• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct: The Super Mario Bros. Movie | 10/6 1:05 p.m. PT

are you aware that puss is a dreamworks film
Produced by DreamWorks, yes. But distributed by Universal Pictures, same as the Mario movie. Universal's big holiday animated film would be a great place to market their big spring animated film.

What I was not aware of, however, was that I typed "Piss in Boots."

Honestly the fact that it was an accident makes it 100x funnier for some reason (possibly because I am not really sober 😅).
I'm 100% sober and even I gotta appreciate the pure chaos of it

What's this thread about again? I hope I'm not derailing anything 😅

K Rool and his cronnies being good designs or not is a moot point, since the first Donkey Kong movie they do should naturally be an adaptation of Donkey Kong 3 and you'll have clickbait articles and videos saying WHO IS STANLEY THE BUGMAN?! but the punchline is that when you click said article all that is written inside of them is "No. Seriously. Who the hell is that?"

I think it'd be neat if a hypothetical DKC movie opened with a flashback of Cranky's origins that had Stanley making a cameo.

This movie will have a permanent effect on the brand. Not saying that Nintendo will now pursuit to add stuff from the movie franchise on the games, but at certain point, there will be some influence; And that was always the plan, since they stated multiple times that they seek for brand expansion.

I'm just curious if they'll slap the Nintendo Pictures logo on this, even it's not entirely related just yet.

One thing I'm hoping to see in this is the part where Bowser convinces the Goombas to betray the Mushroom Kingdom and join his forces.

Not making that up btw, that's actually a thing from old Mario lore, that Goombas used to live in peace with Toads before Bowser came along and recruited them into the Koopa Troop.

Interestingly in the Bowser scene at the beginning of the teaser, we haven't seen any Goombas yet, just Koopas so far.

2 days later and Mario is still the #2 top trend on Twitter in the US. Movie is buzzy as hell
I am straight up seeing old college friends who I have never ever seen talk about any form of Nintendo game posting it online saying it's going to be badass/gotta see it/omg its so perfect look at his moustache and variations of it. The buzz is there, just gotta hope they stick the landing.

One thing I'm hoping to see in this is the part where Bowser convinces the Goombas to betray the Mushroom Kingdom and join his forces.

Not making that up btw, that's actually a thing from old Mario lore, that Goombas used to live in peace with Toads before Bowser came along and recruited them into the Koopa Troop.

Interestingly in the Bowser scene at the beginning of the teaser, we haven't seen any Goombas yet, just Koopas so far.
Well, Goombas are also mushroom creatures just like Toads are, so that makes sense. And on Paper Mario games, we've seen colonies of Goombas that are just living their lives and not aligned to the Koopa Troop at all.

Seeing the flying fortress in the movie is straight from Paper Mario, that could be a thing indeed!

Bowser actually saves all the penguins by having Kamek push them all to the side, rather than just straight up smoking them with the city.

You know what? Listening again and again, Jack Black's Bowser is sounding like Scott Burns version (the GameCube era Bowser), just a bit more hoarser.

No joke, I want a brief Donkey Kong vs Bowser fight.

DK will probably lose, but they can make it so that he loses because of circumstances.

I have a feeling that, if the movie is successful, Donkey Kong will be the next Ninty character to get his own movie, with K. Rool and shit.

still the best thing to come out of Chris Pratt playing Mario:

nTc3T8Z_d.webp

The Universal Pictures UK upload of the Mario Movie trailer still keeping that top spot on YouTube trending.
unknown.png

The Direct is also #3 on trending.
unknown.png

Mario gonna make bank if they can hold that momentum when the marketing kicks off leading to April.

Tho reception will be interesting since it gets shown in the US 2 weeks later. We will already know what to expect some of us lol

Mario gonna make bank if they can hold that momentum when the marketing kicks off leading to April.

Tho reception will be interesting since it gets shown in the US 2 weeks later. We will already know what to expect some of us lol
Yeah the rollout for the movie is… strange. Japan has to wait a whole month. While I doubt the story will be anything so complex that spoilers ruin it, there’ll definitely be Easter eggs/references that I’ll want to see fresh in the theater, so I hope our international posters don’t spam memes in the weeks before other countries get it.

I think this movie will be huge. Illumination + Nintendo? Then you factor in that the movie, seemingly, will be pretty action packed, and I definitely see families and older audiences showing up. If it’s over 70% on Rotten Tomatoes, this might get something crazy like a billion dollars.

they announced it as: Nintendo Direct: The Super Mario Bros. Movie but after airing renamed it to: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Direct, Nintendo's branding in it's purest

Yeah the rollout for the movie is… strange. Japan has to wait a whole month. While I doubt the story will be anything so complex that spoilers ruin it, there’ll definitely be Easter eggs/references that I’ll want to see fresh in the theater, so I hope our international posters don’t spam memes in the weeks before other countries get it.

I think this movie will be huge. Illumination + Nintendo? Then you factor in that the movie, seemingly, will be pretty action packed, and I definitely see families and older audiences showing up. If it’s over 70% on Rotten Tomatoes, this might get something crazy like a billion dollars.
don't think it's weird. movies aren't like games, they have to time it against other movies and the ability for theaters to slot it in. not to mention regional distro and whatnot

don't think it's weird. movies aren't like games, they have to time it against other movies and the ability for theaters to slot it in. not to mention regional distro and whatnot
Moreso my point is I think it’s weird they wouldn’t prioritize North America and Japan, but it’s possible the delay made it tough to squeeze in everything in an orderly fashion.

Really liking what I’m seeing so far, with Jack Black’s Bowser as the highlight. Fingers crossed it turns out well overall.

because he is a member and defender of a literal homophobic cult and as far as I know even a fascist ultra-nationalist one too. So no wonder people give him shit.

EDIT:

https://www.insider.com/report-says-chris-pratt-brother-linked-far-right-militant-group-2021-2?amp
His brother may or may not be that way, but there is not the slightest evidence that C. Pratt is. He never said anything even mildly resemblance to this. He is in this weird church, thats all.

His brother may or may not be that way, but there is not the slightest evidence that C. Pratt is. He never said anything even mildly resemblance to this. He is in this weird church, thats all.
Hasn't said anything, no, but showing up to a police fundraiser wearing a 3-percenters symbol is a bit of evidence. And I wouldn't expect him to be able to feign ignorance if his brother is openly tied to them.

I wonder how this person got their hands on that... also, they've done this audio isolation playlist for the movie which is so high quality which leads me to believe they also got their hands on each individual audio layer of the trailer since there isn't any warping audio you typically hear from audio isolation.

"He is in this weird, homophobic church, thats all, no biggie."

All the evidence paints quite the picture tho. He follows so many alt-right shitheads as well.

We heard the same excuses for JK Rowling as well. "She just follows transphobic and far right folks on Twitter. Doesn't mean she shares the same views".

At the end of the day people can think about him what they want but the evidence that he is secretly an asshole is quite a bit higher then one might think at first glance. He just isn't public about his opinions.

Yeah like I said earlier, he seems like a really nice guy. Click here for exclusive evidence [only for Famiboards eyes]!

I dunno, he seems like a real nice fella. Here’s some exclusive proof only for Famiboards eyes:

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

This is the hill you’re looking to die on?

As someone who loves Kamek and feels he has often been, like... ignored, despite being a pretty big figure in the Mario universe, it is super cool to have him being the first (proper) character shown and talking, in the first animated Mario Movie.
Good for you, Kamek. I can already tell you will be as OP as a Pokémon using Psychic in the anime, haha

Back
Top Bottom