• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're all getting our hopes up way too high.

Super Mario RPG and The Thousand-Year Door in the same Direct is "wildest dreams" territory.
Who said anything about both of them appearing?

I'm not sure, but if I'm zippo, I'm probably keeping a close eye on this thread, and a quick glance at necrolipe's comment would be enough for me
Necro has absolutely posted their own speculation/wants (being happy with any kind of direct, loving CT) alongside genuine insider info (direct this week). Not a surprise a bozo like Zippo would completely misread the tea leaves.

What would ya'll like a new 2D Mario to even be? I'd love them to fully embrace the Kotabe artstyle, but apart from that I really don't have any wishes or wants for it.

Oh, except Wario and Waluigi should be the villains, and once you beat the game, you get a second story where you can play as them instead. Yeah. That's a must.

I think we're all getting our hopes up way too high.

Super Mario RPG and The Thousand-Year Door in the same Direct is "wildest dreams" territory.
No shot it's both. Not fully convinced it's even one of them, either!

Necro has absolutely posted their own speculation/wants (being happy with any kind of direct, loving CT) alongside genuine insider info (direct this week). Not a surprise a bozo like Zippo would completely misread the tea leaves.
100% agree

Holy shit this thread is moving fast I’m struggling to keep up
If we pretend that person is real, the SNES remake is almost assuredly the rumored Fire Emblem 4 remake.
Um actually FE4 is a Super Famicom game because it never released outside of Japan 🤓

Super Mario RPG HD-2D remake for the win baybee
Would be weird to have both a new 2D Mario and a Mario RPG remake.
Would it though? They’re completely different kinds of games, there hasn’t been a Mario game release this year yet, and depending on what form it takes, a Super Mario RPG remake would probably be published by Square Enix, at least in Japan.
Forum is slowing down but this thread is speeding up.

breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

So none of you cowards want a Yoshi's Island remake?

Disgusting
How do you improve upon perfection?
2d Mario is now trending on twit

zelda-good.gif

"One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri."
--The Grinch

It’s true. I’m another man.

Its absence from NSO has always been a puzzle to me. I wasn't necessarily 100% expecting a remake, but wondered if that was an explanation for the absence.
The explanation is that Square holds partial rights to the game, and Square does not play ball with re-releases on these older title sub service programs (regardless of platform).

That's it. There is no further conspiracy.

The fact that a random Twitter account is getting this much coverage makes me think those announcements are open secrets at this point, and this is just the straw that broke the camel’s back. Don’t think we’d see this much attention if outlets didn’t already have a good idea as to whether it’s legitimate info or not.

Let's predict the Beginning, Middle and End!

Beginning:
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom DLC

Middle:
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War Echoes

End:
Metroid Prime 4

Let's predict the Beginning, Middle and End!

Beginning:
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom DLC

Middle:
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War Echoes

End:
Metroid Prime 4
If there's a new 2D Mario it's beginning or ending the event. I can't imagine a world where 2D Mario gets a normal headline. Even Mario Maker 2 got to start the direct it was announced in.

The explanation is that Square holds partial rights to the game, and Square does not play ball with re-releases on these older title sub service programs (regardless of platform).

That's it. There is no further conspiracy.
You say that as if Nintendo aren't a massive corporation with an excellent working relationship with Square who also have partial ownership of the game.

Yes, I know Square have rights to it; I'm not stupid. But it's not unreasonable to wonder if the two companies would ever be interested in remaking the game.

What? SMTV desperately needs a complete edition not to mention to be unshackled from Switch..
Yeah I'm curious how much will be added for a complete addition. SMTV allegedly went through a fairly troubled development with a lot of cut content, so a "complete edition" could be pretty hefty.

Late by a couple of hours but feel the need to drop in and say Mario Sluggers ruined the fledgling franchise before it could get started. It stood on the shoulder of a giant and shat on it.

I feel like people are a little too hostile towards Zippo honestly. People get way too nasty about him when there are people who are far worse than him out there.
Does Zippo actually have inside sources? Is he not doing the exact same thing as SamusHunter?

(I don't actually know because I don't follow stuff Zippo says at all)

My chief desire for any potential SMRPG remake: Jonathan Jones joining the party. There's stuff in the original game that suggests there was a cut sixth party member, and I love the idea that it was everyone's favourite shark pirate captain.

I feel like people are a little too hostile towards Zippo honestly. People get way too nasty about him when there are people who are far worse than him out there.
I guess you’re right, but this thing of constantly lying about stuff, year after year after year of being proven wrong and still no sign of remorse is just very annoying and disrespectful towards people who fall for this

Why are we even quoting him
I mean we literally quote everyone here that dares to say direct somewhere in the internet, regardless if they have any credibility. And there is a simple reason for that: it's sometimes fun and interesting what the usual suspects have to say because they are not always that far off (even when you can't compare it to what Nate seems to know). I know people don't want to hear it, but even Samus Hunter was not that bad, because they were really good at predicting and sometimes probably even had low key information about some marketing stuff.

Last edited:
So anyways guys, I went a little bit in the rabbit hole since I love Super Mario RPG so much.

You may or may not have heard of Kazuyuki Kurashima -- a Japanese artist who has worked for both Square and Nintendo. His most recent work was on Pokemon Scarlet / Violet, and one of the Pokemon he designed is Greavard. He was also the lead monster design on... Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Point being, if someone's source for a Greavard leak was Kazuyuki Kurashima, which seems likely given how specific it is, it also seems likely that same person might have info about a potential Super Mario RPG remake, if it were to exist. Take that as you will...

Does Zippo actually have inside sources? Is he not doing the exact same thing as SamusHunter?

(I don't actually know because I don't follow stuff Zippo says at all)

Tbh I don't follow him closely so I don't have a comprehensive overview of everything he's ever said like some people here will but we've spoken before and he shared some things that were true. He was able to prove that he does have connections including some surprisingly senior people. Not joking.

I mentioned this in another thread, but it's really weird that people continue to repost his stuff here or elsewhere, seemingly with the express purpose just to stir up shit. It doesn't lead to healthy discussion, and often feels like people are so desperate for something/anything they will still go to Zippo even while being super hostile about it. Like the guy hasn't been a member of this or previous communities in years now. I think we can safely move on if everyone thinks he is truly that bad.

Friendship ended with NateDrake, Zippo is my best friend now. Jokes aside, I find the entire back and forth about insiders tiring and unnecessary, they manage to spoil a good conversation on many occassions in a thread like this one, the speculation scene is just so... WILD.

I mentioned this in another thread, but it's really weird that people continue to repost his stuff here or elsewhere, seemingly with the express purpose just to stir up shit. It doesn't lead to healthy discussion, and often feels like people are so desperate for something/anything they will still go to Zippo even while being super hostile about it. Like the guy hasn't been a member of this or previous communities in years now. I think we can safely move on if everyone thinks he is truly that bad.
I would be fine with a ban of discussing zippo and their posts being enforced by the mods if that would ensure a better atmosphere.

Late by a couple of hours but feel the need to drop in and say Mario Sluggers ruined the fledgling franchise before it could get started. It stood on the shoulder of a giant and shat on it.
Mario Superstar Baseball is one of my all time favorite games. It was insanely fun and gave many Mario characters even more personality. DK punching baseballs instead of swinging a bat is never not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom