• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to hear Jon say he is Yoshi'd out, we haven't had a new Yoshi game since 2019. Yoshi needs a new game.
I agree but man between Crafted World and Princess Peach Showtime Good Feel's last two efforts have been kind of mid huh. Would like to see another team take a crack at Yoshi, maybe even bring it back in house at EPD if there's enough staff free for that (which I guess there probably isn't)

Sad to hear Jon say he is Yoshi'd out, we haven't had a new Yoshi game since 2019. Yoshi needs a new game.
Even if I sometimes feel Yoshi'd out at times, I think it safe to presume we'll probably get another one. Just not probably until the successor.

I'd have to imagine Good-Feel was kept busy between Peach Showtime and Not!Goemon (Mameda no Bakeru).

What are they working on then ? Bird sure loves the attention and the followers
It is a parody of leaking culture. But they actually give real info. After that they are gone. Not to ask for attention constantly or anything.

Anyways thats how I perceive it :)

I agree but man between Crafted World and Princess Peach Showtime Good Feel's last two efforts have been kind of mid huh. Would like to see another team take a crack at Yoshi, maybe even bring it back in house at EPD if there's enough staff free for that (which I guess there probably isn't)
I'd like to see Yoshi get the "Kirby and the Forgotten Land" treatment

I’m gonna be honest, I still don’t think it’s next week. The way that Nate has been talking-even just last week- made it seem like it still was a ways off. He also hasn’t seemed to give any hints (which although he is not giving the dates he did say he would still give hints). Pyoro hasn’t tweeted, and Brazil still hasn’t heard anything yet.
With the smoke recently its probably the 18th. If its the last week though then no worries. I thought that too about Nate but idk, it wouldnt make much sense for the last week.

I'm not sure if maintenance really means much but this could be even more smoke...

I know it’s been discussed but idr the conclusion. Are we absolutely certain they’ve never aired a Direct the same week as a first party release?

I know we’ve been in this position a few times over the years. I can’t remember if one time it ended up that the direct aired the day before a big release. That’s kind of ringing a bell but maybe I’m making it up.

If Pyoro doesn't tweet then how will we ever find out about games/news that Nintendo plans to announce only days from now...

There's enough time to go to the NoA HQ, befriend Doug Bowser, invite him for some after-work drinks and then ask him when he's in a good mood!

I know it’s been discussed but idr the conclusion. Are we absolutely certain they’ve never aired a Direct the same week as a first party release?

I know we’ve been in this position a few times over the years. I can’t remember if one time it ended up that the direct aired the day before a big release. That’s kind of ringing a bell but maybe I’m making it up.

I'd argue the big "red flag" on the last June week isn't Luigi's Mansion 2, it's that they have their big shareholder meeting that week, too.

We’ll get a Yoshi game close to Super Mario Bros. Movie 2’s release
Yep. One thing we can be probably rest assured of is that Nintendo likely won't ever have Disney's problem of not having closely related games available soon after the release of their major motion picture (or streaming service) adaptations.

Could make the coming years all the more interesting to watch as the "Nintendo Cinematic System" continues to take shape.

They had a Direct the day before Metroid Samus Returns released, in September 2017.

I'd argue the big "red flag" on the last June week isn't Luigi's Mansion 2, it's that they have their big shareholder meeting that week, too.
Is it though? They’ve done directs immediately preceding their quarterly meetings. I wonder how that last-week-of-July Partner Direct from 2022 fit in with that year’s annual meeting

There's enough time to go to the NoA HQ, befriend Doug Bowser, invite him for some after-work drinks and then ask him when he's in a good mood!

I know this is going to sound dumb but why is the shareholders meeting a red flag? Is it because of the date that the meeting is on or something that they usually discuss in the meetings that make it not likely to have a presentation air around it?

Is it though? They’ve done directs immediately preceding their quarterly meetings. I wonder how that last-week-of-July Partner Direct from 2022 fit in with that year’s annual meeting

They announced an (by that time) exclusive Monster Hunter game for Switch.

That's kinda big enough to warrant a mention in a meeting, 'cause MonHun games bring that sales.

👃

Not really a ton of concrete "there's no way X isn't there" kind of predictions in this one tbh but eh, at least it's something to talk about that isn't "where's the bird?"

To sorta sum up most of what they touch on:
  • Mario&Luigi remake to finish the hat trick of RPG Mario games getting remade (they suggest Partners in Time since it got skipped on the 3ds and Paper Mario skipped 64 to remake TTYD instead); bring up the possibility of Grezzo as a possible dev for it
  • Jon seems to know Grezzo isn't doing Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, so them doing a Zelda project is discussed; Oracle remakes are discussed, they're hoping it'd be a brand-new game
  • some kind of new Game&Watch Gallery, they think NDcube would be a good fit for it and could be along the same caliber of Nintendo World Championship NES Edition in terms of scope
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD2D (possibly now DQ HD2D trilogy); hoping that if it somehow isn't releasing this year, they'll announce ports of some of the other games in the meantime like 4/5/6 or 7&8. Jon wants to see Dragon Quest Builders 3
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • NSO updates; discuss possibility of a new system like Turbografx or Master System, and how there's still interesting things they could add from the N64/GBA libraries
  • Fantasian, other Apple Arcade games like Hello Kitty and Bomberman
  • Kid Icarus Uprising (Jon: "My gut says Uprising probably isn't happening now, but the chances aren't zero")
  • Prime 4 or more Prime remasters; wonder what MercurySteam would be working on now and whether it'd be Metroid 6, a new remake, or a Samus Returns port
  • Kirby: they bring up the idea of a Forgotten Land sequel, a spin-off (Jon wants a Kirby RPG), or a remaster of one of the 3DS games
  • Wario Land
  • the long-rumored-to-be-finished FE4 remake
  • probably nothing from MonolithSoft until Switch 2, except maybe Project X Zone
  • possible Bandai-Namco remasters (Xenosaga, Pac-Man World 2 mentioned)
  • Jon brings up a Resident Evil classic collection; Derrick mentions other possible retro collections like Castlevania DS or Mega Man Legends. Discuss more ports of old Capcom fighting games like Capcom vs SNK (following on the SF6 DLC news), Marvel vs Capcom, or Powerstone
  • another Cadence of Hyrule-style "Nintendo IP outsourced to an indie dev" game (joke about a Celeste-style Ice Climber, bring up a Shin'en-made F-Zero)
  • Starfy, Golden Sun, and Custom Robo brought up as ways to continue the "reviving dead IP via compilation remakes" trend of Another Code/Famicom Detective Club/Advance Wars; they think Starfy is the likeliest of those to happen
  • new Mario Party, hoping it's a new one and not Superstars 2
  • Pushmo, also briefly touch on Dillon's Rolling Western or Boxboy as other 3DS eshop games that could benefit from getting collections
  • neither of them really expect WW/TP at this point

And @OctoSplattack Thank you again :)

Even more smoke

XbQXkbdsnNbHnzrwQ3W-LnM9g4MTY145l65OXQb_8q4.jpg

I'd rather see other Mario characters have their IPs evelated. Wario Land needs a boost over Yoshi right now. More importantly it's been way too long since the last game

All of this makes it even more weird that Innersloth didn't just keep the Among Us update information up in, at the very least, the blog post form

He smoked pikmin pipeweed. It helped unleash the crazy ideas in his brain into the games we now love.

This is also why Reggie felt like a purple pikmin. He smoked some purple pikmin leaf before that presentation.

Dylan Cuthbert even said as such

The only place in the office where they allowed Miyamoto to smoke was in the place, the area where we were. He’d light up behind us and he’s, like, smoking away. And we’re, like, programming away and we’re like, ‘Oh, is he back again?’ So we’d be trying to implement something quite interesting, and then he just starts talking about trees or something, or, you know, just something completely out there. But we realized after a while that that’s actually the reason why he’s so much a creative genius. It’s because his brain is kind of thinking about all these different things at the same time.

I believe (if I remember correctly) one of the games that Ubisoft showed in their presentation also has an extended look coming out in Tuesday as well. I doubt that is Direct bound but it just makes everything happening on the 18th so much weird. Maybe it's because of the holiday?

Edit: The game is Anno 117: Pax Romana

I'd rather see other Mario characters have their IPs evelated. Wario Land needs a boost over Yoshi right now. More importantly it's been way too long since the last game
I agree, I just found it strange to say they want a new Kirby game when we have had a lot, and then "I'm Yoshi'd out" when we haven't had one since 2019.

They announced an (by that time) exclusive Monster Hunter game for Switch.

That's kinda big enough to warrant a mention in a meeting, 'cause MonHun games bring that sales.
Sorry, I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. I meant how it fit in timing-wise, relative to that year’s annual meeting.

And MH was announced in a partner direct in 2020 in August or September.

I agree, I just found it strange to say they want a new Kirby game when we have had a lot, and then "I'm Yoshi'd out" when we haven't had one since 2019.
They probably know HAL isn't stopping with Kirby games. Also the recent Kirby games have been better than Yoshi titles.

The only thing is, if this stuff is in the Direct, if Nintendo would OK their early tease?

I mean, these teases aren't really revealing anything which could be telling and it's weird that they are teases and not full reveals. Similarly, it's still weird that the Among Us stuff wasn't done in a same fashion and was just wiped from existence. The most doomer side of me is thinking about what if the Direct date wasn't actually solidified and they had to move it to later this month but these announcements couldn't wait so they are being announced when the Direct would've been? I don't know how realistic that is though and, like I said, is probably me being extremely doomer... Only time will tell, we'll know by Monday!!

Besides Metroid Prime 4, are there any already-announced games that need important updates? I feel like we're looking at a blank slate for the rest of 2024 right now.

Besides Metroid Prime 4, are there any already-announced games that need important updates? I feel like we're looking at a blank slate for the rest of 2024 right now.
Only one I can think of is Pokemon Legends Z-A, which can easily skip the show since we don't know it's release timing beyond 2025. If it's earlier 2025 (like Legends Arceus) I could definitely see something here, but if not the Pokemon company likes to do their own thing.

They have had directs the same week as a release. June 13, 2017 was their e3 show, June 16 Arms released. I’m sure there are others but I don’t feel like going down that rabbit hole lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom