• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
After weeks of deliberation, I have ultimately decided not to get XB3 at launch, since I am overburdened with my backlog as is. Had forgotten how tough it is to juggle all the games you mean to get to when you actively play on more than one platform.

Risk, because they did not name it after the perilous tactical maneuvers you might pull, but after the friendships you put in jeopardy.
For some reason I never really got heated playing Risk. Maybe because we had to play it in sessions, we spread out the tension and loathing.

For some reason I never really got heated playing Risk. Maybe because we had to play it in sessions, we spread out the tension and loathing.
It always escalates into a backstabbing bonanza when I play it with my friends. We used to play it somewhat regularly, sometimes managed to get in two rounds in one evening. We don't really play as much as we used to, and it doesn't always get particularly heated, but we definitely did have occasions when things got very spicy.

Alliances and non-aggression pacts are forged to be broken, and even though we all know it, some of us still get butt-hurt over it.

Wrist still hasn’t been bothering me today so far so I snuck a couple of games of fortnite so I’m going to try and play Xenoblade some Friday but take it slowly and see how it goes

Hopefully it was a one day thing but I don’t want that to happen again

After weeks of deliberation, I have ultimately decided not to get XB3 at launch, since I am overburdened with my backlog as is. Had forgotten how tough it is to juggle all the games you mean to get to when you actively play on more than one platform.
I don't blame you. Heck, the only reason I am getting the game at launch is because Target had a 30% off deal so I was able to get it for ~$40. No way it will get that cheap through at least the rest of the year.

be reassured that its actually historically accurate to backstab and break your promises in risk
no-shaking.gif

Later tonight I'll have my latest (and maybe last?) demo build up. This one is a pretty massive update, with the procedural equipment system, a ton of UI and input improvements, bug fixes, 4 dungeons plus the starting town and arena, the entire world map, 4 quests, 90some enemies...

I still have a few more systems I need to set up but for the most part I think I'm really working just on content from here on out. Wonder if I'll release my game before MP4 comes out...

I don’t know why I’m so stupid, I’m thinking about getting the Splatoon 3 switch even though I already have an OLED
I know it’s dumb but I still want it

I must be getting old, I was working in a mountain town today and went to get coffee and lunch somewhere and the place was PACKED, mostly families, with a ton of kids everywhere. And my first thought was "man I can't wait for school to start in a couple weeks"

I must be getting old, I was working in a mountain town today and went to get coffee and lunch somewhere and the place was PACKED, mostly families, with a ton of kids everywhere. And my first thought was "man I can't wait for school to start in a couple weeks"
As a parent who works from home... I absolutely agree.

3D World multiplayer is like Mario Party, the point is to yell at your friends.

I've never enjoyed NSMB multiplayer though.
I agree, though there are a few stages where every time you jump the platforms flip upside down. I think that is literally impossible with friends.

But I'm still glad Nintendo/Monolith makes them! Having many genres covered on the switch is a good thing.
That’s what I’ve always liked about Nintendo first-party, they always hit a wide variety of genres, which is perfect for someone like me. Most of their games too are super polished or unique within their genre.

You could also get XB3 and not play it for months, like a proper gentleman would.

And my first thought was "man I can't wait for school to start in a couple weeks"
Meanwhile I’m dreading it because that would mean the roads are going to get even more congested.

Meanwhile I’m dreading it because that would mean the roads are going to get even more congested.
They actually tend to get less congested around here. Rush hour still sucks either way, but you get a lot less mountain traffic/vacation traffic once school is in session, so non-rush-hour traffic seems to be a bit better.

Ugh latest build which took like 4 hours to package has a very fatal bug revolving around stupid UI scaling in different windows, I hate that kinda thing.

I guess I'll wait until the fixed one builds, hopefully in the morning.

Finally started reading Saga a couple nights ago. Holy shit is it not wasting any time getting going.

you always hear the "its fun with friends" argument.......but the question is.....which games are actually worse with friends???
Donkey Kong Country Returns. You think NSMB is bad?

Final Fantasy was just an answer on Jeopardy.

What a time to be alive.
Did anyone answer it correctly?

Spent part of my evening doing the Imperial China chapter on Live Alive. This is a good, good game, and I'm really glad 2D-HD-HD-2D or whichever arrangement it is has become a thing. Probably fairly high up the list of reasons why I wouldn't want Sony to buy out Square Enix...

@Derachi looks like I’m going to be upgrading to plus extra (maybe premium if the classics start to roll out in higher numbers), assuming my play though if zero I got for $5 is good. This change in service mode actuslly seems pretty good for someone that skipped the last Gen. I can get basically every PS4 first party game, all the top 3rd parties, and even first year PS5 games for $90 a year.

Going to wrap up live a live tomorrow and I'm actually kind of bummed about that fact.

spoilers, dont click if you didnt beat all 7 lives

The Middle Ages part at the end was so cool and then the thing you can do after that was pretty hype. That's something I always wanted a game to do for me, so experiencing that was awesome. I didn't even do the true ending yet, but dang

Dua Lipa concert was fun, although as my friends mentioned the sound mix was ass and the guitar solos were muddied as a result.

Still, love me some live music. Just makes me want to take full advantage of every show I can in the meantime

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Current problem: I’ve got so much momentum going in Cyber sleuth I think I’m going to have to finish it before I move onto XBC3. Not that it’s too big a deal since I’m on chapter 16 and should be able to finish this week. Tho I may have to take a breather a couple days before starting a new jrpg. Don’t want to burn out. And I do have FEWTH to work on. Im not on stuff where I’d get easily spoiled so I’m probably fine… I hope.

On the plus side ups the chance of me going up to the family place to kick it off on the big tv

Someone pls make up a fake botw leak for me im dying for anything
it’s gonna be called Zelda 2 Peace Of Our People (POOP for short) and will finally introduce the feature we all have been demanding: a “bathroom” meter that fills as he eats/drinks

Just got invited to give a talk at an autism workshop in October, my first in-person gig since 2019.
It's gonna be hella scary being in a room with hundreds of people for the first time in nearly three years, but it'll be a big step for me in beating back my OCD if I can pull it off.

This is both true and also makes me feel like I have one foot in the grave…

That's probably true for PS3/PS4/360/XBone games and potentially Wii U as well since most of the best games got ported.

However, the Wii and DS are have been going up over time in value. We're already seeing it with somewhat modern games too like a good number of 3DS games and Switch games that are now out of print.

Just got invited to give a talk at an autism workshop in October, my first in-person gig since 2019.
It's gonna be hella scary being in a room with hundreds of people for the first time in nearly three years, but it'll be a big step for me in beating back my OCD if I can pull it off.
Best of luck! Could never get used to public speaking.

Someone pls make up a fake botw leak for me im dying for anything
The new title is Death of the Wild, referring to the Calamity corrupting the vast majority of the world. You can choose between Link and Zelda as playable characters, and coop is an option. There’s an in-game bonus for people with savedata from the original BotW. The release date has also been pushed back to 2024.

Got any rogue/rogue-likes, puzzle, or simulation games (ie. SimCity / The Sims)? I find those to be good "filler" games when between games,

I went with Firewatch - not too overly long, been wanting to play it for quite some time and could be a good palette cleanser in between linger XC3 sessions :>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom