• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing will ever be as high as the people who want TWW/TP HD.

NOTHING.
post-31-12766106274.jpg

Nate ain’t a leaker and that’s quite pejorative to reduce his work to this title especially from you, let’s not forget that a leaker is a criminal in the eyes of the law.
Citation needed. What law is being broken, and where?

If someone is employed by a company to do a job, and leaks its secrets online, or leaks the secrets of other companies their employer would like to reassure about data security, for sure they may be called in for a chat with HR about their career and gross misconduct. But that isn’t a crime. It might be breach of their employment contract.

If a leaker themselves isn’t employed by anyone but repeating the info from someone who is, they aren’t liable for anything (although If they are smart they’ll protect their sources or find out they won’t have one for long because of the above).

On a far, far more serious level than game advertisement release dates or whatever, whistleblowing about company abusive practices or speaking to journalists isn’t either, just because the company in question may find it extremely inconvenient or embarrassing. It’s for sure different if you are a public sector worker leaking national secrets for cash rather than whistleblowing in the public interest. But there’s a huge difference between ‘you or your source might get fired if you do this, regardless of your intentions’, and ‘this is illegal in either a civil or criminal court’.

Last edited:
While she's probably referring to Era, let's not pretend we haven't seen rude behaviour towards insiders, even in this very thread. Like folks maybe stop getting heated about leaks for video game commercials and go for a walk.
I’ve been saying this for like the past 50 pages. Let’s not act like this is only era, because a lot of the comments she referenced that made her feel uncomfortable were repeated near bar-for-bar from this thread.

While Era took it way too far, the sheer abrasiveness towards her on this forum definitely contributed towards this as well.

If Among Us was planned as a random upload, they'd probably just admit the leak instead of trying to scrub it. Points to it being part of a contract arrangement...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut we've been wrong about this line of reasoning before!

reading over that era thread... seriously uncomfortable how people are acting about her. not a fan at all. theres skepticism and theres whatever they're doing over there.

EDIT - seems its stretched into actual harassment now too.

That's actually disgusting. Why are people like this?

Y'all we should ignore Midori and stop talking about her. I mean, we should just have some fun instead of being kinda petty with a leaker, it's getting cringe and speculation about the Direct shouldn't be about this. Like, should we care if she's wrong? It's been a few pages & days already where I see the exact same users distrusting her, it's okay, we don't have to trust any leaker. To be honest her track record is perfect with ATLUS/SEGA stuff, let's see what happens with the rest but it's rather unproductive to be hating everyday on the same person. IMO if her info was made-up why would she drop codenames which are easily verifiable, even if it's in the far-future. She could play it safe being vague, she's not doing that, I prefer that. And pretending Live a Live 2 is an easy catch... uh, I don't agree I mean, there's games that sold way more than that one and don't have sequels. Also, about leakers we should remember what happened to King Zell and others who left because stuff like this, we should be more chill

On another note, I also expect this Direct to blow our minds! Last year, I was amazed with Mario RPG, Princess Peach Showtime and even Luigi's Mansion 2. Didn't expect that much stuff! I'm very excited to play FE4, hope they don't censor it

Edit: Also hi! I've been following this for more than a year and never registered! Now I did!
I’ve been saying this for like the past 50 pages. Let’s not act like this is only era, because a lot of the comments she referenced that made her feel uncomfortable were repeated near bar-for-bar from this thread.

While Era took it way too far, the sheer abrasiveness towards her on this forum definitely contributed towards this as well.
I agree, some people pretend they haven't been extremely weirdos with her over here. People shouldn't try to have a weird parasocial relationship with leakers, they don't owe us anything & although they could potentially be comitting a crime sharing stuff (they don't lol), we are the ones they're feeding info to, we are the reason those leakers exist; let's not be hypocrite. That doesn't even justify people tries to talk to her friends and try to discover her identity. I already told you what would happen since this happened with EVERY reputable Nintendo leaker/insider/whatever you wanna call it. Even Nate has been treated kinda badly over here lately cause some of you want to know the date of a marketing livestream... They're human beings, it's not valid to be angry at them or even worse just for a Direct. It's sad this happened so many times, yet it still happens and it becomes even worse than the last time. We lost Zell, we lost Emily Rogers, let's chill a bit & respect those people. Sorry to "throw some shade", don't wanna this thread to become negative since it's about speculation but it's a fact she was reading Famiboards & some users were very petty. A lot of people should reconsider their toxic relationship with their favorite videogame company cause that's way far from normal. Now, let's wish doesn't happen again and let's speculate in a good vibe y'all!

Reading the last few pages ... why do you always get kinda weird when the EU folks sleep?

Okay who let this casual join this board!?

;D <3
This is true

I’m reading up on all this shit and I’m like; why do people invest so much time in all of this?

Whenever the Direct happens, I'm just excited for it and thankful to all the people who provide leaks and teases to encourage discussion.

I agree, some people pretend they haven't been extremely weirdos with her over here. [shortened]
Just wanted to add my signature to this. I see a lot of deflection in these past few posts but the environment here is not welcoming to the people we rely on for information/teases/whatever. Crazy how everyone is supposedly so nice and respectful until it comes time to treat leakers like people. It's all demands and snarky comments about people's reliability and worth. We're willing to entertain the fakest of leaks, but when we have someone with a proven track record that's actually willing to engage with the community, we start holding them up to the highest standards as if they owe us anything. It's honestly just sad.

Whenever the Direct happens, I'm just excited for it and thankful to all the people who provide leaks and teases to encourage discussion. [shortened]
Honestly, speculating is SO MUCH FUN! For real, it's even better when we see Nintendo is in another level cause they never reveal what we expected and instead they surprise us with incredible new stuff. I'll never forget Mario Wonder and Mario RPG Remake coming out of nowhere, such an amazing time. And when Pyoro came out and dropped all of those impossible predictions, that was a blast! We should be thankful with those who spice up all the speculation around here, makes it worth to be on a forum

I really dislike insiders/leakers a lot, but the only thing I do is leave the forum and/or social media for a few days when they start leaking stuff - people insulting, harassing and apparently trying to dox them are just despicable.

---
Anyways on the topic of the Direct - I was one of the more optimistic people on here about it's quality, but the more stuff that I expect to show up piles up the more I start doubting. I'm now expecting Among Us, DQ3 (or 123), Beyond Good and Evil (since it didn't show up in Ubisoft's event), the 2 Marvelous games (launching this year but they didn't give a lot of info in their own showcase and said we would learn more soon).
These are all fine on their own, but they are known stuff that could've been detailed on their own terms, I want more new announcements when watching these types of presentations.

We memed on her a little because leaking codenames, specially right when she posted them and before they were linked to franchises, is the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to info.

"Nintendo is making a new Mario game" Oh really?

There's been some more interesting ones but it's understandable why people would be frustrated with that, specially with how prevalent leakers and insiders have become in the last couple of years and how their every word is treated as gospel.
I mean, it's understandable if you don't care about her info but getting frustrated isn't understandable to me, IMHO we shouldn't normalize that kind of behavior.

Going by the past, if the direct is next week we should start seeing some leaks from the bird pretty soon.
If it's really next Tuesday I think we should have leaks starting Friday or so. Hope they don't leak anything tho

Went back and looked at Pyoros post history. They almost always tweet six days in advance. So we'll probably hear from them tomorrow if it's on the 18th.

Went back and looked at Pyoros post history. They almost always tweet six days in advance. So we'll probably hear from them tomorrow if it's on the 18th.

Pyoro should stay silent as a protest against people getting doxxed and similar. Even if it "hurts" those who aren't doing such despicable things.

Pyoro should stay silent as a protest against people getting doxxed and similar. Even if it "hurts" those who aren't doing such despicable things.
Unfortunately, that would just make people even more angry. I've seen how some people act about leakers here, they won't change because someone else stopped leaking, they would celebrate it instead.

I will be very mad with Nintendo if I have to miss an amazing football game between two random EU countries to watch the Direct next week.
The Direct will still be there after the game is done. Go enjoy the game and have fun with the Direct after. You’ll live.

Direct to consumer marketing is never worth disrupting real life over. Nor is “trying to be part of the conversation”.

Pyoro being caught or quitting would be highkey the best thing that could happen in a Direct for me.

Koizumi straight up pulls off his face right after the announcement that it's time for one last thing and reveals that it was a mask all along and there's a Pyoro face underneath

"well, what did you think?" the translator asks the audience with a poorly disguised hint of fear in his voice

We are locking this thread while we examine reports and the overall attitude on display across the last few pages.

— MissingNo., BassForever, meatbag, Tangerine_Cookie, Zellia

Staff Communication 2024/06/11 New
Staff Communication
Hi everyone,

Direct Speculation is supposed to be fun. The overall attitude put on display across the last few pages by some in this thread, however, is decidedly not.

Some of our members have chosen to share information they’ve had access to with our community at large in the past. However, those members don’t owe you anything. If they don’t want to share information they have at this moment, they don’t have to. They also don’t have to explain to you why they don’t want to. They are neither lesser members of our community, nor elevated ones, and they should not be treated any differently just because they may have access to information others don’t.

The sheer sense of entitlement put on display by some, pestering fellow community members for information and getting needlessly confrontational when they choose not to share it, is quite frankly embarrassing for our community as a whole. We have actioned past instances of this sort of behaviour, and going forward, similar infractions will be treated even more rigorously now that we have made our stance on this unambiguously clear.

Then there's the situation surrounding Midori. Making light of harassment and doxxing of her and her friends is repulsive, and the attempts to stoke cross-site drama over which forum she was referring to in her tweet across several posts is not welcome. Once again, members of our community can absolutely not be treated this way, regardless of whether they have access to inside information or not. Further attempts to shift the discourse in that direction will be met with swift and appropriate action.

We will be reopening this thread shortly, but are leaving it locked for now to give this staff post the appropriate exposure.

– MissingNo., BassForever, big lantern ghost, Dardan Sandiego, Dragoncaine, meatbag, Party Sklar, Tangerine_Cookie, Zellia

Re: Zelda HD Remasters - I’m convinced they’ll be crossgen and utilited to satiate the need of frequent Zelda titles as the release year for Switch 2!Zelda comes around. I think the game will be out in 2028, so:
• 2025 - WW HD
• 2026 - TP HD or new Hyrule Warriors
• 2027 - Hyrule Warriors or TP HD
• 2028 - Switch 2 Zelda

P.S. I doubt were getting a graphical remake of Twilight Princess, and an Ocarina of Time remake. It’s wishful thinking that has penetrated the speculative discussion

Re: Zelda HD Remasters - I’m convinced they’ll be crossgen and utilited to satiate the need of frequent Zelda titles as the release year for Switch 2!Zelda comes around. I think the game will be out in 2028, so:
• 2025 - WW HD
• 2026 - TP HD or new Hyrule Warriors
• 2027 - Hyrule Warriors or TP HD
• 2028 - Switch 2 Zelda

P.S. I doubt were getting a graphical remake of Twilight Princess, and an Ocarina of Time remake. It’s wishful thinking that has penetrated the speculative discussion
I forgot to mention that I believe they’ll be crossgen because the ports can take advantage of the Switch 2’s power, essentially giving us a choice between a Switch version, and a Switch 2 version with performance and graphical differences

I feel like we have waited so long for the WW and TP switch port that unless its 30 bucks i'm not interested in it anymore.
Highest I'd be willing to go is like $40-45 each. My GCN Twilight Princess disc corrupted after the Bridge of Eldin joust when I was a kid, so I'd love to essentially experience that game for the first time again. I really like Wind Waker, but it's not my favorite 3D Zelda and I've played it enough to most likely hold off...?

But who knows, in reality they probably announce both at full retail price and I immediately preorder lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom