• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
a 3DS port and a gamecube port you say?

my money is on picross 3D round 2 HD remix and kururin squash retwisted

3DS port = Kid Icarus Uprising

GameCube port = F ZERO GX

Nintendo when they don't hit 13.5 million hardware units this fiscal year: oh no our stonks

11th of June makes sense. If E3 still existed, that's when they'd go right? The Tuesday after Microsoft?

If they do want to avoid summer games fest, it makes sense no sense to be that day. But if they don't want to avoid SGF, we'll then that's their traditional timeslot.

June 7th - Summer Game Fest
June 7th - Devolver Direct
June 9th - Xbox Games Showcase
June 10th - Ubisoft Forward

Add in rumored Sony show and confirmed Nintendo June direct and it's almost the whole gang ;P

E3 is dead
But also alive.

I feel like I missed something. Why are we talking about 3DS and GameCube ports?

Brazil posted a tweet suggesting that one idea behind the Shiver aquisition is downports for Switch 1, and that he knows of two ports scheduled for after April 2025, one being a Gamecube game and the other a 3DS one.

Brazil posted a tweet suggesting that one idea behind the Shiver aquisition is downports for Switch 1, and that he knows of two ports scheduled for after April 2025, one being a Gamecube game and the other a 3DS one.
Now that we know what we know about Furukawa, the answers are obviously Fire Emblem Awakening HD and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance HD.
3DS port?

Ever Oasis, let's go
That would actually be really nice; that game got dealt a really bad hand with the timing of its release.

That would actually be really nice; that game got dealt a really bad hand with the timing of its release.
Yeah they should have released the game on Switch and not on 3DS (like so many other late 3DS games that died on the console).

I’m not sure I’m prepared to guess ports for 2025 yet lol. I’m guessing the GameCube one isn’t Wind Waker or Twilight Princess since I imagine they’d be considered Wii U ports. I feel like Luigi’s Mansion is this year or it isn’t happening so I’ll cross that out too. Fire Emblem I’d imagine would be paired with the Wii game so that’s out too. That leaves…a lot of possibilities still haha. I’ll pick Kirby’s Air Ride, why not. Though I’d prefer it this year haha.

For 3DS, maybe Mario 3D Land? Kid Icarus seemed off the table last year.

I’m not sure I’m prepared to guess ports for 2025 yet lol. I’m guessing the GameCube one isn’t Wind Waker or Twilight Princess since I imagine they’d be considered Wii U ports. I feel like Luigi’s Mansion is this year or it isn’t happening so I’ll cross that out too. Fire Emblem I’d imagine would be paired with the Wii game so that’s out too. That leaves…a lot of possibilities still haha. I’ll pick Kirby’s Air Ride, why not. Though I’d prefer it this year haha.

F-Zero GX has been rumored forever, I can see a world where it was planned for Switch, then got pushed back to be a year one Switch 2 game.

F-Zero GX has been rumored forever, I can see a world where it was planned for Switch, then got pushed back to be a year one Switch 2 game.
It was, but then talk died down and insiders have said it might have been confused with F-Zero 99. I’d super love for it to come back though especially if they added online!

It was, but then talk died down and insiders have said it might have been confused with F-Zero 99. I’d super love for it to come back though especially if they added online!
I can't imagine a scenario where a remakester of F-Zero GX got confused with F-Zero 99, by anyone. Functionally I think if we're talking remake/remaster for Switch 2 which Shiver could downport to Switch 1, I think we should consider games that could be a graphical showpiece for the successor in it's launch year. I love Kirby's Air Ride and would do perm bannable things for a remakester with online or a sequel with more City Trial maps and online, but that doesn't scream "switch 2 needing a downport to Switch 1". That to me feels like a game you'd make for Switch 1 and just have it be BC on Switch 2. I suppose HD city trial with all the stuff going on could need additional juice to function of the successor, but I'm not sure I buy that Air Ride is one of my favorite games of all time and I won't get my hopes up for it

F-Zero GX would serve as a great technical showcase for the successor and you've built up an audience with F-Zero 99. Beyond that I could see perhaps Eternal Darkness as Nintendo turned down Nightdive when they pitched it, makes sense to shut them down if you're already working on it. Wave Race Blue Storm could also conceivably be a Switch 2 remakester graphics showcase as well. Also just spitballing but maybe we see a remakester of Custom Robo for Switch 2? 4 player and online I can see Nintendo wanting to give that IP another chance in 2025. Star Fox Assault as well for similar reasons.

Look Nintendo, I'm on a Metroid hype mode. Just finished MPR and started playing Metroid Fusion, and I'm considering playing Dread again after it. Announce Metroid shit for me. Zero Mission on the NSO, more prime remasters, Metroid 6, even fucking MP5.
You should strike while the iron is hot.

Legend of Zeld Link between Worlds
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby Triple Deluxe and/or Planet Robobot
Fire Emblem Awakening

Not many other candidates outside those 3D Land and Uprising honestly.

Somehow ... Samus Returned.
Side note, this has to be the weirdest name for a remake right? I don't know if they've every explained it but the change from "Return of Samus" to "Samus Returns" seems...I don't know, odd? I guess it does make it easier to know which one you are referring to, but it reminds me of a fake leak from years ago that referred to a Link's Awakening remake as "Link Awakens".

Side note, this has to be the weirdest name for a remake right? I don't know if they've every explained it but the change from "Return of Samus" to "Samus Returns" seems...I don't know, odd? I guess it does make it easier to know which one you are referring to, but it reminds me of a fake leak from years ago that referred to a Link's Awakening remake as "Link Awakens".
I'm pretty sure that fake leak used that name precisely because of the whole Return of Samus/Samus Returns thing. Anyway, I like it: as you said, it makes it easier to tell which version of Metroid II someone is talking about; it has a neat meta layer to it since it released after Federation Force, where Samus was not the player character, and so she's returning to that role; and it just sounds better to me.

I enjoyed Federation Force. I played on my own (as one does) and while it was not amazing, it was a very interesting take on Prime.
I had fun with it.

Very happy Metroid is 'back' with both it's typical 2D and 3D games, but I really appreciate neat spinoffs like FF. Feels like we get so few spinoffs nowadays.

Yeah, I always liked "Samus Returns" as a title. Seemed a fitting take, seven years after she'd last starred in a game.

IS is set to release new art for Ayra in June, the same month as the Direct.

It's a sign people, don't tell me I'm grasping at straws or inhaling massive amounts of copium again🙃

Praying for Rika Suzuki art for the remake given how iconic her Jugdrali renditions in Cipher and Heroes are

It's a sign people, don't tell me I'm grasping at straws or inhaling massive amounts of copium again🙃

Friend with the Sugird avatar, you gotta read. It's Arya!

;]

Hello

twilight-princess.gif

Okay see y'all at the Direct.
Nope. Get back here.

tumblr_pw6varGjeI1qjztgpo1_400.gifv

I remember thinking new Jugdral characters in FE:H had to mean something around last year, a couple days before the direct... good times.

someone posted top selling 3DS games not too long ago and i forgot tomodachi life sold 6M+ copies. i'm honestly shocked they haven't done anything with that franchise since. with that sales number in mind though, i'm thinking they maybe want to build upon the success for NS2 instead of just release a super late-gen remake on the OG switch? that, or the plan is to release the late-gen remake to build up hype for the inevitable successor on S2.

either way, tomodachi life whatever is long overdue. anyone know what team are the ones who make those games?

someone posted top selling 3DS games not too long ago and i forgot tomodachi life sold 6M+ copies. i'm honestly shocked they haven't done anything with that franchise since. with that sales number in mind though, i'm thinking they maybe want to build upon the success for NS2 instead of just release a super late-gen remake on the OG switch? that, or the plan is to release the late-gen remake to build up hype for the inevitable successor on S2.

either way, tomodachi life whatever is long overdue. anyone know what team are the ones who make those games?
Tomodachi 3 as a cross-gen game?

It's not like it really needs all the bells of whistles of "next gen". It's a "Mii" game at heart, a simple resolution boost would be all I could ask.

Tomodachi 3 as a cross-gen game?

It's not like it really needs all the bells of whistles of "next gen". It's a "Mii" game at heart, a simple resolution boost would be all I could ask.
yeah, that's definitely a possibility. i'm personally still just wondering how far they want to go with cross-gen releases and how they'll decide on that. graphics aside, which is definitely a factor i agree, what releases would they want to make exclusive in order to give more caché to the NS2 over the OG? not sure.

historically, looks like it was SPD 1 which from what I understand turned into EPD 7 after the internal restructuring in the late WiiU/3DS era (when they combined their handheld and console divisions to create EPD)

EPD 7 is Sakamoto's department and so far since the restructure has only been involved in external collabs (with MercurySteam on the 2D Metroid games and with MAGES in the Famicom Detective Club remakes), so presumably for a new Tomodachi to happen it'd either need to move to a new EPD group or find an external partner to help EPD 7 make it

Nah it was brilliant

It was a call back to the game it's a remake of (Return of Samus)

And

It's a definitive statement "Samus has returned"

A Samus Returns remake would be ideal. Polish up the graphics, make the controls smoother and more in line with Dread, and it could reach a whole new level of appreciation. It's definitely a great game that was held back by being on the platform it was on.

Coming after April 2025 is a good sign the Switch will keep getting loaded up on our desired remasters and remakes. 3DS and GameCube are my favorite choices for ports, too, so I’m very excited. My wishlist includes Metroid Prime 2 (3 from the Wii as well of course), Samus Returns, Star Fox Assault, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (or Wii, whichever I suppose), Kid Icarus Uprising, Eternal Darkness (yeah right, I know), F-Zero GX, Luigi’s Mansion 1 (either/or version again I guess), Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Wind Waker & Twilight Princess (guessing these ones would be Wii U ports if they make it, though), Kirby’s Epic Yarn (again, or Wii version).

They aren't direct sequels but I've always felt that Miitopia and Miitomo were continuations of "Woah look what wacky things your Miis and friends' Miis are up to" that Tomodachi started, and they just haven't made a new one since because those releases were generally well spaced apart.

I don’t quite understand why everyone assumes that the games Brazil is talking about are necessarily games published by Nintendo.
The real Bandai-Namco remaster is the friends we made along the way.
As long as those friends are either Icarus or Fox, it’s okay.

Yeah, in August 2006 before the Wii even came out. Checking the release schedules it looks like Zero was the first game we got since then so it kinda looks like they've been skipping a lot.
I'd still count it as part of the same generation, since the Wii and DS are usually stapled together in that discussion.

Back
Top Bottom