• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw its sad lonely, one “screenshot” existence again on the eshop. We here all know what it is, but it is extremely funny how it is just dumped on there with fake fanfare and officially there’s nothing there to explain what it is lol.
Really wonder if they will even bother with a trailer. As it looks right now, they've got a direct set up to perfectly overshadow the game's release

Really wonder if they will even bother with a trailer. As it looks right now, they've got a direct set up to perfectly overshadow the game's release
It would be very funny if the Direct drops and Everybody 1-2 Switch is dropped from the first page of the eshop even temporarily lol. Especially so if they didn’t update it before then.

Today does seem like the best day to update it if it’s going to happen beforehand.

Nope.

edit: He kinda waffled a bit. He thinks there could be a "couple of things" over the next month. "It seems like there's gonna be something soon." Then he says "NEXT WEEK SEEMS VERY LIKELY TO HAVE SOMETHING AND THEN I THINK THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER SOMETHING IN JULY." He topped it off by saying he thinks the "next one" is going to be a partner direct.

Back to back events in June and July... Jeff predicting next week may be a mini... could it be... multiple summer Partner Directs have returned?

cat-ptsd.gif

June - Direct for 2023 games.

July - ReDraketed time

giphy.gif

I guess Everybody 1-2 Switch will be mentioned for a maximum of 2 minutes plus the reminder that it will be released in the following week.
With how little promotion it has gotten so far and the behind scenes story being so negative, I think we can feel safe it won’t be in a Direct. To be clear, allegedly this game is so bad and embarrassing they thought it could damage the Nintendo brand. It was even considered to be given away for free as part of NSO or NSO+.

It would be very funny if the Direct drops and Everybody 1-2 Switch is dropped from the first page of the eshop even temporarily lol. Especially so if they didn’t update it before then.

Today does seem like the best day to update it if it’s going to happen beforehand.
Either today or just before release would be the best day for a update yeah, but we might very well be completely left in the dark

Disappointed at the lack of panic caused by Nintendo announcing a ROM upload. They did that to try and provoke a reaction and you folks just grooved right on passed it.

They'll probably bring forward the Stinky Horse release to this coming Monday as their next distraction tactic.

I think this presentation has a lot of potential. This year's Feb direct was obviously held back by TotK; Nintendo wanted all eyes on that and revealed the bare minimum releasing after it (only Pikmin 4 in July). Compared to previous years, they revealed Xeno3 for September (at the time at least) in 2022 and in Feb 2021 they revealed Splatoon 3 more than 1 year before its release. So we now have an empty slate yet to be filled in.

Going back to the Feb direct, the trailer for TotK wasn't as impactful as they hoped, but I still enjoyed Feb 2023 direct more than any presentation last year. It felt like it had a nice mix of everything: some smaller games I liked like Katamari, some surprises like Layton, MK8 getting new characters and Metroid shadowdrop and some general nice things like GB/GBA on NSO and Pikmin.

Watch this be the 2021 June Direct Version 2.0:

• new Metroid and Mario for October
  • early 2000s revival requested by approximately six people
  • new Wario game for September
  • Zelda trailer to close for the luls

Watch this be the 2021 June Direct Version 2.0:

• new Metroid and Mario for October
  • early 2000s revival requested by approximately six people
  • new Wario game for September
  • Zelda trailer to close for the luls
I also hope we will get an announcement in July like 2021

In Spain, Everybody 1-2 Switch started as a €30 game, which is very low for a Nintendo published game, but I think that at least Sushi Striker also started at that price. But since yesterday, you can pre-order it for the lowest I have ever seen a Nintendo game in forever (€24):

In Spain, Everybody 1-2 Switch started as a €30 game, which is very low for a Nintendo published game, but I think that at least Sushi Striker also started at that price. But since yesterday, you can pre-order it for the lowest I have ever seen a Nintendo game in forever (€24):

they should have bundled it for free with the Switch 2 at this point

Everybody 1-2 Switch! needs to have AskTheDev more than anything else
It’ll be a four segment series and all four of them are about how bad it was and how everyone said it was so bad so they just kept trying to make it work and then finally how they convinced people to let it come out. At the end everyone laughs.

It’ll be a four segment series and all four of them are about how bad it was and how everyone said it was so bad so they just kept trying to make it work and then finally how they convinced people to let it come out. At the end everyone laughs.

Q: "How was working on this game project? How do you and did you feel?"

A: "Have you seen the movie 'Deadpool 2'? Do you remember the post-credit scene where Deadpool travels back in time to kill his actor Ryan Reynolds before he could sign the contract for 'Green Lantern'? We want to do that too, preventing us to sign up for this development."

I think this presentation has a lot of potential. This year's Feb direct was obviously held back by TotK; Nintendo wanted all eyes on that and revealed the bare minimum releasing after it (only Pikmin 4 in July). Compared to previous years, they revealed Xeno3 for September (at the time at least) in 2022 and in Feb 2021 they revealed Splatoon 3 more than 1 year before its release. So we now have an empty slate yet to be filled in.

Going back to the Feb direct, the trailer for TotK wasn't as impactful as they hoped, but I still enjoyed Feb 2023 direct more than any presentation last year. It felt like it had a nice mix of everything: some smaller games I liked like Katamari, some surprises like Layton, MK8 getting new characters and Metroid shadowdrop and some general nice things like GB/GBA on NSO and Pikmin.
I just don't see them releasing any more big games on the Switch after Pikmin releases. Isn't that what Insiders have been saying? That Nintendo fans should take the summer off and not expect many more games at all after Zelda?

I don't really see a reason that Nintendo would have a quiet second half of the year. Even if new hardware is releasing soon, there are plenty of ports and remasters they could pull from the tide us over for the rest of the year. Plus there's obviously Prime 4, which I feel they need to address soon even if it does end up releasing next year

Sometimes Nintendo is weird. But releasing Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime, Zelda, Kirby, Advance Wars, Pikmin 4 and Xenoblade 3 Expansion in the first 7 months of the year while having nothing good prepared for September-December would be next level weird.

Of course that's not going to happen.

Not gonna lie, for €24 I'd be tempted, even if only for the meme.

I pre-ordered a copy here in the UK for £20. Pre-owned copies of the original 1-2 Switch go for more here.

I know I'm a sucker, but hell yeah I wanna play the worst game Nintendo have ever made and I'll pay less than a takeaway to have it on my shelf forever.

Whatever format the Direct has, it’ll be a 1st Party Direct. The next one I’m sure is the Pikmin one.

…or the Switch 2 reveal 🤭

I just don't see them releasing any more big games on the Switch after Pikmin releases. Isn't that what Insiders have been saying? That Nintendo fans should take the summer off and not expect many more games at all after Zelda?
That's the Dringest timeline.

I think Nate today in this very thread mentioned that the second half would not be tumbleweed, which to me does not sound like it will be empty at all.

Besides, logically it also makes no sense to have an empty second half, as many people already pointed out above.

Wasn't the whole "Nintendo doesn't have anything beyond Pikmin 4" more of an urban myth some people kept perpetuing rather than anything with some substance to it anyway?

...that the second half would not be tumbleweed, which to me does not sound like it will be empty at all.

Of course. After all, you need compelling software when you launch a new console!

(I'm willing it into existence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom