• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
fhhFGAq.png

That sickening feeling when you're about to get a brand new Nintendo game to play but there's no new Direct to distract you from playing that game.

That sickening feeling when you're about to get a brand new Nintendo game to play but there's no new Direct to distract you from playing that game.
Nah, you know what will happen. You’ll get halfway through TTYD and then we will get a Direct with a shadow drop, so you get to decide if you want to leave a game half finished or experience FOMO over Prime 2 or whatever drops.

Whenever I think about Paper Zelda, I feel immense joy because there's so much potential in there. Then I feel tremendous sadness because I know it'll never happen.

Think about how Paper Zelda could finally be an RPG ending that eternal discussion, only to then stop being an RPG starting another eternal discussion

DK confirmed for Fire Emblem.
This lord's got class
So listen up guys
His movement range
Has enormous size
His power level
Can't be any higher
Even if he's still
(Spoiler) Rather weak to fire
If you choose him
You won't grow bored
With a slash and a stab
He's one cool lord!

Sigurd.jpg

That Fire Emblem game has been rumored for sooooo long. I feel so confident that now is the perfect time for the announcement. It’s a game that makes sense to release at the end of the hardware. Nintendo been holding it to fill out the second half

That Fire Emblem game has been rumored for sooooo long. I feel so confident that now is the perfect time for the announcement. It’s a game that makes sense to release at the end of the hardware. Nintendo been holding it to fill out the second half
IS releasing a Fire Emblem remake near the end of a console's lifespan? Like that's ever happened.

.....except for the last three remakes.

Could be worse however. It's not like they released FE5 for the Super Famicom in 1999 or released FE10 in North America less than a week before Super Mario Galaxy, right?........right?

Also i need my Twilight Princess pls!!!!

Nintendo. Give me Fire Emblem 4 remake now.

Or suffer the consequences. I will do it. That’s right.

I might not pre-order switch 2 on launch! Don’t tempt me.

If I have one hope for this Direct, it's that it clears out a fair number of those "we've been hearing whispers about it forever, where the heck is it" games

FE4 remake, WW/TP ports, Prime 2/3 remasters and the ever-elusive Prime 4, probably something else I'm forgetting. If the next direct has like even 2 of those, I'll take it as a massive win just so we won't still be speculating about all of these usual suspects going into the next direct

Wonder if we'll also get a FE5 remake like a year after FE4R 🤔 2024 FE4R followed by 2025 FE5R and 2027 original Switch 2 entry would be awesome.

Just Luigi’s Mansion 2 and Nintendo World Championship on the schedule now…

Personally not interested in revisiting Luigi’s Mansion 2 and NWC which I am excited for is a small eshop game so really hoping the Direct comes sooner than later. I think we have a show to be excited about so that’s cool.

We had that huge Mario drought for over a year where all we had was Strikers. They had to make up for lost Mario time. Only expecting two Mario’s at most in the next show.

We had that huge Mario drought for over a year where all we had was Strikers. They had to make up for lost Mario time. Only expecting two Mario’s at most in the next show.
If you're talking about 2022, we also had Mario + Rabbids and Mario Kart DLC that year. There's never been a Mario drought.

If you're talking about 2022, we also had Mario + Rabbids and Mario Kart DLC that year. There's never been a Mario drought.
Not full games to be clear! Which is what I responded to.

The Booster Course Pass is otherwise one of my favorite Mario experiences of all time.

But Mario + Rabbids was a full game? I'm a bit confused.
I confused myself here and misread your prior post. What I was trying to jokingly refer to was the big gap when we didn’t get anything announced between Mario Strikers and then the big Mario deluge we got with Mario Wonder, Mario RPG, Peach, and Luigi’s Mansion. Mario Rabbids 2 was announced prior to Strikers.

Yeah actual release timeline was Mario Strikers, then Mario and Rabbids 2, then Mario Wonder. I completely forgot Rabbids 2 released when it did and was thus only thinking of the DLC then.

Sorry!

Last edited:
At this point I would rather they just wait for Switch 2 for TP and WW, that way there is a better chance we get the games running at 60 (unless we do get some sort of next gen upgrade system).

For me the first week is the most likely, June 5 is a safe bet. I think they'll reveal Switch 2 at the end of the month.
Summer Games Fest is on the 7th, so first week is probably not happening. Same for the second week with Xbox's event. 19th feels like the best possible time to do it.

Is it more likely that the direct will be the first week of June or last week of June?
Definitely not the last week because Luigi's Mansion 2 HD releases then. So first week would be more likely to me. (Looking logically tho penultimate week of June seems most likely, but that doesn't fit very well for me personally :[ )

Back
Top Bottom