• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct: The Super Mario Bros. Movie | 10/6 1:05 p.m. PT

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈
FeOvtwBXwAMXgJN

Tune in at 1:05 p.m. PT on 10/6 for a #NintendoDirect: The Super Mario Bros. Movie presentation introducing the world premiere trailer for the upcoming film (no game information will be featured). : http://ninten.do/6015dGF55

https://t.co/I868SmSpV2

Last edited:
If that is a shot from the movie, or at least shows off how it's going to look, then they at least nailed the look.

That's a very nice image. Really nailing the playful aesthetics of Odyssey and 3D World especially!

Edit: Wahoo Let’s-A-Go intensifies!

Edit: I honestly think this movie is going to be pretty good, maybe on par with the sonic movie. A lot of people have low expectations because of the studio making it, but I am willing to put some faith behind them.

Last edited:
I'm scared, hold me

At least the preview style looks nice! Unfortunately it'll drop when I'm asleep, so I'll be looking forward to everyone's reactions here when I wake up.

That image singlehandedly got me excited for this movie.

What a world we live in that we can have unironically good Pikachu, Sonic, and potentially Mario films. Kids these days are eating.

Updated OP with the full image, take another look in case you didn't expand... Peach's Castle is sky high!

that time is weird tho, 5 minutes after it drops on Comic Con. But I guess there will be more than just a trailer, Miyamoto will show up for sure, can't wait!

I hope they allowed Jack Black to go ham as Bowser ... you folks don't understand how genius and insane this casting is.

I blinked stupidly at this announcement like 8 times before I managed to comprehend what it was saying lol (I was hung up on the term Nintendo Direct)

Not sure if you guys seen the fine print for the poster, but it clearly says

Captured on Switch Pro

The items in the antique shop are 8-Bit. That's a fun detail.

I'm totally on board with how this looks. But, uh, that doesn't account for the writing and voice acting..
hey we can always watch it on mute with a mario soundtrack compilation playing

Not super thrilled about this but they nailed the look. Nice touch with the "antiques" being made up of voxels.

Is it just me or does Mario look very weird in that poster? I'm not quite sure what it is - maybe his proportions (head looks a bit too big) or maybe the materials on his clothes.

Anyways, can't wait to see the movie in motion!

Mario and the Toads look like WUK. Otherwise this looks interesting, very cool that they're crossing over with Tears of the Kingdom already! 😏

If that's the poster, I would absolutely get one to hang up somewhere. Truly gorgeous. The hype builds!

Back
Top Bottom