• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is now the spoiler thread, then:

1. The thread won't die tomorrow, meaning Helga Pataki was wrong
2. I'm heading out now, see you all again soon!

I think his point is clearly that there will be no Nintendo Direct next week.

Yeah, I think he's taunting Nate/Brazil/etc by saying there's no Nintendo Direct this week because Nintendo hasn't uploaded stuff to the eShop yet.

We will see what happens. Nintendo may have found a way to stop back-end web scraping or at least hide titles being featured in the Direct.

My first thought whenever Pyoro starts tweeting is “ah jeez I better try and go into spoiler-free mode, I love being surprised during Directs”

My second thought is always “ok screw it give me the riddles 👀

I wonder if writing it transliterated is a purposeful decision. Like, perhaps the way doko is written in Japanese in that specific sentence doesn't match how the do in Donkey and ko in Kong is written, but in English of course it does. This is copium and I just want to see Donkey Kong

The Midori reference 🤣

Pyoro is entertaining and doesn’t outright ruin the Directs (for me anyway) so if we have to have a leaker I’m glad it’s them.

GQM4F9SW8AACZ0K

would be refreshing to not get any of the announcements leaked. well, i mean besides the stuff that was leaked by ratings/etc already.

And in a very informal way too, the proper way to say what he’s saying would be:
二ンダイはどこですか (nindai wa doko desu ka?)

Possibly a dig at Midori’s fake-broken English?
So that confirms he‘s Japanese? I knew that disappointment was imminent. Now he inevitably will tell us he‘s a Japanese Game Designer in his 70s working at Nintendo. Internet isn’t what used to be…

… goodbye, bird!/s obviously

So that confirms he‘s Japanese? I knew that disappointment was imminent. Now he inevitably will tell us he‘s a Japanese Game Designer in his 70s working at Nintendo. Internet isn’t what used to be…

… goodbye, bird!/s obviously
That's terrible information. Turns out the bird was Shigeru Miyamoto.

maybe him writing it in Japanese is another dig at Midori lmao
And in a very informal way too, the proper way to say what he’s saying would be:
二ンダイはどこですか (nindai wa doko desu ka?)

Possibly a dig at Midori’s fake-broken English?
Nah, he's tweeted in Japanese before. In september he leaked the Princess Peach Showtime name and later it's demo, but the name he leaked isn't the same as the real JP name, so he probably knew the English name and machine translated it.

(I honestly suspected both Midori and Pyoro were just larping as Japanese, and one of these got confirmed, so maybe I was onto something! Maybe now he's backing away by writing in romaji and taking jabs at midori, who knows...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom