• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I'll have to find some other way to spend time this week 😞

What do Gengars normally do with their free time anyways? I'm one of the weird ones that goes online a lot.

Ugh, I'll have to find some other way to spend time this week 😞

What do Gengars normally do with their free time anyways? I'm one of the weird ones that goes online a lot.

According to the Pokedexes of various gens, Gengar usually:

• Scare the shit out of people
  • Steal their body heat
  • Steal human lifeforce
  • Steal lifes (damn what a escalation)
  • Attack people who got lost in mountains
  • Curse people
  • Visit ill-behaving children (possibly only during christmas under the nickname Krampus)
  • Has a mouth than can become a portal to the afterlife

... Damn you're scary.

I want Directs to be Schrödingers Cat again. It‘s boring when we already can easily guess even when Nintendo breaks their "pattern".

i have been exposed to american culture all my life wither i like it or not like many other around the world why this is the first time ever i hear about juneteenth?
like the day when slavery ended in the USA sound like a big deal why i never heard about this holiday ever?
A lot of people in the US like to just sorta sweep that part of the country's history under the rug and pretend it never happened (it's practically official policy for at least half the country that "racism is 'over', and only 'outside agitators' would want to acknowledge or teach people about this country's deep-rooted history of white supremacy")

and so it's only in the last couple years that it really started getting mainstream attention. I think it didn't become an official "it comes standard on the calendars and folks get the day off for it" holiday until like 2021

If Nintendo doesn't have a solidified date as of yet, does that when Nintendo asks third-party studios for games/put third party games in the Directs, they typically are given a general range of when the Direct will happen opposed to the exact timing? I'm assuming by now that they have what'll be featured in the Direct secured and are in the final stages of getting it all put together now.

I would also like to say that, while it may not affect Nintendo's plan at all, the new Monkey Ball does release on the 25th and, since it's an exclusive, it's possible they want that to be in the Direct for one last push? Maybe not though, especially if we are considering Nintendo may do this Direct the same week as Luigi's Mansion 2 HD!

Based on this new data, here are the most possible dates

pHvLQrb.png

Star: Most likely
? Block: Less likely
Just a quick question! Is there a reason you didn't mark off the 20th as possible too? I could see that say being fairly possible as well!

i have been exposed to american culture all my life wither i like it or not like many other around the world why this is the first time ever i hear about juneteenth?
like the day when slavery ended in the USA sound like a big deal why i never heard about this holiday ever?
It's only been a federal holiday since 2021; most businesses wouldn't have considered it as part of their calendar until 2022.

Juneteenth was more of a local/state holiday until recently. The signing of the Emancipation Proclamation is the more nationally known event but because the southern states were still in open rebellion, the ending of slavery didn't come in parts of the US until Union troops captured the territory and enforced the law. Juneteenth was when it was enforced in Texas, the last remaining hold out. So the holiday for the most was only really recognized in Texas for most of its history because slavery officially ended at different times for different states. The end of slavery wasn't even really made official nationwide until the adoption of the 13th Amendment which occurred after the war had ended.

Last edited:
The Direct can be next week. Like others have mentioned, it can be announced on the 18th for a 20th showing. Or they can announce it on the 19th, seeing as how they can schedule the tweet

Pyoro says it isn’t happening, pack it up, Directs are dead forever!!!

Personally I still think next week could happen, either announced Monday for Tuesday, or announced Tuesday for Thursday. Just because one day is a holiday doesn’t mean the entire week is out, after all it’s only a holiday in one part of the world

Just a quick question! Is there a reason you didn't mark off the 20th as possible too? I could see that say being fairly possible as well!
Direct announcements typically happen the day beforehand, which would also fall on Juneteenth. Unless they announce it two days ahead of time, the 20th isn’t particularly likely either for that reason.

Y’know this is a really funny direct season, because if this week truly isn’t the week, then they have to break some sort of pattern whether it’s airing the Direct on a Tuesday, making the announcement time earlier than it has been, or having one the week of a published release for the first time since March 2016 (the Direct literally aired the day before TPHD dropped)

Direct announcements typically happen the day beforehand, which would also fall on Juneteenth. Unless they announce it two days ahead of time, the 20th isn’t particularly likely either for that reason.
Oh yeah, thanks! I was thinking maybe that they'd announce it two days early this time but that's definitely a good point!!

9/11 isn't a federal holiday it isn't an equivalency at all. It's not about Nintendo respecting American holidays, it's about no one at NOA is working on Juneteenth.

I could do with an announcement soon 😭 Selfishly it'd give me a date this week or next to look forward to, but it's always nice to be in the hype cycle again for a direct, especially since it's been pretty bare this year so far

"There is no Nintendo Direct this week.

"End of the month, and as far as I know, the exact date isn't even certain yet."

This is from the guy who leaked that Nintendo's next system had been internally delayed by the way.

"There is no Nintendo Direct this week.

"End of the month, and as far as I know, the exact date isn't even certain yet."

This is from the guy who leaked that Nintendo's next system had been internally delayed by the way.

Be serious. It's happening within 18 days; the date is obviously decided at this point.

The direct date isn’t set yet cause somebody approved too much PTO and no one knows who’s suppose to upload the direct livestream.

Duh.

Nintendo. I’ll do it for free

9/11 ain't a holiday. And more Americans aren't sensitive about Juneteenth cause they are racist.
No, it’s because most of them never even heard of Juneteenth until two years ago and it’s a historical event that happened more than 150 years ago whereas 911 was a national trauma within the living memory of most Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom