• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, expecting DQ HD2D, Bravely something, Fantasian port (published by SE). And one more thing, either something out of the left field or another port. Nier Replicant maybe ? I heard Automota did well on Switch.
Nier automata was surprisingly really good on Switch. Just finished the game yesterday.

The bird is never late. Nor are they early. They arrive precisely when they mean to.
y3qAEg.gif

How I would’ve loved to see the universe where furukawa never “leaked” a june direct on twitter
The meltdowns and paranoia here would have been incredible

« Direct Mini for sure »
« Nintendo doesn’t need a direct this year »
« We just had Princess Peach, Paper Mario, my backlog is too long we can wait till September »
« Switch 2 is coming Nintendo doesn’t have more games to show »
« I’m fine with another Partners direct »

orangutan_square.jpg

Last edited:
That’s not true, my friend. I’ve been very clear in saying that I have no information on Prime 4, like here (post from February) and here (post from April). I once speculated that Prime 4 could be this year because it’d fit in neatly in-between what I do know of Nintendo’s upcoming schedule.

I do not at all mean to be rude - much love to you for even giving a shit about what I say, truly -, but stuff like this is why I’m always striving to be careful with what I say. If even members in here end up jumping a few steps ahead, I have no idea wha stuff the internet outside these walls can come up with, haha.

I’m being reticent about further info on the Direct date for that same reason. I do have more info today than I did on Monday, but I’m not 100% on any particular date, so I’ll just chill.
I’m very glad that both of the posts your linked about Metroid Prime 4 were from me

Nier automata was surprisingly really good on Switch. Just finished the game yesterday.
Yeah, given the quality of the port, I think they can do a Replicant port. It would also be cool to create a offline Reincarnation port now that the mobile version is dead but that doesn't seem likely.

They could also show SaGa Frontier 2 remaster but that would basically be a SE Direct, that seems too much lol
Can they announce the date already ?!

It's not about being impossible... it just makes absolutelly zero sense and would disrespect Thracia which is a full own game with it's own identity. It's as making a Bloodborne remake and sell a Dark Souls 1 remake as DLC. Or make Wind Waker remake a DLC of the Skyward Sword remake.
I would also like these other things you mentioned.

Sorry I have too much free time right now lol
I tried to gather the hints on Era for SE presence at the Direct and so far it seems we could see :
DQ HD2D, new CBU3 game (those 2 definitely happening, apparently) and maybe SaGa Frontier 2 (this one was less obvious).
This don't come from Midori btw

Sorry I have too much free time right now lol
I tried to gather the hints on Era for SE presence at the Direct and so far it seems we could see :
DQ HD2D, new CBU3 game (those 2 definitely happening, apparently) and maybe SaGa Frontier 2 (this one was less obvious).
This don't come from Midori btw
Isn't CBU3 the team that makes FF14 and 16, I don't think their next game is coming anytime soon (plus, I don't think it's coming to Nintendo consoles at all)

How I would’ve loved to see the universe where furukawa never “leaked” a june direct on twitter
The meltdowns and paranoia here would have been incredible
Furukawa robbed us of so much fun.

But he'll be the Nintendo president to deliver us Metroid Prime 4, the Super Nintendo Switch, and other cool stuff, so I'll forgive him.

Furukawa robbed us of so much fun.

But he'll be the Nintendo president to deliver us Metroid Prime 4, the Super Nintendo Switch, and other cool stuff, so I'll forgive him.
Excited seeing how he’ll handle the transitional period of the Switch, since everything I’ve heard of him, it seems he’ll deliver.

Since the most important aspect is that he mentioned that Nintendo has always had rocky transition and said he’ll want Switch to Switch 2 to be smooth, which gives me confidence.

Furukawa learned from the best, of course he's able to deliver and motivate the company to do so too.

Isn't CBU3 the team that makes FF14 and 16, I don't think their next game is coming anytime soon (plus, I don't think it's coming to Nintendo consoles at all)
It seems to be a port of Fantasian. YoshiP actually said recently they were working on 2 new games soon to be announced. The second one might be the FFT remake

Isn't Fantasian by Mistwalker and not Square though?
Yeah I was wondering where this is coming from. Fantasian is an original project for Apple Arcade by Mistwalker who also own the publishing rights for the game, Square has no involvement in it whatsoever.

If Fantasian truly were to come to other systems, it would be through Mistwalker themselves or potentially a smaller third party.

This is tough direct to predict for. We really have no idea what Nintendo has left in the pipeline for Switch other than Pokemon Legends ZA and Prime 4. With the going theory that Switch 2 was delayed out of this holiday due to software I don't believe they have a massive core game this holiday for Switch1. I think Mario Party is likely but not sure on any other brand new games. I'm sure there will be some surprises and remasters coming but we will have to see.

This is tough direct to predict for. We really have no idea what Nintendo has left in the pipeline for Switch other than Pokemon Legends ZA and Prime 4. With the going theory that Switch 2 was delayed out of this holiday due to software I don't believe they have a massive core game this holiday for Switch1. I think Mario Party is likely but not sure on any other brand new games. I'm sure there will be some surprises and remasters coming but we will have to see.

This is where a port like Zelda or SMG2 would come in handy.

Are GVG usually in the know on Direct dates? Like, could this be a hint it’s coming next week as well?
GVG Is usually a very professional and reliable outlet with contacts in the industry. Can't Say It they know something about the upcoming direct

Jon is misremembering the Forever Entertainment financial disclosure in this podcast.

This is what Forever said.

"Details of the agreement have been shared in a new report filed today, 22nd June; it notes that Forever Entertainment will be granted "significant financial support from Nintendo... to release several titles on Nintendo Switch." Release dates for these games "will be communicated in separate ongoing reports.""

Jon remembers this as Forever being given Nintendo IPs to remake, but the more likely explanation is Nintendo deciding to moneyhat Front Mission 1 and 2 for some bizarre reason as Front Mission 1 and 2 were timed exclusives for the Switch.

after looking over the trailer, its very brief, but it is pretty clearly for switch...
It's really on Tuesday after all and Pyoro is just silent for other reasons. Fuck.

For the record, I'm not mad about the lack of leaks, I just hoped that meant there wouldn't be a Direct on Tuesday. Guess I'll have to download it and watch it on my flight and avoid forum spoilers then.

Nintendo: "On June 18th, tune in for a Nintendo Direct livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information on Nintendo Switch games releasing in 2024."

Famiboards: "Are we sure this is real? Pyoro hasn't tweeted anything yet…"

However, if Direct is on June 18th, considering that people believe he has connections with Nintendo staff. So now he must be very close to the content. Perhaps he is just waiting for his friend who works at Nintendo to leave the company.

With the Switch layout in the Among Us trailer, I will say that the trailer in the Direct from September 2023 had Switch controls fully throughout it and then Innersloth uploaded it with a neutral control scheme so maybe it isn't as indicative

When the Switch layout in the Among Us trailer, I will say that the trailer in the Direct from September 2023 had Switch controls fully throughout it and then Innersloth uploaded it with a neutral control scheme so maybe it isn't as indicative
throughout the rest of the trailer, there are no button prompts. so it seems to be a bit of an oversight. here it is btw, shows up about 20 seconds in. can tell its for switch cuz xbox and ps use RB/LB and R1/L1
image.png

I could also see Pyoro taking a step back this time around because Nintendo already said they will be having a Direct! With the Partner Showcase earlier this year, while they confirmed it was happening five days before it aired, they only teased announcements three days before. Also, just in general, with the last June Direct, they teased those announcements two days before (and even teased Pikmin 1+2 after the announcement of the Direct)! Again, we may or may not have a Direct next week but Pyoro (if they want to post this time around) can start posting at any moment they feel appropriate!!

Edit: When I say they confirmed it was happening five days before, I'm speaking about Pyoro!

Last edited:
throughout the rest of the trailer, there are no button prompts. so it seems to be a bit of an oversight. here it is btw, shows up about 20 seconds in. can tell its for switch cuz xbox and ps use RB/LB and R1/L1
image.png
Maybe a tinfoil hat theory just to go along with the Direct theory but maybe they were filming the version for the Direct and the normal version and, like you said, it was just an oversight haha :)

even if this is an error, i think it doesnt point away from sus theory. this shows that they have a version of the trailer with switch UI that they likely accidentally included footage of when meaning to make a more platform agnostic one

He normally posts a while ahead of time. Leaking a few days or hours in advance kinda defeats the whole purpose of getting clout.
Pyoro doesnt seem an account working on clout. Also seeing them share stuff on sunday or monday could still be possible.

Even if that really was an oversight, knowing that Among Us content has been featured in Directs before (and released same day, at least the last one was), the 18th just seems like an extremely specific date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom