• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Ashley! I must warn you, at some point you will have to show me your fat cat
398399D6-1AB1-473A-AE84-BC59648E2E9A.jpeg

This is Fat Boi™️

Hiiiii!!! Happy Famiversay, everyone!! So excited to be here! I’m Ashley, a Midwest native and transplant to the Bay Area. Also friends of @bellydrum (thanks for sharing this with me!!) 🖤 I’ve been a lover of Nintendo since my Pokémon x original Game Boy days, and now continue to play through the Switch. Of course you can catch me (or catch ‘em lol) playing Pokémon, but I’m also very passionate about Splatoon. If you’re a fellow squid, add me and let’s splat: SW-2614-1798-6785. Other games I frequent or love include Overcooked, Undertale and Deltarune, Everhood, Doki Doki Literature Club, Mario Kart, Omori, and probably more that I can’t think of right now. Always down to play anything, anytime!

Outside of games, I also have a cute dog and fat cat. I work in tech and shoot band photography. And I love homemade pasta :) Say “hi!” and let’s play!
Welcome to the party. Here’s my dork
IMG_5910.jpg

I’m trying to decide if I’m going game or if I’m going to paint for a bit. I just blew through the first world of the good monkey ball remake. So either I jump into Xenoblade or I paint, then jump in dicey dungeons(just have inventor(2) and witch(1)) left. Or TGAA

I love y'all, but I don't know if I could sit in on TGA even with an entertaining crowd to enjoy it with...
We could just all go but not pay attention. Even during the reveals. We'll all just pull out our switches and not play games on them and instead shitpost on our phones about weather and pets and I'm wondering if I have plantar fasciitis, the arch of my foot on the very bottom has really been hurting while I walk the past few days.

Also coffee makers.
Hey he isn't so chunky. Looks like a good boy.

Last edited:
"Oh look, another commercial!"
"I haven't seen this many 'adds' since math class!"
in unison DOOOOOOH-HOH-HOH-HOH!

We could just all go but not pay attention. Even during the reveals. We'll all just pull out our switches and not play games on them and instead shitpost on our phones and weather and pets and I'm wondering if I have plantar fasciitis, the arch of my foot on the very bottom has really been hurting while I walk the past few days.

Also coffee makers.
So the usual? Hmm. I'll consider it. Not like there's much worth to pay attention to!
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Ayy, The Game Awards will have an audience again, so we get to boo Geoff's awful show in person.
So the game awards will pretty much be where we get at least 1 or 2 Nintendo Switch reveals (third or first party). So I don’t mind it for that purpose. Might get a twitter announcement before hand possibly too.

I’m only getting Bayonetta 3 cause of the Amazon discount from millions of years ago.

Pre-ordered a bunch of stuff back then and this is the last one.

I might cancel it. But the circumstances of why I have it is too amusing for my witty humor.

My expectations were sky high and yet he easily exceeded them
So the usual? Hmm. I'll consider it. Not like there's much worth to pay attention to!
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I’m only getting Bayonetta 3 cause of the Amazon discount from millions of years ago.

Pre-ordered a bunch of stuff back then and this is the last one.

I might cancel it. But the circumstances of why I have it is too amusing for my witty humor.
My last one is Prime 4, so technically it will never end for me

Last edited:
New thread smell, XD
Also since I got delayed on my departure
Behold, my anime collection! I think I’m one more batch away from no longer being able to do a table pic(my normal storage spot isn’t conducive to pics)
IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

The original batch or two I got was in anticipation of a couple months of crappy internet, but nowadays i mains just add faves and stuff with weird licensing that means it jumps around or isn’t streaming often(like Giant Robo, Getter and Nadia). Got almost everything on sale too. Need to poke around and see what I want to grab in the next big RSA sale
The first Project A-ko is a lot of fun, I need to pick up the 2nd next Discotek sale. Of course Cowboy Bebop and Speed Racer are classics. I'll try to get a picture of my collection tomorrow, I've got more titles, so they will have to stay on my anime shelf, i'm long past the point of doing a cool spread like this. Nice collection ya got their, always love seeing another physical media fan.

Hiiiii!!! Happy Famiversay, everyone!! So excited to be here! I’m Ashley, a Midwest native and transplant to the Bay Area. Also friends of @bellydrum (thanks for sharing this with me!!) 🖤 I’ve been a lover of Nintendo since my Pokémon x original Game Boy days, and now continue to play through the Switch. Of course you can catch me (or catch ‘em lol) playing Pokémon, but I’m also very passionate about Splatoon. If you’re a fellow squid, add me and let’s splat: SW-2614-1798-6785. Other games I frequent or love include Overcooked, Undertale and Deltarune, Everhood, Doki Doki Literature Club, Mario Kart, Omori, and probably more that I can’t think of right now. Always down to play anything, anytime!

Outside of games, I also have a cute dog and fat cat. I work in tech and shoot band photography. And I love homemade pasta :) Say “hi!” and let’s play!
welcome to the shitpost abyss famiboards!

as someone who also has a chungus-tier cat, technically works in tech, and has been known to shoot band photography (even if half the bands were me) — chaotic tidings ~ . + . ~

(even if half the bands were me)
Still counts
unpopular opinion but they really got me with the spriggy
That's an unpopular opinion? I feel like this is the first time in years that a grass type has seemed like a good option* so I feel obliged to go for it

*I am aware that this is mostly because it's a kitty cat

*I'm also aware that old mate, the gorilla fella, was actually a really good Pokémon in SwSh

We're less than a week from the Mario movie trailer, I've never been more terrified and a little excited too
Is it bad that I didn't even mention the Mario movie in the OP

I just... do not care lol

EDIT: No disrespect to anyone who does care! I just can't get excited for anything Illumination is making, especially when Chris Pratt is involved

Bayonetta is a little easier to enjoy if you just treat it as camp, but I don't know if that'll really be enough to offset the other stuff for you. Personally I managed to get past that with that framing (and some friends who liked the game but weren't weird about it), but then it turned out I don't like the gameplay anyway, oops.

P5 and Nier, from what I've played of them and what you're saying, doesn't sound like you'd enjoy them, and for similar reasons as me. Nier is a bit of a coin toss as to whether it's deep or infuriating (what I've seen puts me squarely in the second category, though to be entirely fair I never felt like meeting it halfway), and the creep shit is inescapable because it's baked in as far down as the character designs and some of the basic gameplay mechanics. P5 has some real issues with homophobia and misogyny (and bizarrely enough, tried to patch the homophobia out only to accidentally replace it with a different flavor of homophobia) but from what I understand is more palatable between those incidents. I didn't get to play very much of it though because I have a hard time reading the interface and it gives me a headache after a couple minutes.

Rabbids I have no idea how the second one will play, but yeah if you're not really enjoying the first one it's probably a pass? At least that opens up more time/money for some of the other games though!
thank you so much for like… understanding the core of my qualms — I truly appreciate the relevant perspective and advice!!

they might all just be big maybes for a while

but I’m gonna maybe try to get into M+R again and see if it clicks

I admit I’m not sure about Bayonetta either, but I guess spending $30 to find out is less bad than spending $60. Although considering I’ve got early onset arthritis and motor control isssues, yeaaahhhhhhh, buying a character action game was probably not the best idea I’ve ever had even without the sexualization 🙃 I suppose it’ll be easy to resell and break even (and then some) if it’s not for me

I’ve already ruled out Persona because the homophobia in P4 infuriated me, and I never even finished the first M+R. So not sure if I’m getting any of this month’s heavy hitters.

I admit I’m not sure about Bayonetta either, but I guess spending $30 to find out is less bad than spending $60. Although considering I’ve got early onset arthritis and motor control isssues, yeaaahhhhhhh, buying a character action game was probably not the best idea I’ve ever had even without the sexualization 🙃 I suppose it’ll be easy to resell and break even (and then some) if it’s not for me

I’ve already ruled out Persona because the homophobia in P4 infuriated me, and I never even finished the first M+R. So not sure if I’m getting any of this month’s heavy hitters.
ayyy zero interest in anything coming out this month club unite

ayyy zero interest in anything coming out this month club unite
and this is why god created indies

oh god in addition to all of the other things in my first reply, I’m realizing that I’m also a midwesterner (but lived in Canada first) who very nearly moved to the bay (before absolute catastrophe derailed my first life path) whose first big Nintendo joy was Game Boy Pokémon

which I’m sure describes a ton of people, but I had a split-second concern that I was a diverging timeline or a fizzling tulpa

I'm.... not sure if I should Yeah! this
but I did

this is actually why God created the thirty trillion games I have to finish
see god didn't want you to ever get bored
how sweet

I don’t know what kind of god would create Grögol Bonaza but you bet your ass I’m gonna sue
JRPGs: kill god with the power of friendship
SusRPGs: sue god with the power of the å̴̤͇b̷̙̀͜ý̶͉̜̊͗ŝ̵̻̬̮̐̈́s̵̱͝͝

JRPGs: kill god with the power of friendship
SusRPGs: sue god with the power of the å̴̤͇b̷̙̀͜ý̶͉̜̊͗ŝ̵̻̬̮̐̈́s̵̱͝͝
okay but for real there is actually a side quest in Grögol Bonanza where you can sue the Featheral Birdeau of Investigation with a sketchy lawyer

Last edited:
Been keeping up with the Ukraine-Russia war and really glad Ukraine is winning. I hope they can finally end the war that Russia started
I'm just.. like... really uncomfortable with this annexation business. The whole "we're just gonna decide all the votes were actually for us and we win the election, hahaha" is exactly the sort of thing that feels a bit too familiar as a American right now. Like, I know there are much bigger things going on surrounding that war, that one just hits home for me.

The kind that comes up with crazy shit and refuses to elaborate further
You just described every god

Feather Birdeau of Investigation
replying for emphasis and visibility

Is it bad that I didn't even mention the Mario movie in the OP

I just... do not care lol

EDIT: No disrespect to anyone who does care! I just can't get excited for anything Illumination is making, especially when Chris Pratt is involved
It's not bad at all. It let's me have peace in this trying time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom