• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct: The Super Mario Bros. Movie | 10/6 1:05 p.m. PT

'The Super Mario Bros. Movie' actor Khary Payton says people are overreacting to Chris Pratt's Mario accent

An interesting thing here that was mentioned is how it was only one month between 'Teen Titans Go! to the Movies' release in theatres and Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic going straight to Illuminations Studios Paris for the Mario Movie
Late 2018/Early 2019 is also when alot of staff on the project seem to have joined it, so the TTG directors being hired seems to be when Nintendo and Universal finally landed on an idea they really liked/approved for the movie.

A new Mario Movie trailer for use in cinemas was rated by the BBFC on November 2nd and is 1 minute and 2 seconds long and specifically credits Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, and Charlie Day so we'll be hearing Luigi and Peach talk soon. Source

You just made a powerful enemy.
Or a powerful friend
I just know there are powerfulness involved
jeremy-clarkson-power.gif

I just noticed that they released the Québec version of the trailer and it’s definitely interesting compared to the France french version. I recognize the usual va who usually voices Pratt over here, but they seem to have pitch-shifted his voice during Mario’s last line lol

Decent chance then we see this trailer at the Game Awards.
Oh!! I hadn't even considered that.

That's where the trailer for Sonic 2 debuted, too, with Ben Schwartz doing a little standup bit. So Geoff will likely be jumping at the chance to get Pratt on stage for a big thing at his show.

Can't wait to see what DK and Cranky will look like
They did a great job with Bowser's mouth.
Yes, his mouth. Bowser's mouth has always been a bit awkward, tbh, when it comes to it closing. The rounded shapes along the entire jaws, in 3D, have always looked like they are 'odd' for speaking.
They nailed his mouth without making it look super un-Bowser-y.
DK's mouth has a similar off-ness with his teeth, that often, in some games, vanish and appears depending on his expression
So I am curious to see how they handle the DK mouths.
Stay tuned for more unecessary mouth talk

This movie could be the first time that Cranky gets to meet Mario again after the Arcade days;.. Closest that ever happened was the Jungle Japes stage in Smash, and obviously they never interact

Smash-Jungle-Japes.jpg

There are plenty of occasions that Mario was in the same place as 8-Bit Donkey Kong from the Arcades, including Smash, but that hardly counts.

This movie could be the first time that Cranky gets to meet Mario again after the Arcade days;.. Closest that ever happened was the Jungle Japes stage in Smash, and obviously they never interact

Smash-Jungle-Japes.jpg

There are plenty of occasions that Mario was in the same place as 8-Bit Donkey Kong from the Arcades, including Smash, but that hardly counts.
Hope they capture Cranky's trollish nature and his... well crankiness lol

I know a decent amount of how the movie industry works and unless the director gives a runtime beforehand then your not knowing until at least 2 months before the movie comes out

regardless of the rumor of the length being real or not, I reckon we're close to see another trailer indeed;

I suppose Geoff Keighley secured a deal with Universal and Nintendo for the Game Awards; we should get the guest stars for the show soon enough, and I get the feeling they will have Jack Black on stage

Back
Top Bottom