• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just happened to pop up the day after RGT85 criticized Zippo for the endless rumormongering on the Spawncast this Saturday. Throughout the podcast they repeatedly said Nate might appear, so Zippo was probably listening in to piggyback on any Nate teases and instead gets insulted by RGT85, hence the blog post.
lol

Zippo W revoked

Mario Metroidvania?
My pitch for a 2D Mario renaissance that reinvents the franchise while still being undoubtely Mario would be mixing the fast-paced gameplay of New Super Luigi U and the tight and non-stopping plataforming adventure of Celeste with the wackiness you would find in Super Mario Maker. For me at least, that would be a perfect 2D Mario game.

I'm sorry for bringing up Zippo, but has anyone seen this yet? What the fuck?
image0.png

TFW you know all of these people.

breaking-bad-jesse-pinkman.gif

What if the SNES classic remake and the SMT Complete Edition are the same rumor and it's actually a remake of SMT1?

A Super Mario RPG Remake would be insane to me. That does feel like a “Oh wow is this actually happening” announcement, but it also makes some sense too. I remember when Link’s Awakening for Switch was announced, my mind immediately went to “Man, they should really do that with SMRPG.”

I have so many fond memories of renting that from my local game store in the 90’s. I sucked at the game but was always so interested in it because it was so different from World and All Stars.

I do hope it is true. The game is still absent from NSO - a part of me wonders if that’s maybe a reason why.

Let them bring [Donkey Kong] '94 to NSO first, I've heard so much good about it I want to give it a go

Let me add onto the hype pile and say that it's the best Game Boy game I've played.

It would be a great addition to NSO!

What if the SNES classic remake and the SMT Complete Edition are the same rumor and it's actually a remake of SMT1?
Hey, I love this idea! They need to modernize the game though, first two SMT games are pretty unbalanced.

Opener: Fire Emblem: The Holy War
Midpoint: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Definitive Edition
Closer: The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is now in development

It shouldn't be surprising to see multiple Nintendo titles confirmed in a June Direct.

Between the February 2023, September 2022 Directs and TGA combined we had four titles announced (Metroid Prime Remastered, Kirby's Return to Dreamland DX, Fire Emblem Engage, Bayonetta Origins). By way of comparison, the February 2022 Direct alone confirmed four Nintendo titles plus the timed exclusive Live Alive. Go back to February and June 2021 for further Directs were four or five titles were confirmed at a time (maybe more, in February 2021's case?). Those three Directs were all announcement heavy because Nintendo's confirmed software slate was thin, like now.

That doesn't mean go in expecting every rumour to be true; but it does mean multiple Nintendo titles being announced is fairly likely. Maybe that includes timed or third party exclusives; maybe it includes eShop only titles; maybe there's a Pokemon spin off coming in 2023 and therefore that particular game doesn't feature.

But it's not unreasonable at this point to think that something like 3 to 5 Nintendo reveals happens.
How dare you forget about the glorious Pikmin 4 announcement ;)

In terms of Nintendo published announcements it was:

Feb 2021 - 6
June 2021 - 4
Feb 2022 - 5
A Battalion Wars Direct? That's great, and in line with Wii remaster rumors!!!
I'm so so glad I'm not the only one to think Battalion Wars.

before i found y’all, in the early switch days rgt85 was one of the people i watched for nintendo news. after i started getting my news from era, i realised he knows nothing and stopped watching. now i can’t, in good conscience, watch his videos at all because he came after our commander in chief

Here we go. The DEFINITIVE leaker has spoken

Didn't this dude predict that Metroid Prime Remastered would be shadowdropped during the February 2023 direct? Or was that someone else?

I might be alone here, but I kind of want Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door Remastered more than SMRPG HD
I'd prefer the TTYD remaster too, but two Mario RPG remakes makes me think "Porque no los dos?"

before i found y’all, in the early switch days rgt85 was one of the people i watched for nintendo news. after i started getting my news from era, i realised he knows nothing and stopped watching. now i can’t, in good conscience, watch his videos at all because he came after our commander in chief
I think he works as just one of the guys in the spawnwave podcast, but I really can't watch his own videos.
He repeats himself so many times and should hire an editor.

A lot of hipsters are posting this random moustache character who wears a red hat and blue overall that probably only their group has heard of. Starting to appear in this topic, too.

Can't wait for RGT 85's video in a few days called "We NEED to talk about that Nintendo Direct" where he just repeats every single announcement in linear order whether he has anything meaningful to say about it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom