• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't expect for the year-end bonus to be payed today, but here we are!

1S9cXW5.gif

Welp, I'm still trying to get back into video games.

What should I get now that I'm getting a Steam Deck?

Preferably something that doesn't have the 3-minute loading time of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

Before I get a Steam Deck:

Does the lowest-priced Steam Deck have the same specs as the more expensive ones?

What does it mean by "Faster storage" or "Fastest storage" on the other ones?

Thanks!

In which case I retract what I said about Yeah!s earlier, because my immediate distaste was for British Catsup.

I just...it's weird, can't do it. I can live with calling fries chips but...gives me the heebie jeebies otherwise to call ketchup by another name.

Also Quechu sounds adorable as hell, like Pikachu's Spanish lover

18d.gif
Quéchu

I really hope making this joke doesn't come of as rude but that is the whitest thing I've read all week
I just saw Jimmy Fallon gush over a pair of Avatar sneakers and I think that was pretty white

Does the lowest-priced Steam Deck have the same specs as the more expensive ones?

Thanks!
Answer me before I press the button!

o_O

I'm getting a Steam Deck.

Anything I should know before I make the purchase?
Make sure to check if a game is playable on Deck before buying it on deck. ProtonDB is a good source
Welp, I'm still trying to get back into video games.

What should I get now that I'm getting a Steam Deck?

Preferably something that doesn't have the 3-minute loading time of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
No clue, barely played anything on it myself honestly

Thanks!
Same specs, the more expensive ones have more storage and the storage is "faster" meaning I think load times off that storage are shorter? Honestly not too sure on that myself but that's what I gathered

Ayo I'm playing chibi robo zip lash for the first time and there's is this little dude and I accidentally killed him?? I was supposed to catch him but I pressed the wrong button and he shattered wtf chibi robo

Ayo I'm playing chibi robo zip lash for the first time and there's is this little dude and I accidentally killed him?? I was supposed to catch him but I pressed the wrong button and he shattered wtf chibi robo
if it's who I think it was congratulations, you just killed a child

Alright, if there is no difference except for extra storage (correct me if I'm wrong), I'm getting the cheapest Steam Deck.

TGA giving away Steam Decks cuz Nintendo won't let Geoff drop the TotK full reveal

Alright, if there is no difference except for extra storage (correct me if I'm wrong), I'm getting the cheapest Steam Deck.
The faster storage is because the more expensive models have use a SSD. Also the most expensive one has an anti-glare etched glass screen. I own the 256GB one because I basically got it from a friend, the storage is nice because of the size of PC games but obviously you can just get a micro sd.

I personally wouldn't call the upgrades of the more expensive models substantial, but I also have obv only played on mine. Would have opted for the cheapest one + a big micro sd myself, but having the 256 on board is nice

The faster storage is because the more expensive models have use a SSD. Also the most expensive one has an anti-glare etched glass screen. I own the 256GB one because I basically got it from a friend, the storage is nice because of the size of PC games but obviously you can just get a micro sd.

I personally wouldn't call the upgrades of the more expensive models substantial, but I also have obv only played on mine. Would have opted for the cheapest one + a big micro sd myself.
But you can upgrade these anyway, right?

Alright, I'll get the middle one then.

You can always upgrade these anyway, right?
From what I've heard you can upgrade the internal storage but it's not exactly easy

I went with the middle one myself but honestly SD card loading is still fairly fast in my experience, but idk what your preferences are

It's now December in most of the world. You know what that means.

A whole month of nothing before the inevitable January rumor explosion.
Well it better be January this time. Let's have our explosion this month. February is just too late to find out about what Nintendo has for March and April.

played level 1 of chibi robo, killed a baby, missed a snack, not sure why people hate it so much (except for maybe killing the franchise) and the music is kinda ass but also funny
well worth the 3€ I paid including amiibo

LTTP but ketchup is aggressively medium. I like fries plain more, and basically any other sauce is better. Garlic aioli, ranch, mayo, BBQ, honey mustard, malt vinegar, you name it. All superior.

Well it better be January this time. Let's have our explosion this month. February is just too late to find out about what Nintendo has for March and April.
Maybe Nintendo doesn't have anything in March/April except DLC and possibly a port? H1 2023 is going to be the Mario Movie and Tears of the Kingdom show.

LTTP but ketchup is aggressively medium. I like fries plain more, and basically any other sauce is better. Garlic aioli, ranch, mayo, BBQ, honey mustard, malt vinegar, you name it. All superior.
I know you didn't just hint at dipping your fries in mayo. I better not have just read that.

Maybe Nintendo doesn't have anything in March/April except DLC and possibly a port? H1 2023 is going to be the Mario Movie and Tears of the Kingdom show.
Kirby coming out just a month after FE and I think that suggests we're gonna have a pretty stacked year. Maybe with more smaller and low budget games but still stacked. There's definitely gonna be some stuff in March - April and I expect Nintendo to reveal at least one summer game in the next Direct.

Also, I doubt they'll treat the movie like a game release. They'd do that for a companion game but not the movie itself. And that's a great idea for the April release, another Mario vs DK game.

silly game, turned it off immediately. I also got inazuma eleven 3 and fossil fighters, those will treat me better
Never played it but I watched the Scott the Woz on it and I think you just scratched the tip of the bullshit iceberg.

Kirby coming out just a month after FE and I think that suggests we're gonna have a pretty stacked year. Maybe with more smaller and low budget games but still stacked. There's definitely gonna be some stuff in March - April and I expect Nintendo to reveal at least one summer game in the next Direct.

Also, I doubt they'll treat the movie like a game release. They'd do that for a companion game but not the movie itself. And that's a great idea for the April release, another Mario vs DK game.
There will definitely be summer games, but if there's anything in March or April I expect it to be a port, DLC, e-shop, or third party. Anything else would have an insanely short marketing cycle. I just don't think it's realistic. We would have heard about it by now.

should I buy the sonic hedgehodge

shbuynic heg
I hate to say "it depends"

But it depends

If you like the idea of just running around large areas really fucken fast, doing weird platforming challenges, watching melodrama play out with anthropomorphic characters, and can excuse some jank and polish issues to get you there, then yes.

If you already did like Sonic, and were getting tired of the boost formula games, and want to try something that's more of a fully-realized Sonic Adventure 1, then yes.

But if you aren't already much into Sonic or don't have a connection with the older games and you just wanna see what the fuss is about, or if you want a tight and polished experience over an experimental proof of concept... maybe look around to see if it's still deeply on sale somewhere (I got mine for $29usd on Amazon). Or maybe try secondhand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom