• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
default-large.jpg
I just came back into my room and saw this commercial on my TV.
I think this is some sort of cosmic sign confirming what kind of Direct is incoming.

A Battalion Wars Direct? That's great, and in line with Wii remaster rumors!!!

Here’s a question for folks:

Do you think we get any NSO updates during the Direct? I know they’ve got N64 games and GBA games announced that aren’t out yet, but do you think there’s anything they want to add to the “Coming Soon” list? Maybe a new console like PC-Engine?

Yamashita (Switch Sports Director): The project started a while after the Nintendo Switch system was released. Mr. Koizumi (2) called me and requested the development of a Nintendo Switch title in the Wii Sports series. And that’s how the project started.

Nintendo Switch was launched on April 29th, the birthday of Yoshiaki Koizumi.

What if? Amano (new 2D mario Director) the project started when Mr. Tezuka called me and requested the development of a new sidescrolling Mario game. Tezuka's birthday is on November 17th that's Friday this year. New 2D Mario releases on November 17th.

Do you think we get any NSO updates during the Direct? I know they’ve got N64 games and GBA games announced that aren’t out yet, but do you think there’s anything they want to add to the “Coming Soon” list? Maybe a new console like PC-Engine?
"I know you're all waiting for Metroid Prime 4... unfortunately we're not quite ready to show it yet, I ask you to just wait a little more! In the meantime, here's Metroid Zero Mission on Nintendo Switch Online, available later today! We will also implement a patch that makes it possible for people owning Metroid Prime Remaster to unlock the Fusion suit."

So it sounds like Fire Emblem SNES and a 2D Mario are locks for this Direct? Bit annoying with FE as they won’t likely show many remasters in one Direct and that would take one slot.
If the leaker is to be believed, it seems like it's Super Mario RPG remake.

2D mario is being announced in the direct.

as in, the 2D version of The Super Mario Bros Movie will be available on the Switch Eshop right after the direct.

I'm sorry for bringing up Zippo, but has anyone seen this yet? What the fuck?
image0.png
that's interesting cause someone here last year said that Zippo had a blog post with some slurs in it after he got banned from era I think. That's kinda why I don't like him but I haven't seen any proof.

About the rumored Super Mario RPG remake, i've seen people say that they think it'll be a HD2D remake. Why HD2D? I'm just curious.

So it sounds like Fire Emblem SNES and a 2D Mario are locks for this Direct? Bit annoying with FE as they won’t likely show many remasters in one Direct and that would take one slot.
It would be a full remake, not a remaster. And take one slot from what? A Genealogy remake is not some throwaway shovelware thing.

I'm sorry for bringing up Zippo, but has anyone seen this yet? What the fuck?
image0.png
In defense of Zippo, rgt85 did take a pot shot at them and Lukas in that podcast. Now I would be a hypocrite if I didn't acknowledge that I also have criticized Zippo here and other places, but I'm a no name on a form who tries to only says "don't take Zippo seriously" when others quote them. I wouldn't bring them up unprompted in a podcast/video just to pot shot at them, especially if I have a much larger audience.

Here we go again.
Why do I always think that everytime that gamexplain uploads a video with a thumbnail of captain falcon, there's a major Nintendo reveal coming, if the thumbnail says there won't be no F-Zero, this means we're not getting F-Zero reveals at all.
EDIT:
I've changed my mind

That thumbnail of this video did kinda say that F-Zero will not come back but during the reveal of the leaked game in February direct we did got a F-Zero related reveal.
I guess my hopes for F-Zero GX remaster being revealed is pumping up now.

Thanks for editing it out, but just for future reference, could you stop tagging insiders please, as it just encourages others to do it too.

I think if NSO gets anything it'll be a new 99 game (Dr Mario? F Zero?) and perhaps more games for a loose roadmap for the Expansion Pack.

But that stuff could easily wait till September, with multiple N64 and GBA titles already confirmed.

INB4 we get a Mario Party Superstars Pass Update like with Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass, or a new one considering all the Mario stuff we might be getting, this might be a bit more of a Mario centric direct within a general considering they are still riding hype with the movie.

I think if NSO gets anything it'll be a new 99 game (Dr Mario? F Zero?) and perhaps more games for a loose roadmap for the Expansion Pack.

But that stuff could easily wait till September, with multiple N64 and GBA titles already confirmed.
ok but what if on that loose roadmap was like

air zonk

The monkey's paw is going to curl and the 2D Mario title will have the visual aesthetic of the movie and be voiced by Chris Pratt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Back
Top Bottom