• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some NoE news:
— My Nintendo maintenance (affecting all of Europe) is over
— My Nintendo Store (MNS) EU will not be accessible for several weeks, meaning EU will finally get a better My Nintendo Store as well (yesss!). This indirectly affects UK as well, as it‘s not likely that there are new physical My Nintendo rewards in Europe (it‘s one team, contrary to the EU/UK MNS teams) until the EU MNS work is finished.
— Due to a law change in Germany (and NoE having their headquaters there), there‘s a new function on NoE‘s main pages called Service Termination where you can easily demand NSO, NinAccounts or/and In-Game Passes to be terminated/cancelled. Neat!

could I get some logo feedback? I’ve got a couple variations and I’m not sure which one I like most

1. Plain & Simple & also chaotic

n4BCBYz.jpg

2. A Little Splashy

XgeE0sO.jpg

3. Extreme Grög’d

dDuBIX6.jpg

so far I’m leaning towards #2, and I’d add the gradient treatment from the key art icon to any of these

thoughts? thank you!

could I get some logo feedback? I’ve got a couple variations and I’m not sure which one I like most

n4BCBYz.jpg

2. A Little Splashy

XgeE0sO.jpg

3. Extreme Grög’d

dDuBIX6.jpg

so far I’m leaning towards #2, and I’d add the gradient treatment from the key art icon to any of these

thoughts? thank you!
My thought is that if I opened a game with logo 1 and then it animated into logo 2 I’d fall headfirst into the abyss.

My thought is that if I opened a game with logo 1 and then it animated into logo 2 I’d fall headfirst into the abyss.
I was definitely thinking about doing that!! excellent think.

so in that situation, would you expect the plain logo on various marketing materials, or the fun one?

n4BCBYz.jpg

2. A Little Splashy

XgeE0sO.jpg

3. Extreme Grög’d

dDuBIX6.jpg

thoughts? thank you!
Maybe #2 but scrap the teeth on the R and keep the extra designs on the letter O's, then animate them blinking and crawling all bug-like?

EDIT: #1 transitioning into #2 tickles my fancy too actually

n4BCBYz.jpg

2. A Little Splashy

XgeE0sO.jpg

3. Extreme Grög’d

dDuBIX6.jpg

thoughts? thank you!
I think 2 is the best option here, yeah. The Monster elements being limited to Grogol makes it stand out and helps me realise what a ‘Grogol’ is :) It’s a really good logo anyway!

n4BCBYz.jpg

2. A Little Splashy

XgeE0sO.jpg

3. Extreme Grög’d

dDuBIX6.jpg

thoughts? thank you!
I was gonna say #2 but I'm changing my answer to what @Dardan Sandiego said.
I'm picturing the R doing a little nom nom bitey during the animation and it's sending me

I was definitely thinking about doing that!! excellent think.

so in that situation, would you expect the plain logo on various marketing materials, or the fun one?
I’d go for the fun one but it might make sense to animate it first and see what kind of effect you want to go for.

In my head I imagined the eyes, legs etc. to show up for only a few frames like a "surprise". But even in that case logo 2 has a lot more character imo and as @Plum says, it helps actually convey what Gröglos are.

n4BCBYz.jpg

2. A Little Splashy

XgeE0sO.jpg

3. Extreme Grög’d

dDuBIX6.jpg

thoughts? thank you!
I agree #2 is the best, and the #1 animating into #2 idea is a big winner. #3 is slightly too much, IMO

I absolutely adore the idea of 1 transitioning into 2 for an extra lil monstery surprise

But for promotional material I feel like #1 is sufficient - it's not noisy, and the umlaut provides enough "color" for the design on its own imo

I have two thoughts:

#1 into #2 is perfect for Grogol.

I am also Team Autumn. I can't wait to be back in the UK wearing knitwear.

Last edited:

n4BCBYz.jpg

2. A Little Splashy

XgeE0sO.jpg

3. Extreme Grög’d

dDuBIX6.jpg

thoughts? thank you!
I'd also say #1 transitioning into #2 but I would include the eyes from the G on #3 just to hammer the monster aesthetic further. For promotion, I'd stick to #2 instead of #1 as you'd want the audience to at least have an idea of what a Grögol is even before playing the game (assuming it's a game like the others are saying). Plus, the contrast/difference between Grogol and Bonanza in #2 is a bit more eye-catching visually than in #1, for promotional sake.

@Suswave I agree with the above, 1>2 would be the best option, if that can't be done then use 2 for the game and 1 for promotional use.

I made a large dino with even larger horns.

rluXiBa.png

I'm calling him Tyranto right now but I feel like I can come up with something cleverer due to the horns/spikes.

well......... sly my poor boy.....

Absolutely nothing interests me on the PS first party front right now. All graphical showcases, do nothing for fun. I do have PS5 but that may be the last PS I'll ever own and it'll gather crazy amounts of dust.

Imagine not getting a 100% approval rating, I'd be in there like

3a133c9aa144a64861133bb89c532bb9.gif

"WHO WANNA RUN THEIR MOUTH??"

Couldn't care less about InFamous, but I love Sly Cooper. I'd rank it above the Naughty Dog platformers, and around the same or slightly lower than Ratchet & Clank (but mostly evenly matched). Thievius Racoonus was magical.

I think Nintendo Switch is now officially my favorite system.

I mean, here's my top 5:

1. Breath of the Wild
2. NieR:Automata
3. Undertale
4. Parasite Eve
5. Final Fantasy IX

With the Automata port, 4 of my top 5 games are now on the system.

(With the fifth game being one of the most unlikely Switch ports of all time, though)

I swear to god I should have learned this lesson twice by now

DON'T GET ATTACHED TO LOVEABLE NEW CHARACTERS

Part of me wishes Wide Care was just a perk of NSO, but here we go with another subscriptions

Absolutely nothing interests me on the PS first party front right now. All graphical showcases, do nothing for fun. I do have PS5 but that may be the last PS I'll ever own and it'll gather crazy amounts of dust.
I want a PS5 but only to replace my OG PS4 and to play Demon's Souls remastered. Not getting the current design though, I leave aesthetics like that to mid 2000's routers.

Also that's not my picture it's just a random one I found from googling jimmy johns beach club

I'll post a picture of mine when I order it and get it in my hands

I mean, here's my top 5:

1. Breath of the Wild
3. Undertale
4. Parasite Eve
5. Final Fantasy IX

(With the fifth game being one of the most unlikely Switch ports of all time, though)
Yeah mine too. It really has a fantastic library and its only getting better.
Really crazy comparing the support from 3rd parties and Nintendo themselves for the Switch and for the Wii U.

Got myself a white/lavender 2DS XL let's goooo My first XL system in the 3DS family, about time!

I've just realized... Xenoblade Chronicles 3-month has finally arrived. So unbelievably stoked, don't think I can contain my excitement. Potential hardware announcements can only be adding towards an already incredible month for me.

Yo can I just put my old SD Card into the my newly bought 2DS after doing the system transfer?

I mean, here's my top 5:

1. Breath of the Wild
3. Undertale
4. Parasite Eve
5. Final Fantasy IX

As a side note, Parasite Eve is crying out for a modern remake/remaster. Really a lot of the games from Squaresoft's golden era are, but PE needs the love that other games from that era in general (RE, FFVII) are getting. The IP rights can't be that expensive!

I watched Super 8.

The kid’s acting here were pretty good. They carried the film through a lot of the scenes. Most recent was Doctor Strange where the kid playing America Chavez was not so good. But that was a much more massive project and had to share screen with A big name actor. Plus, she wasn’t the only one that was off, Elizabeth Olsen was pretty bad at some parts too. It was a weird thing in that film.

But as a whole. The film starts well and ironically loses all steam shortly after when the monster is introduced and it’s drags even. Think it would’ve cooler if they kept it hidden much longer and just the kids think they saw something. The emotional payoff at the end didn’t land for me. One I did see it coming almost immediately and second it wasn’t that type of film to go off killing kids lol.

Overall. Decent film.

n4BCBYz.jpg

2. A Little Splashy

XgeE0sO.jpg

3. Extreme Grög’d

dDuBIX6.jpg

thoughts? thank you!
I would also vote for #2. Simple yet full of character. Really like it.

Oh look a game I ordered in early 2020 arrived today they wouldn't let me cancel. I guess it's cool they gave me the soundtrack on a cd as an apology? Idk. I actually gave up it would ever arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom