• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Nier and Persona this month, Pokémon in November and Crisis Core in December, i think i'm cool until Fire Emblem Engage releases, with the possibility of getting Bayonetta 3, maybe Harvestella at some point too. Then Tales of Symphonia will probably come out while i'm still playing Fire Emblem. It's a pretty stacked calendar for me until like February/March at least

I'm thinking about 2023 already because it kicks off with a new Fire Emblem in January and Octopath 2 in February. Normally those two months I use to catch up on the previous year.

What am I meant to do this time? Actually be finished with Xenoblade 3, Sunbreak, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, Nier Automata, and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope by then?
These last few weeks certainly have proven to me that I basically can't be 100% invested in two separate gaming ecosystems, because I'll have to catch up on almost the same list of games as you do (minus M+R, instead giving Persona 5R another go), and that's without me taking PC into consideration as well. Gosh, I just don't have the time (and energy) anymore... Well, at least not as long as I keep doing other stuff besides playing games, haha. I could stop that, but I really think one needs a healthy balance, and I really don't feel like being 100% invested in gaming and not bothering with anything else.

And then there are still some backlog titles... Oh my 🥲

With Nier and Persona this month, Pokémon in November and Crisis Core in December, i think i'm cool until Fire Emblem Engage releases, with the possibility of getting Bayonetta 3, maybe Harvestella at some point too. Then Tales of Symphonia will probably come out while i'm still playing Fire Emblem. It's a pretty stacked calendar for me until like February/March at least
Same. Early 2023 is looking great, even if some things end up delayed a bit.

And there’s a lot of interesting stuff on PS5 next year, too: FF16 (cautiously excited), Stellar Blade, Lies of P, Wo Long, etc. Plus Starfield for PC.

What am I meant to do this time? Actually be finished with Xenoblade 3, Sunbreak, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, Nier Automata, and Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope by then?
Leave them all unfinished, remember them months down the line, attempt to finish them, until another shiny new thing catches your eye

Plus Starfield for PC
I never really adored Skyrim outside of modding it with silly crap, but Starfield looks great. I just hope it plays great too.

It's a bit of a downer that 2022 was going to be be lit, until 2023 is going to be be lit.

Beginning of year: This year will go down in history - God of War: Ragnarök, Zelda, Starfield, Elden Ring.. and many more!

Zelda and Stafield gets delayed

Middle of the year: Never mind, NEXT year will go down in history - Zelda, Starfield, Final Fantasy XVI and VII Rebirth.. and many more!

I hear you. I'm trying to get through a bunch of games before Persona. I just need to resist the urge of starting up a new farm in stardew valley....cause i'm feeling that itch to play again.

New Tales from the Borderlands
Bayonetta 3
Shadows of Rose
Sonic Frontiers
God of War Ragnarok
It Takes Two
Pokemon Violet
Crisis Core Reunion

...my wallet is crying

Plenty of stuff I want but I’ve got enough I’m working on I’ve shuffled a bunch onto the November sales list
Wait for sale:
Live a Live
Persona 5 Royal
Pacman world repac
Mario + Rabbids Sparks(possibly till next year)
.hack gu collection(half off)
SD Gundam Battle Alliance
Ace angler fishing spirits
Monster rancher Ultra Kaiju
Tales of Symphonia

Only thing in the next couple months I’m considering at launch is Nier Automa since it’s such a great package

𝓮𝔁𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓹

so y’all remember Spiders Georg?

my partner and I stumbled into the original post and were reminiscing

and we are both certain there was a meme image associated at the time that looked a bit like the “are ya winnin son” situation

but we can’t find it. it doesn’t exist. it’s not on Know Your Meme and Google doesn’t know what the fuck we’re talking about but it’s real and we remember and we’re describing the same image but it doesn’t exist

please help us, or like tell me I’ve skipped tracks on the timeline or I’m crazy and it never existed

we’re losing our minds
I remember the original having no pictures, but yeah I could've sworn I'd seen some meme images added onto it afterwards at some point? I'm not finding them either though so it's either a mass hallucination or it got lost to some blogs being deleted in the years since (which is unfortunately pretty common)

The Mighty Bowser LEGO set was released today. And you know this 1-Up Boy had to order it first thing. 270 bucks is expensive, but I've loved all of the adult Nintendo sets so far and I know I'm gonna have a great time with it. Ordering at the LEGO website got a lot of neat bonuses too!
I'm soooo tempted by it... It's so unreasonable but also... mayhaps...

New Tales from the Borderlands
Bayonetta 3
Shadows of Rose
Sonic Frontiers
God of War Ragnarok
It Takes Two
Pokemon Violet
Crisis Core Reunion

...my wallet is crying
Oh god I forgot about crisis core, there goes another forty bucks or so

I think if you click the right stick that turns on full bars. Left stick is speed up. I’ve been using speed up for basically every random battle so far and I absolutely love it.

How far are you? I just got to Aerith’s house after blowing up reactor five, so I’m not very far yet. But I’m really enjoying the game! I think this might be the time that I finally make it all the way through FF7. It only took me twenty years and half a dozen attempts, but this is gonna be the one!

Yep I realized after some kind people told me here, I knew about the 3X - which I am using in battles myself, but was not aware of the other cheats.
We're exactly at the same spot =) So much like you, not very far..

I want to beat it before Crisis Core releases, and in a perfect world - before M+R SoH.

DIsney fandom can be... yea, let's not go there
3171ac57c29f6797482178c2b012c71c.jpg

It’s usually resolution scaling issues. I’m using a 4K TV. Sometimes the windows don’t scale properly. Sometimes the text is microscopic. Sometimes games have the option to increase the text size, but then it causes all kinds of text wrapping issues. It’s not ideal.
Oh, yeah. Scaling can certainly be iffy, even on some monitors, for sure. Especially with games not always adhering to the same rules even when using full screen vs borderless and such.

Oh, yeah. Scaling can certainly be iffy, even on some monitors, for sure. Especially with games not always adhering to the same rules even when using full screen vs borderless and such.
Sometimes Borderless Windowed mode means controllers won’t work too, so that’s fun.

Reading the review in progress articles about OW2 confirms some of my biggest fears. The gameplay caters to the hardcore competitive scene while the progression system is negatively impacted by the battle pass. Overwatch kinda gives me a glimpse of what could have happened to something like Smash Bros. When Overwatch first came out, it was a super casual game. Not without its issues, but it was still something where anyone could jump in. Anyone could set up tournaments so you saw a variety of different teams and players. Then Blizzard wanted full control over the competitive scene with Overwatch League. You lost all of the independent tournament and the game balance I felt was catering more towards those high level players. OW had become a competitive game and a lot more toxic. Now it's going F2P with monetization up the butt.

Let's see, if I have 6 dungeons done and can get about 1 done per month, I should have all 27 done by July 2025.

So a few months before Metroid Prime 4 releases. Ba dum tiss!

Hell yeah. I remember it being a rainy Saturday last year when I entered the rainy/underwater biome that I can’t remember the name of, it was a great atmospheric feeling
Burenia do be slappin'. Best music in Dread too!

I'm only buying Bayo 3 this month. I've been so consumed with work that later today will likely be the first time I touch a game in three weeks. Debating whether I should continue Xeno 3 or start Bayo 1.

I don't usually talk about stuff like this but I would have loved not to know about the dumbest people alive being mad that lizzo played that flute

I don't usually talk about stuff like this but I would have loved not to know about the dumbest people alive being mad that lizzo played that flute
I saw it said that "since everyone's now an expert on the flute, if we just keep giving Lizzo instruments maybe we'll accidentally bring back music education"

So like, silver linings

It's so boring news-wise. It's always like this with Switch, everything gets revealed on Directs and after that, it's basically news wasteland. Rarely we get any game announcements.

Well, at least we should get same leaks, shouldn't we? Rating boards, retailer listings... Anything. I want an age rating board to rate Fallout Anniversary Collection for Switch. Or another Kirby game. Come on people, you can do it.

It's so boring news-wise. It's always like this with Switch, everything gets revealed on Directs and after that, it's basically news wasteland. Rarely we get any game announcements.

Well, at least we should get same leaks, shouldn't we? Rating boards, retailer listings... Anything. I want an age rating board to rate Fallout Anniversary Collection for Switch. Or another Kirby game. Come on people, you can do it.

The fall is usually pretty slow for gaming news. September is really the last chance to make your final announcements before the holiday season starts. I doubt we'll get anything more substantial from Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft until next year. Maybe something at The Game Awards. Hopefully we still get an indie showcase since indie releases aren't really centered around the holidays. And I'm sure we'll get more trickle of Pokemon and Bayonetta 3 news.

Reading the review in progress articles about OW2 confirms some of my biggest fears. The gameplay caters to the hardcore competitive scene while the progression system is negatively impacted by the battle pass. Overwatch kinda gives me a glimpse of what could have happened to something like Smash Bros. When Overwatch first came out, it was a super casual game. Not without its issues, but it was still something where anyone could jump in. Anyone could set up tournaments so you saw a variety of different teams and players. Then Blizzard wanted full control over the competitive scene with Overwatch League. You lost all of the independent tournament and the game balance I felt was catering more towards those high level players. OW had become a competitive game and a lot more toxic. Now it's going F2P with monetization up the butt.
I'm reminded of that viral rant some influencer went on about Apex Legends getting these changes that catered to the competitive scene. He talked about how these changes may be good for the competitive scene but they aren't good for the majority of the fanbase and that's a net negative for the game.

It's true really. I think these competitive scenes tend to ruin shooters because of how obnoxious they are.

The fall is usually pretty slow for gaming news. September is really the last chance to make your final announcements before the holiday season starts. I doubt we'll get anything more substantial from Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft until next year. Maybe something at The Game Awards. Hopefully we still get an indie showcase since indie releases aren't really centered around the holidays. And I'm sure we'll get more trickle of Pokemon and Bayonetta 3 news.
Goodbye gaming news, hello election coverage and NFL scandals!

Anyone playing spooky games this month? I'm planning on playing through RE0 for the first time.

I was hoping to finish XC3 before now but damn it's a meaty game... meaty enough for Lanz one might say...
I tried to play RE2R, but I’m too much of a scared baby. I dropped it after 30 minutes.

Quoted by: 2B
Well, we did get some surprise announcements last year for Switch. A big one even: GTA Trilogy. This fall lineup feels kinda incomplete and I'm hoping for someone to come up and drop a megaton. Maybe Ubisoft with Prince of Persia?

Anyone playing spooky games this month? I'm planning on playing through RE0 for the first time.

I was hoping to finish XC3 before now but damn it's a meaty game... meaty enough for Lanz one might say...
I’ll be doing a Bloodborne playthrough, I pretty much always do. That and REmake are my go-to October games.

Haha, I did that with RE: Revelations the first (3DS) and second (Switch) time. I came back to it a year later and found the courage to get through it.
I think I'll probably try again eventually. But I did the same thing with RE4 last year - played for 30 minutes or so and then stopped. I really want to get through one of these games just to prove to myself that I can.

I’ll probably play through Resident Evil 4 again.

Probably with the suit of armor for a fun causal play and spirit of Halloween in dressing up lol.

Or Chicago Typewriter speed run

Well Sentaifilmworks has a sale going on and got me on 5 shows I really wanted for my anime collection XD. Well less to contemplate next month at least

Grabbed one of my fave gag isekais so May as well post the great op

Last edited:
Only if he looks like this in-game
morgan-howell-asset.jpg
Hmmm… is Typhon from Final Fantasy VI a giant Kirby homage that’s flown under the radar all this time?

I like how nobody includes New Tales from the Borderlands in October lists. It does look kinda bad lol

I like how nobody includes New Tales from the Borderlands in October lists. It does look kinda bad lol
Hey as long as the story is better than 3 I'm on board. Though that is an extraordinarily low bar.

Hey as long as the story is better than 3 I'm on board. Though that is an extraordinarily low bar.
I’m not paying full price for it. Also I still haven’t finished the final DLC for 2 or played anything after that so I’m a bit behind.

Got this:

d3a1ae85-7c5d-492f-bejfcfu.jpg

What am I doing, I have like a 100+ backlog lmao

Considering making this mistake lol I have two indie games I want to beat on switch first but otherwise a nice little window to play it in and @xghost777 's thread was very persuasive. I suddenly have a lot more time on my hands also 👀

I’ll be posting a Halloween/Autumn themed jazz song once a day throughout the month. Might be more based on title rather than spooky themes, but should be fun. People can make a playlist for their Halloween party.

First song is “Witch Hunt” by Wayne Shorter

It's a bit of a downer that 2022 was going to be be lit, until 2023 is going to be be lit.

Beginning of year: This year will go down in history - God of War: Ragnarök, Zelda, Starfield, Elden Ring.. and many more!

Zelda and Stafield gets delayed

Middle of the year: Never mind, NEXT year will go down in history - Zelda, Starfield, Final Fantasy XVI and VII Rebirth.. and many more!
I feel like it’s been that way every year since 2020.

“COVID delayed everything, so 2021 should be historic!”

“Ah…COVID lingers…2022 it is!”

“2023 I swear!”

Backlogs stay winning

Ocarina of Time is still a 10/10 even when measured in todays gaming landscape.

Thats it.

Thats my contribution to this thread for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom