• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna be honest, I still don’t think it’s next week. The way that Nate has been talking-even just last week- made it seem like it still was a ways off. He also hasn’t seemed to give any hints (which although he is not giving the dates he did say he would still give hints). Pyoro hasn’t tweeted, and Brazil still hasn’t heard anything yet.

even if this is an error, i think it doesnt point away from sus theory. this shows that they have a version of the trailer with switch UI that they likely accidentally included footage of when meaning to make a more platform agnostic one

For sure! That said, it can be both. But even if it isnt the 18th it is in June anyway ;)

I’m gonna be honest, I still don’t think it’s next week. The way that Nate has been talking-even just last week- made it seem like it still was a ways off. He also hasn’t seemed to give any hints (which although he is not giving the dates he did say he would still give hints). Pyoro hasn’t tweeted, and Brazil still hasn’t heard anything yet.
Nate probably gave some fucko hint a few days ago and we didn’t notice, but this thread moved so fast that was probably like 50 pages ago

The balls on these lads

Thumbnail has been changed, and there is now a pinned comment on the video regarding the old one: We apologize for the date in the thumbnail. There was a miscommunication between us due to the date being tossed around but not officially confirmed. It was never our intention to misinform. We were simply following a template from previous predictions videos but this is the first time in a while that we knew about a Direct so far in advance. We'll strive to be more aware in the future.

There is now a pinned comment on the video regarding the thumbnail in the GVG predictions video: We apologize for the date in the thumbnail. There was a miscommunication between us due to the date being tossed around but not officially confirmed. It was never our intention to misinform. We were simply following a template from previous predictions videos but this is the first time in a while that we knew about a Direct so far in advance. We'll strive to be more aware in the future.

Ohhhh someone's got a visit from a Ninja-Lawyer!

j/k ^^

Thumbnail has been changed, and there is now a pinned comment on the video regarding the old one: We apologize for the date in the thumbnail. There was a miscommunication between us due to the date being tossed around but not officially confirmed. It was never our intention to misinform. We were simply following a template from previous predictions videos but this is the first time in a while that we knew about a Direct so far in advance. We'll strive to be more aware in the future.
Still wouldn’t say this deconfirms the 18th though! (y)

Nate probably gave some fucko hint a few days ago and we didn’t notice, but this thread moved so fast that was probably like 50 pages ago
The first game of Portugal in the Euros is the 18...

images

I really just think that nobody really knows. We haven’t gotten anything from pretty much anyone on Nintendo’s post-July plans. It’s possible they’ve just really locked things down.

I wonder if there will be a “one last thing”

Koizumi: "Well? What do you think? Thanks for watching so far. But we have one more thing. I hope you enjoy it!" Does the Switch snap

A white screen appears

Slowly some letters appear and they read

"This was the last Switch Direct. That's the one last thing. It was the one last Switch Direct. Now go and play some games or something."

Anyone can summarize his predictions ?

Thanks in advance :)
Their most interesting predictions (i.e., ones that haven't appeared ad nauseum in this thread) are:
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time HD, since we've gotten two Mario RPG remakes in the past seven months, and while it isn't the most popular entry, it's the Mario & Luigi that needs the remake treatment most
  • Game & Watch Gallery Remastered collection with brand-new art and featuring various Nintendo characters instead of just Mario ones, since it feels like the perfect low budget/scope project for this late in the Switch's life
  • A potential port of the Apple Arcade game Amazing Bomberman
  • A new Wario Land
  • Pac-Man World 2 remake
  • Remasters of the original Resident Evil games
  • Some indie dev working on a Nintendo IP
  • The Legendary Starfy remake
  • Capcom vs. SNK remaster

I don’t know whether or not Pyoro will tweet about the Direct. Even if he does or doesn’t, there’s valid reasons to think itll be next Tuesday. Or not.

The hyper fixation on Pyoro needs to be toned down

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time HD, since we've gotten two Mario RPG remakes in the past seven months, and while it isn't the most popular entry, it's the Mario & Luigi that needs the remake treatment most
I doubt Nintendo has found a competent enough studio to remake a M&L game

Suika Game announcement (possible shadow drop) on the 18th

Okay, now I’m a touch skeptical. Why would they announce this ahead of time? If it was in the Direct would they be allowed to announced this ahead of time?

Is Among Us theory crumbling?

Their most interesting predictions (i.e., ones that haven't appeared ad nauseum in this thread) are:
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time HD, since we've gotten two Mario RPG remakes in the past seven months, and while it isn't the most popular entry, it's the Mario & Luigi that needs the remake treatment most
  • Game & Watch Gallery Remastered collection with brand-new art and featuring various Nintendo characters instead of just Mario ones, since it feels like the perfect low budget/scope project for this late in the Switch's life
  • A potential port of the Apple Arcade game Amazing Bomberman
  • A new Wario Land
  • Pac-Man World 2 remake
  • Remasters of the original Resident Evil games
  • Some indie dev working on a Nintendo IP
  • The Legendary Starfy remake
  • Capcom vs. SNK remaster
Those are some WILD predictions lol it is hard to tell if they know some things beforehand because some of these seem so...out there...game and watch, Wario Land, Mario Luigi rpg, starfy...whaaaaaaat ?!

Okay, now I’m a touch skeptical. Why would they announce this ahead of time? If it was in the Direct would they be allowed to announced this ahead of time?

Is Among Us theory crumbling?

They probably get a pass, and they didn't mention Nintendo, they're just teasing, it doesn't affect Nintendo at all.

Those are some WILD predictions lol it is hard to tell if they know some things beforehand because some of these seem so...out there...game and watch, Wario Land, Mario Luigi rpg, starfy...whaaaaaaat ?!
From the video, I basically got that some of them were predictions, educated guesses, or generally just games they wanted to see come back haha

Recap Of The GVG Predictions Video New
Anyone can summarize his predictions ?

Thanks in advance :)
Not really a ton of concrete "there's no way X isn't there" kind of predictions in this one tbh but eh, at least it's something to talk about that isn't "where's the bird?"

To sorta sum up most of what they touch on:
  • Mario&Luigi remake to finish the hat trick of RPG Mario games getting remade (they suggest Partners in Time since it got skipped on the 3ds and Paper Mario skipped 64 to remake TTYD instead); bring up the possibility of Grezzo as a possible dev for it
  • Jon seems to know Grezzo isn't doing Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, so them doing a Zelda project is discussed; Oracle remakes are discussed, they're hoping it'd be a brand-new game
  • some kind of new Game&Watch Gallery, they think NDcube would be a good fit for it and could be along the same caliber of Nintendo World Championship NES Edition in terms of scope
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD2D (possibly now DQ HD2D trilogy); hoping that if it somehow isn't releasing this year, they'll announce ports of some of the other games in the meantime like 4/5/6 or 7&8. Jon wants to see Dragon Quest Builders 3
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • NSO updates; discuss possibility of a new system like Turbografx or Master System, and how there's still interesting things they could add from the N64/GBA libraries
  • Fantasian, other Apple Arcade games like Hello Kitty and Bomberman
  • Kid Icarus Uprising (Jon: "My gut says Uprising probably isn't happening now, but the chances aren't zero")
  • Prime 4 or more Prime remasters; wonder what MercurySteam would be working on now and whether it'd be Metroid 6, a new remake, or a Samus Returns port
  • Kirby: they bring up the idea of a Forgotten Land sequel, a spin-off (Jon wants a Kirby RPG), or a remaster of one of the 3DS games
  • Wario Land
  • the long-rumored-to-be-finished FE4 remake
  • probably nothing from MonolithSoft until Switch 2, except maybe Project X Zone
  • possible Bandai-Namco remasters (Xenosaga, Pac-Man World 2 mentioned)
  • Jon brings up a Resident Evil classic collection; Derrick mentions other possible retro collections like Castlevania DS or Mega Man Legends. Discuss more ports of old Capcom fighting games like Capcom vs SNK (following on the SF6 DLC news), Marvel vs Capcom, or Powerstone
  • another Cadence of Hyrule-style "Nintendo IP outsourced to an indie dev" game (joke about a Celeste-style Ice Climber, bring up a Shin'en-made F-Zero)
  • Starfy, Golden Sun, and Custom Robo brought up as ways to continue the "reviving dead IP via compilation remakes" trend of Another Code/Famicom Detective Club/Advance Wars; they think Starfy is the likeliest of those to happen
  • new Mario Party, hoping it's a new one and not Superstars 2
  • Pushmo, also briefly touch on Dillon's Rolling Western or Boxboy as other 3DS eshop games that could benefit from getting collections
  • neither of them really expect WW/TP at this point

Last edited:
Not really a ton of concrete "there's no way X isn't there" kind of predictions in this one tbh but eh, at least it's something to talk about that isn't "where's the bird?"

• Mario&Luigi remake to finish the hat trick of RPG Mario games getting remade (they suggest Partners in Time since it got skipped on the 3ds and Paper Mario skipped 64 to remake TTYD instead); bring up the possibility of Grezzo as a possible dev for it
  • Grezzo making a 2D Zelda game
  • some kind of new Game&Watch Gallery, they think NDcube would be a good fit for it and could be along the same caliber of Nintendo World Championship NES Edition in terms of scope
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD2D (possibly now DQ HD2D trilogy); hoping that if it somehow isn't releasing this year, they'll announce ports of some of the other games in the meantime like 4/5/6 or 7&8. Jon wants to see Dragon Quest Builders 3
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • NSO updates; discuss possibility of a new system like Turbografx or Master System, and how there's still interesting things they could add from the N64/GBA libraries
  • Kid Icarus Uprising (Jon: "My gut says Uprising probably isn't happening now, but the chances aren't zero")
  • Prime 4 or more Prime remasters; wonder what MercurySteam would be working on now and whether it'd be Metroid 6, a new remake, or a Samus Returns port
  • Kirby: they bring up the idea of a Forgotten Land sequel, a spin-off (Jon wants a Kirby RPG), or a remaster of one of the 3DS games
  • Wario Land
  • probably nothing from MonolithSoft until Switch 2, except maybe Project X Zone
  • Jon brings up a Resident Evil classic collection; Derrick mentions other possible retro collections like Castlevania DS or Mega Man Legends. Discuss more ports of old Capcom fighting games like Capcom vs SNK (following on the SF6 DLC news), Marvel vs Capcom, or Powerstone
  • another Cadence of Hyrule-style "Nintendo IP outsourced to an indie dev" game (joke about a Celeste-style Ice Climber, bring up a Shin'en-made F-Zero)
  • Starfy, Golden Sun, and Custom Robo brought up as ways to continue the "reviving dead IP via compilation remakes" trend of Another Code/Famicom Detective Club/Advance Wars; they think Starfy is the likeliest of those to happen
  • Pushmo, also briefly touch on Dillon's Rolling Western or Boxboy as other 3DS eshop games that could benefit from getting collections
Metroid 6 is probably being saved for Switch 2 I imagine

Wouldn't it be nice in case they do announce a Fantasian console port in the Direct, if specifically for Nintendo, they would also announce a HD Remaster of The Last Story since that's a Gooch game, too?

Although i wouldn't be mad if they kept that for Switch 2.

• Grezzo making a 2D Zelda game
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Wario Land
Damn, I honestly want a lot of this stuff, I would kill for a Kirby RPG in particular

Which obviously means none of it is happening! ;)

for slightly more context, it was something their chat brought up as they were closing out the video and the vibe from both of them was "it feels too late and we've been burned so many times we aren't getting our hopes up anymore" but Jon did say something to the effect of "TP HD did come out in the WiiU's last year so eh, we'll see, maybe?"

I actually think it would be smart to not bring the HD ports to Switch ... cause you know ... they were already in HD on Wii U.

On the successor though, they can make them "4K remasters" so that there's some improvements over mere Switch ports.

I actually think it would be smart to not bring the HD ports to Switch ... cause you know ... they were already in HD on Wii U.

On the successor though, they can make them "4K remasters" so that there's some improvements over mere Switch ports.
Honestly yeah I agree with this. Probably would be easier to get them to 60fps on Switch 2 also if they want to do that

I'll happily take these games either way. I just don't want to see them trapped on Wii U forever.

You know on the bringing back Star Fox debate, my pick would be:
On rails Story/arcade mode in classic form, but then Campaign mode is unlocked after a playthrough. It’s basically SF2 where you can freely move the Great Fox around the map, and go to any planet in any order, and every planet has a default conquer/infiltrate missions, but then you get the tactical layer with fleets and missiles and Special encounters like Star wolf moving across the map, and if they take a planet it becomes a special scenario(some reusing the story modes on rail missions with new objectives). Plus unlockable arwing variants, free use of the land master with only a couple restrictions like lava planets(but the aqua master might have a special variant for those). Make it rogue lite with the difficulty changing what can appear, how often and where they’ll go and each difficulty having an unique final and hidden boss. Also a pilots system

Honestly this… do we really NEED em? I feel like this is part of why they brought Skyward Sword over before either of these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom