• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
FzAbL-EWACoLmGs

cursing this thread
Don't threaten me with a good time

Pyoro a celeb now

Here we go again.
Why do I always think that everytime that gamexplain uploads a video with a thumbnail of captain falcon, there's a major Nintendo reveal coming, if the thumbnail says there won't be no F-Zero, this means we're not getting F-Zero reveals at all.
EDIT:
I've changed my mind

That thumbnail of this video did kinda say that F-Zero will not come back but during the reveal of the leaked game in February direct we did got a F-Zero related reveal.
I guess my hopes for F-Zero GX remaster being revealed is pumping up now.

Last edited:
Here we go again.
Why do I always think that everytime that gamexplain uploads a video with a thumbnail of captain falcon, there's a major Nintendo reveal coming, if the thumbnail says there won't be no F-Zero, this means we're not getting F-Zero reveals at all.
@NateDrake Is F-Zero GX is still coming in 2023?

I wouldn't tag Nate, we try not to bother him for reassurances.

Here we go again.
Stop @ing insiders to ask for info. It's annoying as hell.

The cool thing about a new potential HD2D remake of a SNES RPG is that I don't even have a preference.

I love these games so much, I'll take anything.

Considering the facts and circumstances of the WDK's situation and this couldn't be further apart, the only lesson that wasn't learned was your ability to read up the facts before shooting off a hot take.
I'm starting to fear Waddle Dee might've damaged rumor/leak discussion more than it helped..

Here we go again.
The better question is, how did you not learn your lesson from yesterday.

Me: trying to go into a Direct with no expectations, just vibes

Also me: scours this thread for crumbs of information so I can feel something, anything

Real question is, what should I drink after Nintendoland 2 doesn't show up in the Wednesday Direct?

Just before you count the potentially leaked chickens ahead of hatching: even legitimate leaked projects can take a long while to appear. Just think about Metroid Prime Remastered, Everybody 1-2 Switch and Fire Emblem Engage.

Just because there's chat now, or even just because there's been chat for months, doesn't guarantee they're a next Direct appearance. Pyoro's stuff seems likely (given they seem reliable) simply because that's been leaked in the context of this week's Direct.
I think the first person to predict a Super Mario RPG remake was actually Arlo a while back.
Its absence from NSO has always been a puzzle to me. I wasn't necessarily 100% expecting a remake, but wondered if that was an explanation for the absence.

I'm starting to fear Waddle Dee might've damaged rumor/leak discussion more than it helped..
Literally in the gamefaqs thread where Jon made his burner account to try and get some traction, most of us over there sniffed out the ruse almost instantly (new burner account on gfaqs to link to an unknown twitter account that used the private account delete tweets trick). Despite this people on other sites ran wild despite how obvious the deception was.

Pyoro could be making this stuff up to burn through their established credibility for no reason, or they're probably giving us accurate information.

The cool thing about a new potential HD2D remake of a SNES RPG is that I don't even have a preference.

I love these games so much, I'll take anything.
Same. I love SNES games, RPGs and 2DHD. It’s going to be extremely difficult to disappoint me with anything in that general area

No one saying nothing about Prime 4. We could have all the Mario games in the world and I would still be disappointed :(
Maybe it's like how in 2019 Nintendo didn't even show gaming news websites the "Sequel to the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild" reveal trailer. It was added later and it was a total surprise for everyone.

When I die, I want this to be on my grave.:

"Who is the other fucker? Lukas? Who the fuck is that? Like c'mon".

RGT, off course, completely missing the obvious answer to "who is Lukas ?"

rs-197651-Screen-Shot-2015-05-28-at-2.00.20-PM.png

(I love that in the french dub, Lucas says "I love the Power Glove. It hurts".

Bit from french review of the movie by Karim Debbache's show "Crossed" :

Thread is moving too fast. Why do people think there is a Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger remake? Is it just the SNES remake guy on Twitter? Has anyone checked to see if he's a Tweet Deleting Grifter (TDG)?
Somebody earlier in the thread said the guy IS actually a journalist, plus, getting the name "Sonic Superstars" correct, and the design of that graveyard dog from SV is actually kinda tough

Is there any actual reason to think Chrono Trigger is getting a remake? I know some people jumped to conclusions on the nature of the SNES remake (which seems to probably be Super Mario RPG), but has anyone besides lolzippo posted about it?

Quoted by: tee
Okay even if Pyoro's legit there's something so funny about a renowned journalism source basing an entire article on an account most of us didn't even know existed until a few hours ago
Nintendo Everything is a news aggregator that regurgitates every piece of Nintendo related info. It’s right there in the name. Occasionally they post original contents only when a publisher PR throws them a bone. Outlets such as Nintendo Everything, VGC, and Go Nintendo do not meet the bar of “a renowned journalism source”.

Is there any actual reason to think Chrono Trigger is getting a remake? I know some people jumped to conclusions on the nature of the SNES remake (which seems to probably be Super Mario RPG), but has anyone besides lolzippo posted about it?
I'm not sure, but if I'm zippo, I'm probably keeping a close eye on this thread, and a quick glance at necrolipe's comment would be enough for me

I think we're all getting our hopes up way too high.

Super Mario RPG and The Thousand-Year Door in the same Direct is "wildest dreams" territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom