• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet my entire fortune of famicoins on this:

I think Nintendos financial report made it clear that the earliest we could see a new switch reveal is late march.

Even if they dropped their forecast to 19M, sellthrough was still 100% - so channels are probably not as full as they usually are at this time and if they do intend to ship another 12.5M units this FY, they will still need to ship plenty in Q4.

I'm also a firm believer that Nintendo is going to release Switch 2, not Switch "Pro" and Nintendo usually tells us a bit more upfront than a few months about their next generation systems which is why I am thinking it's bound for November - March 23/24. But no later than.

Final prediction:
Launching with a brand new 3D Mario (With co-op) and Prime 4 in November. Also first Wave of TotK DLC.
Brand new Mario Kart in March.

Thanks for listening.

Kraft Dinner just sounds weird to me as a German
It's as if it was called Power Dinner, lol

Germanic languange unite

Same here in Sweden :>

I'd say Nintendo is still putting out "handheld" games but they ramped up the budget and scope of those titles to fit the $60 price tag. But other companies just stopped making those type of titles entirely. Sega, Capcom, Konami, all you use to thrive on consistent and regular handheld releases. I thought that type of mindset would transfer over to digital storefronts easily but instead of churning out consistent mid-budget titles, those teams were just moved to working on the big AAA releases. Heck, many of the handheld titles were outsourced and the publishers don't even do that.
For Capcom’s part, they’ve moved to wanting everything able to multiplat with PC, or rather, PC first then console formats second. Which is understandable when their biggest hits are Resident Evil and Monster Hunter, and so MH portable can’t just be a version coming out every year any more like it was on 3DS.

Megaman is something that I don’t get why it needs to be a huge thing though. Sure MM11 is the best-selling in the series, but I’d imagine it also took by far the longest to develop too, and it’s sales (1.6m) aren’t so wild for a 35-year-old, massively-recognisable IP of so many games that people struggle to count them all, especially when that’s as a multiplat release.

Wiki:
Capcom confirmed in September 30, 2022 that it had sold over 1.6 million copies becoming the best highest selling game in the Mega Man franchise.

Oh I made a Capcom post, obligatory ‘yay we might see Ghost Trick again’ celebration :)

Germanic languange unite

Same here in Sweden :>
high-five-slow-motion.gif

It's 2am and I don't even know for how long I was playing Spiritfarer anymore

Why is it so good

I bet my entire fortune of famicoins on this:

I think Nintendos financial report made it clear that the earliest we could see a new switch reveal is late march.

Even if they dropped their forecast to 19M, sellthrough was still 100% - so channels are probably not as full as they usually are at this time and if they do intend to ship another 12.5M units this FY, they will still need to ship plenty in Q4.

I'm also a firm believer that Nintendo is going to release Switch 2, not Switch "Pro" and Nintendo usually tells us a bit more upfront than a few months about their next generation systems which is why I am thinking it's bound for November - March 23/24. But no later than.

Final prediction:
Launching with a brand new 3D Mario (With co-op) and Prime 4 in November. Also first Wave of TotK DLC.
Brand new Mario Kart in March.

Thanks for listening.
Yeah sounds about right, also next year is going to be insane for game releases if this does happen

next year is gonna be insane when the localized version of Buddy Mission : Bond will be released exclusively for the Switch 2, Nintendo really know what a system-seller is

making people play tears of the kingdom on the old hardware six months before something new would just be cruel
Nah, there's precedence:

The Oracle released less then a month before the GBA in Japan, and after the GBA launched everywhere else 😂

making people play tears of the kingdom on the old hardware six months before something new would just be cruel
But think of the ‘engagement’ it would generate, a calm field of gentle discussions around performance of the new Zelda game, as far as the eye can see /s

Whenever they decide to drop new hardware, it will be interesting to see how much Nintendo's own devs will continue to prioritise development with base Switch in mind.

And how insufferable the "old Switch is holding back x game" will be as a result of that.

I love this timeline. The pleasure of playing through Tears of the Kingdom with a staggering 20 fps and stunning visuals rendered in full fat 480p (dynamic resolution, of course, dropping to 360p most of the time, with no upscaling a la FSR whatsoever), still enjoying the heck out of it, and then, one day after beating the final boss in the game, Nintendo release the new Super Duper Switch Plus (feat. Funky Kong from the Devil May Cry series -- yeah), where the game runs at a flawless 60 fps, rendering 1440p.
I get all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about this. Especially given the fact that I won't get my hands on the new hardware for another 12 months because it sells like hot cakes and scalpers are fucking asdqraegerg23twgegrege

Wait, what did I just write? Hm, weird.

if anybody else has been watching for it, the refurbished black OLED dock is back in stock on nintendo.com

they also seemingly found a box of wii nunchuks so I of course bought one

Worst case Tears runs at 720p 30 docked/handheld, BotW had a relatively unoptimized Switch port and it hit 900p. This is a native Switch version of that engine. The gameplay teasers looked fine. If I end up playing it on the original Switch I'll be annoyed because I know Drake exists, otherwise I think it'll perform well.

Do you have any idea if they only hire Americans? I've got experience in the area but am Aussie and something on their website said "Team of American writers"

Good question! They were recently acquired by Gamurs Group, which covers Australia and the US, so I would think it would be worth investigating.

Let the lonely man birthday commence I’m half joking. I have the dog and I’m enjoying a chill day with fun food and sweets. But no family nearby this year and no friends to really hang out with. Shrug, I’ve got a kit, anime and Xenoblade to work on.
Happy birthday! Enjoy your special day in a way that makes you happy. That's the important part.

Kids are sick again. Feels like a constant cold or virus happening in all the schools right now.
Children are nothing more than walking virus vessels designed to carry and distribute god’s chosen people: viruses and bacteria. Schools are like wildflowers waiting to be pollinated by the nation’s younglings, so that the illnesses can spread far and wide and bring about the glorious sickness revolution.

Let the lonely man birthday commence I’m half joking. I have the dog and I’m enjoying a chill day with fun food and sweets. But no family nearby this year and no friends to really hang out with. Shrug, I’ve got a kit, anime and Xenoblade to work on.
Yooo happy birthday.

I posted about this in another thread, but I need to share my pain. I had just spent the better half of an hour getting through the brutal last level of Splasher, and I succeeded! All I had to do was capture the boss and I would have 100%’d the game.

Lo and behold, the moment my little dude hops into the last room… “A software error has occurred.”

PAIN.

WZ and Pokemon launching this week. I might as well just book off the entire week at work since no work is going to get done by me

Scrolled through the eShop upcoming games section. And what do I come across? Well, none other than a literal Furry Hentai Puzzle game.
The Switch truly has hit peak performance, friends. I'm seriously looking forward to where we go from here, but honestly -- it'll be hard to top that one, that much is for certain. Well, maybe a Furry Hentai Action game with guns. Yeah, why not.

Is there anyone else here who likes using the Switch Online App for mario kart voicechat?

I posted about this in another thread, but I need to share my pain. I had just spent the better half of an hour getting through the brutal last level of Splasher, and I succeeded! All I had to do was capture the boss and I would have 100%’d the game.

Lo and behold, the moment my little dude hops into the last room… “A software error has occurred.”

PAIN.
God that sucks....

Reminds me of the night I finally beat Metroid Dread's final boss, on on the rush to the ship it crashed and I had to redo the final boss... two more times.... before I gave up and went to bed

Hey, happy birthday!

It’s my half birthday today so I’m half celebrating.

Old Switch is making Pikmin 4 possible in the first place
in all seriousness this is a conversation I've had with a friend off-site a lot. the runaway success of switch, especially in its evergreen software, has given nintendo a lot of opportunity to do what they want. zelda has no doubt been affected by covid, but they can finally spend as much time as they want on it. it's the same for 3d mario, which is presumably getting a lot of attention regardless of what specifically is going on behind the scenes. another example that came up was of course pikmin 4, which is almost certainly the result of having a ton of money and miyamoto having more clout within the company than ever before.

Decided to finally get a fits everything travel case for my switch and bit on this one. Still small enough to throw in an actual backpack for a long trip, but organized to fit everything neatly. And good on it’s own on small trips
IMG_6115.png

Happy birthday! Enjoy your special day in a way that makes you happy. That's the important part.

Yooo happy birthday.

Hey, happy birthday!

It’s my half birthday today so I’m half celebrating.
Thanks guys!

Console generations as a kid:
"It's been 4 long years. It's taken forever. I'm ready for new systems"

Console generations as an adult:
"What the fuck, it's been 6 years already? It feels like I just bought the damn thing. I have to buy new shit again?"

"It's been 4 long years. It's taken forever. I'm ready for new systems"

"What the fuck, it's been 6 years already? It feels like I just bought the damn thing. I have to buy new shit again?"
For me there's also a component of:

"Wow, these new consoles are such a huge leap forward, just think of the limitless new possibilities!"

"I don't even have a 4k TV, what difference would a new console make anyways"

For me there's also a component of:

"Wow, these new consoles are such a huge leap forward, just think of the limitless new possibilities!"

I’m much the same, in that the 16-bit consoles blew my mind as a kid, but everything since, when comparing late games from one system to launch games on another, not so much.

Reminds me of the night I finally beat Metroid Dread's final boss, on on the rush to the ship it crashed and I had to redo the final boss... two more times.... before I gave up and went to bed
Sympathy yeah. That is ROUGH.

I straight up don’t have a TV hahaha

Why is Violet ahead of Scarlet nooooooooooo
Maybe I’ll pick Scarlet. I like the futuristic theming more, but I’m more partial to the color red and I do like rooting for underdogs

Yo I'm only on the first real battle of Tactics Ogre: Reborn, and after fiddling around with the settings and poking around all the menus, I can safely say this game is SRPG bliss

I straight up don’t have a TV hahaha
If it wasn't for the folks I live with, I probably wouldn't either. I don't even watch traditional TV anymore, even though we've got the means to. It's just unattractive with all the ads, low res broadcasting, the way they patronise you in terms of TV program, etc.
If I dock the Switch (which is rare in and of itself), I use it on my 24" 1080p monitor. Same one I use for "docking" my laptop/Steam Deck. It's versatile enough, and I don't miss the "home cinema" experience others value so much at all. I'm more into this type of personal, more intimate, if you will, media consumption space. Easier to immerse myself into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom