• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see why Horse Shit wouldn’t get at least a couple seconds in a direct next week considering it’d be coming soon after.

Unless it is a partner direct, in which case the game is probably just getting “Twitter” marketing.
Even if Nintendo had something resembling actual confidence in the game, it's the sort of title that tends to skip out on Directs entirely, like Labo or Big Brain Academy. Nintendo has a "not a good fit for the Direct audience" advertising track, and the horse game is unquestionably on it.

Do you think we'll see Metroid Prime 4?
This is not even a question at this point, we are seeing it next week and with a exact release date, wheter that is sometime in Holiday 2023 or Spring 2024 remains to be seen.

When need a new podcast tbh. Lukas the Hate
The guy don't have actual sources but gets it always right. Nintendo Ninjas are investigating who the fuck he really is.

This is not even a question at this point, we are seeing it next week and with a exact release date, wheter that is sometime in Holiday 2023 or Spring 2024 remains to be seen.
Famiboards member LukasManak22:

kuiil-have-spoken.gif

Famiboards member LukasManak22:

kuiil-have-spoken.gif
This will be the same exact story as with Zelda/Animal Crossing - announcing the release date way in advance, even if it's in Spring. The next time we see the game (first time really) they are giving proper release date to really reassure people it's coming and they are sure of it, after rebooted development and years of waiting. It never made sense to them to tease the game with generic "2023" last year or something like that. And definitely not with a teaser, the first one will be proper trailer, they know what they have to do with this one and it's: Here it is, here is gameplay, here is how it looks and here is exact release date, we are sorry it took so long you will be able to play it in the next 5-9 months. Thank you for your patience will Koizumi say, as they always do.

This will be the same exact story as with Zelda/Animal Crossing - announcing the release date way in advance, even if it's in Spring. The next time we see the game (first time really) they are giving proper release date to really reassure people it's coming and they are sure of it, after rebooted development and years of waiting. It never made sense to them to tease the game with generic "2023" last year or something like that. And definitely not with a teaser, the first one will be proper trailer, they know what they have to do with this one and it's: Here it is, here is gameplay, here is how it looks and here is exact release date, we are sorry it took so long you will be able to play it in the next 5-9 months. Thank you for your patience will Koizumi say, as they always do.
I dig it. You don't think there's a possibility they save it to show as one of the games alongside the new hardware? That's really the only thing giving me some pause.

The guy don't have actual sources but gets it always right. Nintendo Ninjas are investigating who the fuck he really is.
Nintendo desperately asking for the sources

Nintendo: Why isn’t it possible?

Lukas: it’s just not

Nintendo: why not you stupid bastard

I dig it. You don't think there's a possibility they save it to show as one of the games alongside the new hardware? That's really the only thing giving me some pause.
New hardware will come Holiday 2024, the game will definitely release before that.

I don't think further delaying a game that was in development for the better part of the lifetime of the Switch just so it can launch on a new hardware with a fraction of the installbase is the power move some people make it out to be

Last edited:
My (hopefully) reasonable expectations of what would be solid late-gen Direct:

Opens with 2D Mario
A slick looking ND Cube game in the middle
Closes with Prime 4
Sprinkle in some remasters, lots of DLC and mid tier third party stuff

I think that's enough to be happy.

Lukas, since you have the power to will things into existence, can you please say we'll see Metroid Prime 4 next week

I could see them throwing in something small this direct to remind people it’s still happening, and save the more in-depth content for September
they re going to reveal metroid's android/ios game finally.

No, for real, i wonder what could a phone metroid game be. Give me something creative, not pinball phone lmao

Lukas said Metroid Prime 4 will be there. That’s all you need for reassurance
As a side note, Koizumi had to say: "We announced this game in 2017 and we thank you for your patience" in regards of Bayo 3 finally showing up in September 2021 Direct. He will say something similar in 4 days. NCL presenters are always doing this stuff, like Takahashi when he mentioned "it's been a while" when there was not a General Direct for year and a half, he even apologized that they haven't been able to do a full Direct and only Mini presentations. Or when Aonuma was mentioning that it's been 2 years since they first announced TotK and they haven't shown anything.

It will be the same story this time when Koizumi mentions MP4 and he will thank us for waiting and patience, people always appreciate this kind of stuff.

I could see them throwing in something small this direct to remind people it’s still happening, and save the more in-depth content for September
Maybe, though idk if they'd go for another small tease since that's all we've been munching on for 6 years now lol. I think when we finally see it, we're gonna SEE it.

As a side note, Koizumi had to say: "We announced this game in 2017 and we thank you for your patience" in regards of Bayo 3 finally showing up in September 2021 Direct. He will say something similar in 4 days. NCL presenters are always doing this stuff, like Takahashi when he mentioned "it's been a while" when there was not a General Direct for year and a half, he even apologized that they haven't been able to do a full Direct and only Mini presentations. Or when Aonuma was mentioning that it's been 2 years since they first announced TotK and they haven't shown anything.

It will be the same story this time when Koizumi mentions MP4 and he will thank us for waiting and patience, people always appreciate this kind of stuff.
they will literally only show 5 landscape shots and the internet will implode lol.

I can’t see them throwing something small in when we haven’t seen a thing of the game for 6 and years. It was also rebooted. Nintendo doesn’t have that kind of leverage for Metroid Prime 4 imo. Either you discuss and show the game off or you don’t say anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom