a nerve around your elbow. Lifting my arm and shaking it around usually makes it go away. Obviously not the solution for more serious hand problems, but I'm pretty sure that's what the person on Reddit is talking about.
Is it Revolver? Because I might do the same. Only difference I own it only 4 times: Cassette, 1991 CD, 2009 CD and vinyl.

Oh, now you've got me intrigued. Which album?

@jirou if we’re talking The Beatles then I take back what I said about buying the album being a bad idea
Nah, it's Appetite for Destruction

So what sales expectations are we looking for Pokémon Violet and Scarlett?

Is it getting that “Open World”
Boost that major series get first time they venture into the genre?

Something along the lines of "we will try to craft new experiences for new hardware" which people somehow spun into "no BC"

Jeez, mental gymnastics should be an Olympic sport. There are already plenty of pros out there.

Just learned that the game A Little to the Left originated from a GMTK Game Jam. That is super cool and I hope more of those entries follow suit. There is a cornucopia of brilliant gameplay concepts in those jams!

One of the most ridiculous pieces of commentary I heard from conservative media about why Republicans massively underperformed in the elections is because they say no one hates Biden enough. They say they may not like him but people don't hate him enough to motivate the conservative base unlike their hatred for Obama and Hilly Clinton (gee I wonder what specific qualities about those two really make Republicans angry).

I know what you mean. But I dislike Obama for his use of drone strikes on innocent civilians. And Hillary supported the war in Iraq amongst other things.

I'm punching through the final hours of Dragon Quest VII before Pokémon drops but the game just refuses to eeeeeend

I'm clocking 70h and there's definitely some endgame stuff going on but idk, could still go for quite a bit if it wants to. It's not the longest RPG ever as people say (not even close, Dragon Quest XI alone is much longer) but I think it is the longest 2D top down one. Without the grand feel of a major story arc that 3D cutscenes can offer, it does feel much longer than it is.

My Youtube subscriptions almost entirely consist of videogame stuff and people eating food in foreign countries. I'm a simple man. There are like two channels about history and science stuff and one movie commentary channel.

Mostly the same here, and I still have yet to encounter many of the infamous NintenTubers that people talk about here.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Knew this would happen, lol. Buy Nier Automata and TMNT cowabunga collection on switch as part of the 2 for 3 deal, and they both immediately drop in price $10. Now, I still made out ahead since I saved $40 on this, but it’s always what happens. Lots of new third party titles dropping $10-15 already. Imagine BF sales could be good for this years releases.

For all Americans who celebrate, happy "Mitch McConnell can go fuck off into the sun for at least two more years" day (observed)
Nah turtles are cold blooded, sending him into the sun will only energize him. Let's just airlift him to Antarctica so he can sleep forever.

Knew this would happen, lol. Buy Nier Automata and TMNT cowabunga collection on switch as part of the 2 for 3 deal, and they both immediately drop in price $10. Now, I still made out ahead since I saved $40 on this, but it’s always what happens. Lots of new third party titles dropping $10-15 already. Imagine BF sales could be good for this years releases.
If you want to absolve yourself of blame, I'll take it. I did the same thing and frankly not to fussed about it. Getting Cowabunga for free alongside Automata and P5 Royal was worth it.

Well did a fun Discotek order from the RSA sale. Daltanious, Hi-scool! SeHa girls, Street fight the animated series, street fighter 2 the animated movies, Megabeast Investigator Juspion, Darkstalkers the ova and Fatal Fury the movie. Figured if they were this weeks deal they’re unlikely to have a bigger sale the following week in the big thanksgiving one. But shrug if it’s just by a tad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom