• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, Control is a pretty damn cool game. I’m nearing the end and I got passed the Ashtray Maze. It was glorious

Jeeze where has the year gone?

Also absolutely fantastic ST title and OP @Plum !

Work has me completely fried these past two weeks.

Squidwarddeflating.gif

Excellent work on the OP @Plum!

This is going to be a fun month I think after last month’s, let’s just say shenanigans. Definitely feels like something is coming.

Also, you can’t post shit in this thread
Buuut you can post @poop in this thread 😉

I have always been a hardware skeptic. I didn't believe in a Switch Pro for a long time. I've often thought the timing is off for a Switch 2. Etc.

...but I'm starting to get a feeling that a Switch upgrade is coming. Not a new gen, just an upgraded Switch. Idk why. Pieces feel like they're falling into place. I wonder if it was supposed to be out earlier but was delayed due to the pandemic.

Edit: It makes a lot of sense to me to put out a DLSS Switch that using that tech to really upgrade existing games/games built on this hardware, and save the real power boost (as in CPU, internal memory, storage, etc.) for a fully new generation, where you cab build knew games from the ground up for the more powerful hardware.

Last edited:
Awesome work OP!

New month of games/news/rumors. It never ends!

A game not mention that I am going to try is Yurukill: The Calumniation Games on July 5th. Lets hope its good

Excellent work on the OP @Plum!

This is going to be a fun month I think after last month’s, let’s just say shenanigans. Definitely feels like something is coming.

Also, you can’t post shit in this thread
Buuut you can post @poop in this thread 😉

Hey I will kill ourself 😤

Don’t think we getting a Mario movie teaser tomorrow.

I feel like if we get a direct in July. It has to be next week no? The logic is simply is that I want one.

Seeing this makes me wish I waited. Game was fun as hell but god damn was it ugly.

Loved the game on Switch but yeah, it was super rough. Definitely going to pick it up again on Xbox. I'd like to see the first two games make their way over to PlayStation and Xbox as well.

Incidentally, I wanted to ask for anyone playing or planning to play Ai NirvanA Initiative, would you be interested in, not necessarily an ST, but a discussion thread? I was thinking of making one that heavily encourages spoiler tag use and has a bare minimum OP.

I feel the vibe across threads is there is interest to talk about it even though no one understandably wants to hear anything about it until they finish it (me included). If enough people post, it’d be a fun thing to have later to go back and read reactions and impressions on when you are done. It also would help quarantine discussion while Europe waits for the game.

Yeah this post and/or “at” me if you are interested / have input/ideas.

Incidentally, I wanted to ask for anyone playing or planning to play Ai NirvanA Initiative, would you be interested in, not necessarily an ST, but a discussion thread? I was thinking of making one that heavily encourages spoiler tag use and has a bare minimum OP.

I feel the vibe across threads is there is interest to talk about it even though no one understandably wants to hear anything about it until they finish it (me included). If enough people post, it’d be a fun thing to have later to go back and read reactions and impressions on when you are done. It also would help quarantine discussion while Europe waits for the game.

Yeah this post and/or “at” me if you are interested / have input/ideas.
I would be interested in a thread, sure @xghost777 . It's a hard game to discuss given how spoilers work and what order you do things in, though! Plus the whole Europe situation. But I would totally post some impressions and thoughts in spoiler tags and be interested in seeing other peoples' as well.

fami I got us a scoop

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I would be interested in a thread, sure @xghost777 . It's a hard game to discuss given how spoilers work and what order you do things in, though! Plus the whole Europe situation. But I would totally post some impressions and thoughts in spoiler tags and be interested in seeing other peoples' as well.
I actually don’t think it’d be that bad actually to label spoiler tags. Unless something wild happens to upend this (totally possible), you can get pretty specific about sections as they are all marked in both the flow chart (something like Ryuki Chapter 1, Section 4) and the evaluation page (which numbers the Somniums).

Now that I’m not butthurt at Atlus anymore (for now) I can probably start getting excited for Soul Hackers 2

You know, Control is a pretty damn cool game. I’m nearing the end and I got passed the Ashtray Maze. It was glorious
Ashtray Maze rocked!

More than the games though I’m more looking forward to The Boys and the farm-fresh season of anime.

With Persona 5 coming to Switch now what is everyone in the Gematsu comment sections going to argue about? And the die-hards will need something new to port-beg.

I nominate Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

With Persona 5 coming to Switch now what is everyone in the Gematsu comment sections going to argue about? And the die-hards will need something new to port-beg.

I nominate Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.
I mean, I still don’t see a reason why Soul Hackers 2 can’t come to Switch. Whether it’s a good game or not remains to be seen though. I’ll probably grab it on Xbox and double dip if it comes to Switch.

I'm cross-posting from the Hardware Speculation ST, but I'm curious:

If the Switch 4K/DLSS model was announced in July for a Q4 2022 release, which already released game and unreleased game would you be most excited to revisit and experience for the first time, respectively, on the new hardware?

I might go Link's Awakening or Xenoblade 3 for a replay, and Prime 4 or BOTW 2 for the first-time playthrough.

One weird thing I really love about the Switch is the return to physical carts as opposed to optical discs.

As someone who grew up with the SNES and N64, just the physical process of slotting them in and out of the machine is so nostalgic and satisfying.

I know their portables have always used similar media, but as I'm a console player almost exclusively, going back after nearly 20 years of discs feels like coming home after a long time away. It also tickles my nerd brain that when I was a kid, a cart bigger than an adult's palm topped out at 4MB, yet now one the size of my thumbnail holds 8000 times as much data.

Also, just having a game like Witcher 3 (or for maximum historical hilarity, Final Fantasy VII) on a tiny little cart is also just so cool.

Last edited:

If the Switch 4K/DLSS model was announced in July for a Q4 2022 release, which already released game and unreleased game would you be most excited to revisit and experience for the first time, respectively, on the new hardware?

I might go Link's Awakening or Xenoblade 3 for a replay, and Prime 4 or BOTW 2 for the first-time playthrough.
Probably Three Houses. Never got around to the last route I needed. Perfect excuse to go back.

Tho not sure I expected a better looking game. Just not as slow lol

Is it cheating to just say Xenoblade 2 and Xenoblade 3, lol? Because I think that's probably my actual answer.

None of them because I have a 1080p tv 😛

The Xenoblade games. I will literally beat them all back to back w/o a break between games.

I’m actually several hours into 1 and 2 and enjoy them, but the blurriness got to me eventually. Made me physically sick (docked or handheld)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom