• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
fairly shit day but found this beauty so all is good

FYo46yCUsAAnsgz
FYo46x4VEAEamTW

So my Live A Live copy is finally coming tomorrow. Also, my Xenoblade copy looks to be coming on Friday. Sorry Live, but I think I will tackle Xenoblade first.

The silly thing is that both games were ordered through Target.

Just saw that leaked Guardians of the Galaxy 3 trailer and I'm not ready for this movie to emotionally wreck me

I started watching The Grey Man on Netflix. I feel asleep during the first session. On the second session, I started watching Youtube videos while the movie was playing. If you take John Wick and strip out the fight choreography and subtle would building, then this is what you get. It's definitely a Russo Brothers movies with all jump cuts during the action.

Technically it's like, 2 days and half an hour
I was just counting days on my calendar (because of course it's on my calendar) but I guess you're right

...actually I forgot I did this:
WvF00Yy.webp

what will be famiboards 2022 goty? arceus, kirby or xenoblade?
Rune Factory 5 of course.

But I just bought a videogame

What do I do now
Buy another video game. Whittle those cash reserves down to the last penny as you fatten up the game pub overlords.

Popeye's is fine dining change my mind
Why change what isn’t wrong?

Just had my first Toblerone. That shit is delicious.
Shit now I want a Toblerone I haven’t had one in a while

Got an idea for a thread that I’m probably not equipped to make: favorite RPG mascot race.
Mine is definitely Nopon.
Pikachu counts, right? Pikachu.

Time to watch some Youtube. Got the ACG review for XB3 and the GMTK Game Jam 2022 lined up.

If Bandai Namco is brave enough to release Digimon Survive on the same day as Xenoblade Chronicles 3, then you’re brave enough to release that fart on the bus.

I’m actually looking forward to Digimon Survive, just waiting for impressions ofc

If Bandai Namco is brave enough to release Digimon Survive on the same day as Xenoblade Chronicles 3, then you’re brave enough to release that fart on the bus.

I’m actually looking forward to Digimon Survive, just waiting for impressions ofc
Bandai just wants the game to die, honestly, they're not even giving out review copies

I'm honestly fairly interested in the game, even if it was never going to take priority over XC3 for me. If it ends up being good I'll probably grab it on sale eventually

I won't blame them if they don't feel threatened by Xenoblade at all. I mean, it's Digimon, has a very loyal fanbase on handhelds. Very much doubt they care about Xeno at all.

And let's not forget that Xeno is still somewhat niche. A million plus seller niche but still niche. I'm always reminded this fact when some non-Nintendo people on era claim they don't know anything about it.

Bandai just wants the game to die, honestly, they're not even giving out review copies

I'm honestly fairly interested in the game, even if it was never going to take priority over XC3 for me. If it ends up being good I'll probably grab it on sale eventually
As long as the core Digimon fanbase shows up I doubt BN will be too disappointed with the sales. Xenoblade is hardly going to be a factor.

Missed the conversation yesterday, but if somebody ends up buying Square, it better not be fucking Sony. All their AA games, aka the only stuff Square puts out any more that interests me, would fall victim to the quest for blog busters, aka the only stuff Sony cares about nowadays.

Edit: Just noticed, lmao at "blog busters", lol.

Last edited:
People, tell me: am I the only weirdo who, after months of Switch Oled usage, actually finds himself preferring the standard Switch model? Battery life on the Oled very obviously is a huge improvement over my V1/day 1 Switch, no doubt about that. But something about the way the standard model Switch (be it V1 or V2) is build appeals to me.
I've never really warmed up to the Oled Switch for some reason, I feel weirdly indifferent about it to this day -- despite the larger, evidently more attractive display, the longer battery life and the overall more refined design.

People, tell me: am I the only weirdo who, after months of Switch Oled usage, actually finds himself preferring the standard Switch model? Battery life on the Oled very obviously is a huge improvement over my V1/day 1 Switch, no doubt about that. But something about the way the standard model Switch (be it V1 or V2) is build appeals to me.
I've never really warmed up to the Oled Switch for some reason, I feel weirdly indifferent about it to this day -- despite the larger, evidently more attractive display, the longer battery life and the overall more refined design.
Hmmm

You just sold me on getting a Switch OLED.

...But I getcha.

And to be honest, I'm not in that much of a hurry to get one.

I still have my Steam Deck coming and then there's that PS5 that I'm hoping to get.

But frankly, didn't I say that I was going to get an Xbox One Series X or what?

Honestly? I may just end up sticking with PS5.

Missed the conversation yesterday, but if somebody ends up buying Square, it better not be fucking Sony. All their AA games, aka the only stuff Square puts out any more that interests me, would fall victim to the quest for blog busters, aka the only stuff Sony cares about nowadays.

Yeah-ing for the "blog buster". Only partially agree about the concern that Sony will gut their AA-games but there will definitely be a shift in focus (if it happens, that is).

I signed my new lease today. My new apartment is smaller than the one I currently live in but (get this) it has two small balconies. Not one. Two. After spending the pandemic in an apartment with very little natural sunlight, I am thrilled.

Still, fuck landlords, and fuck this city and its messed up rent prices.

I'll say I do not regret replacing my launch Switch with an OLED one bit, but this reminds me of the love I have for the original DS despite Lite being clearly better in so many ways.

I love how delivery companies just expect you to arrange your entire day according to their whims. Hire more people and give them more time, you greedy bastards.

And to be honest, I'm not in that much of a hurry to get one.
An Oled Switch? Not sure I'd recommend people buying one at this point in time tbh. Other than if it's your first Switch altogether, I guess, and you're not into handheld only (aka, the Lite).
I'll say I do not regret replacing my launch Switch with an OLED one bit, but this reminds me of the love I have for the original DS despite Lite being clearly better in so many ways.
Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying that I regret buying the Oled Switch either. It's a good device in and of itself. But yeah, I've developed a rather ... appreciative view, if you will, of the OG Switch model.
Then again, I don't feel like I've gotten as much out of the Oled as I hoped I would. Which in turn isn't entirely the Oled model's fault either.

I'm very much on a DBZ mood, with the new movie coming out next month*. I'm going on holiday on Saturday, so I have to ask you, dear famifriends:

Is DBZ Kakarot any good? Is the port any good? I am very much NOT an RPG guy, so is the combat fun?

Thanks in advance, love you all

I actually played it back when it came out. This is my second, more thorough playthrough. My first one was maybe 85 hours or so, this one is currently at 115, not including the 25 hour playthrough of Torna I did between ch7 and 8. The game is pretty much just as good as I remember, maybe even a little better with the DLC included.

I hope you’re enjoying your time with it. I know it can be a little divisive but it’s easily one of my favorite RPGs.
Ah, that's awesome! So glad to hear that. Thank you, and I'm looking forward to enjoying it as much as you! (Been loving it so far!)

Got an idea for a thread that I’m probably not equipped to make: favorite RPG mascot race.
Mine is definitely Nopon.
Nopon, Moogles, and Slimes are some great RPG mascot races people mentioned! I always liked Chocobos, but I'd have to admit Googles are a lot more fun!

My hand is feeling fine today but I am still taking it easy on games for a bit
Glad to hear that! Hope it keeps feeling better!

Really like the image of the suits at Square figuring out how to bust blogs! :ROFLMAO: Just a sick obsession they have and won't drop!

Square Enix is definitely merging with PlayStation, just look at their marvelous job with the censorship on their Manga Up! platform

what-the-fuck-is-that-martin-freeman.gif

That black bar makes it look so wrong lmao, like the character goes around with her crotch exposed or something.

Bad news for Etrian Odyssey fans, that series is definitely not going to be on Atlus's priority list for a good while:

At what point does repeatedly updating a demo become "early access"?
The second you start charging people for the privilege of testing your game ;)

I signed my new lease today. My new apartment is smaller than the one I currently live in but (get this) it has two small balconies. Not one. Two. After spending the pandemic in an apartment with very little natural sunlight, I am thrilled.
As someone who went from one apartment with a big balcony, to an apartment without a balcony, and then to an apartment with a balcony again I'll say you made the right choice. I'm never doing balcony-less or patio-less ever again unless I have absolutely no other choice.

Arguments about video games (entertainment in general, really) are always so weird, but it is always interesting to see what is important in a piece of entertainment for each individual.
This thought came to me after reading some of the Xenoblade threads and then thinking about Persona 5's reception vs my own thoughts on it lol

Was playing the Switch and a notification came up about Mario Party Superstars updating. Probably just glitch patching?
Several other games (Mario Kart, Smash) have maintenance periods in the next 24-48 hours so it might not be a glitch. But it might not be much of anything either.

Some really cool news! Thanks for sharing!

Bad news for Etrian Odyssey fans, that series is definitely not going to be on Atlus's priority list for a good while:

And some really bad news! I love that series and was just thinking the other day when the Switch might get one, there being the touch screen and all. Aaah!

Yeeeah, having gotten used to the Oled's battery life makes it almost impossible to go back to and stomach the OG's. Jeeeesus, it's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom