• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST5| Uncharted Territory: Drake's Deception

When is the next general full-length Direct?

• June

Votes: 130 38.0%
  • July

Votes: 40 11.7%
  • August

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • September

Votes: 129 37.7%
  • October

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • November

• December

• January

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • February

• Never

Votes: 11 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The speculation prompts are a fun idea but I can't bring myself to write a post that isn't super cynical given the (near) complete radio silence from Nintendo concerning the second half of the year and the rest of the Switch lifetime.

f0b.jpg

A day we don’t get a Direct tweet is also a day we don’t get a Twitter drop announcing a new release. Stay posi.

It's never been more over

For the next 6 days, 23 hours, and 53 minutes

Last edited:
If Nintendo doesn't announce a new direct by later today and then tommorow, then they just don't want do a general direct that could overshadow everybody 1-2 switch.

If Nintendo doesn't announce a new direct by later today and then tommorow, then they just don't want do a general direct that could overshadow everybody 1-2 switch.
Other way around, they're afraid Everybody 1-2 Switch could overshadow the Direct.

And I'm only half joking; I am expecting the Direct, if there is a Direct, to be so bad that Everybody 1-2 Switch! would actually overshadow it.

Nintendo: "Just enjoy Tears of the Kingdom"
This takes me back to E3 2008 when a Nintendo representative was asked if there were any games catered to the hardcore fans in the future and she said "just keep playing Smash Bros. and Mario Kart"

Speaking of fake accounts, I know Twitter verification doesn't really mean anything anymore these days, but all of Nintendo's accounts have a YELLOW checkmark, if anyone sees a tweet that could be of interest to this thread please first check for a yellow checkmark

just to save us all from heartbreak

Nintendo said there wouldn't be a Direct until I do all of the shrines in Tears of the Kingdom. I'm 125 hours in and let's see, I have how many shrines left?

Well, I've got bad news for you all...

It's going to be like this every Tuesday to Thursday till they announce a direct or another new game. Can you imagine if they wait till September.
you mean like last year where we only had Partner in late June, rumours of something first party happening in July?

I'm not looking forward to what this thread is going to be like next week if there's still no Direct.

Yes I am.

I dont get this hating on a partner showcase.

Last year we got
Nier, a banging port
Lorelei, new game from Sayonara Wild Hearts
Battle Network Collection
Return to Monkey Island
Sparks of Hope
Portal Collection
No Man's Sky
Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes
Dragon Quest Treasures
LIVE A LIVE
Super Bomberman R 2
Sunbreak
Sonic Frontiers
Little Noah

As far as consistency it was better than the direct earlier this year which was a snoozefest in the first half, but saved by the latter portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom