• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who believes that this Week will be the Week?
I think we are in for a possible announcement and show any time now for the next two to three weeks. Whether they talk about it early or not, I think it’s close and I’m looking forward to it.

It's happening the 7th, it's all but certain. We'll probably get an announcement this week or Monday the 6th at the latest.

Yes siree.

Are you just speculating or do you have some information?
It's the law of Jury Duty. If a Famiboards member has jury duty on a day that should be around when a direct would normally happen it shall happen that day.

So far the rule is 1 for 1, it'll soon be 2 for 2.

So last year when they announced Metroid Dread at their June Direct preorders for the limited edition and amiibo went up almost immediately. I wonder if they’ll put the Xenoblade 3 Limited Edition on sale following a trailer / treehouse showing at the next Direct. Really worried it’s going to be a disaster as it’s locked to their website this time.
The LE is stated as TBE. It won't, probably, make the release date.

while I maintain the Direct is happening the 14th, there’s nothing I want more from Nintendo than for them to confirm the Jury Duty Rule and have the direct be on the 7th. Like, genuinely more than any video game or anything: I want them to abide by the Jury Duty Rule

It's the law of Jury Duty. If a Famiboards member has jury duty on a day that should be around when a direct would normally happen it shall happen that day.

So far the rule is 1 for 1, it'll soon be 2 for 2.
The good old 1 for 1, also known as irrefutable scientific evidence. I am convinced and will schedule a day off on that day so I can watch the Direct and play Silksong right afterwards.

If there is one thing I do not miss is the Smash circus of people going into every Direct for a possible fighter reveal and 40k posts of "that's it, no Smash?" and "I can't believe they picked X over 25 YEARS OLD MASCOTTE IN A DEAD FRANCHISE NO ONE REMEMBERS"
I’m still mourning Geno.

But yes, it’s refreshing not to be tied to Smash speculation anymore.

while I maintain the Direct is happening the 14th, there’s nothing I want more from Nintendo than for them to confirm the Jury Duty Rule and have the direct be on the 7th. Like, genuinely more than any video game or anything: I want them to abide by the Jury Duty Rule
The jury duty rule?

Personally, I mourn Dixie. She should be as much of a staple as Diddy as far as I am concerned. Give that girl some respect, Nintendo.
Yeah Dixie was an easy echo. I know she has lots of things that could make her unique but just for the sake of having her, I’d give her most of Diddy’s moveset with DK’s Up+B.

Shadow was another one. Sonic’s moveset with Mewtwo’s Up+B.

I love the idea of echo fighters; Sakurai could’ve done even more.

Am I right in thinking that last year Pokemon Presents didn't happen until August? I know most years there's one either before or after the E3 Direct, in June, but I don't think that was the case in 2021.

Yeah Dixie was an easy echo. I know she has lots of things that could make her unique but just for the sake of having her, I’d give her most of Diddy’s moveset with DK’s Up+B.

Don’t put this on Sakurai. He’s not the sole person who makes every decision for Smash.

Am I right in thinking that last year Pokemon Presents didn't happen until August? I know most years there's one either before or after the E3 Direct, in June, but I don't think that was the case in 2021.
That’s because there was no brand new mainline title coming in November. It was a remake. Areceus released two months later so effectively the usual June Pokemon presentation moved 2 months later.

Only way Pokemon Presents doesn’t happen is if Pokemon S/V is a big part of Nintendo Direct but that doesnt seem like it goes in line with recent Pokemon rollouts

Only way Pokemon Presents doesn’t happen is if Pokemon S/V is a big part of Nintendo Direct but that doesnt seem like it goes in line with recent Pokemon rollouts
My bet regarding Pokemon S/V is that it will be briefly shown or alluded to as a way for them to announce the date of the Pokemon Presents where the games will be covered in full detail. So I am expecting the Pokemon Presents to come after the Direct.

My bet regarding Pokemon S/V is that it will be briefly shown or alluded to as a way for them to announce the date of the Pokemon Presents where the games will be covered in full detail. So I am expecting the Pokemon Presents to come after the Direct.
This feels right.

I feel like this is the way they're gonna do it

Nah, Dixie should use her hair for most of her moveset. At worst, she would've been a semi clone like Isabelle. Also, she just deserves better than being an echo.

Random thought, now that Pokémon HQ Gamefreak moved in with/nearby Nintendo HQ (it did right?) Maybe they achieved the synergy to combine their showings in a single Direct as a new effort for pushing the brand in a different direction?

Yeah, really random I know

Last edited:
Random thought, now that Pokémon HQ moved in with/nearby Nintendo HQ (it did right?) Maybe they achieved the synergy to combine their showings in a single Direct as a new effort for pushing the brand in a different direction?

I think that if they had wanted a unified presence they could've easily done so before; Pokémon getting separate marketing is by design

Random thought, now that Pokémon HQ moved in with/nearby Nintendo HQ (it did right?) Maybe they achieved the synergy to combine their showings in a single Direct as a new effort for pushing the brand in a different direction?

Game Freak moved in with HAL, EPD Tokyo, and another Nintendo branch. I don't remember anything about The Pokemon Company moving

As @ILikeFeet says, it's Game Freak that moved, not TPC; so it's the development side of things which may have changed (who knows?), not marketing and communications.
That’s because there was no brand new mainline title coming in November. It was a remake. Areceus released two months later so effectively the usual June Pokemon presentation moved 2 months later.
This makes sense, yeah. You'll want a bigger marketing push for your first open world Pokemon games and for the new generation.

Nah, Dixie should use her hair for most of her moveset. At worst, she would've been a semi clone like Isabelle. Also, she just deserves better than being an echo.
Yeah, I've always pictured Dixie in Smash just attacking entirely with her hair like Shantae.
I also want Shantae in Smash.

Why would being in the same building achieve better synergy with marketing or why is it assumed that they aren't already synergizing marketing? Do people seriously think that the Pokemon Company and Nintendo (which owns the Pokemon trademark and 1/3 of the Pokemon Company) do not speak with each other? Many of the Pokemon presentations are brand as Directs which are Nintendo presentations.

since Game Freak moved, I wouldn't be surprised if HAL and EPD Tokyo appeared in the Special Thanks section in a future game

They've never done it this way before, I don't see why they'd start now. My guess is we get it announced in the Tues-Thurs window this week, early next week at the latest, but I'm feeling good about this week. The whole Delphox thing and the lack of tweets from the NA pokemon account boosts my confidence.

Delphox releases next Thursday, I imagine they would want to reveal it in advance, so this week or early next week is perfect for that

Why would being in the same building achieve better synergy with marketing or why is it assumed that they aren't already synergizing marketing? Do people seriously think that the Pokemon Company and Nintendo (which owns the Pokemon trademark and 1/3 of the Pokemon Company) do not speak with each other? Many of the Pokemon presentations are brand as Directs which are Nintendo presentations.
In my case I was thinking about a reason why the move took place, what if not for a better way of working together? It's just some speculation. Of course they are already working together closely.

Whenever a member of this community has Jury Duty in June is when there will be a Nintendo Direct. I believe we have a 100% success rate so far.
Ah okay, I thought you were referring to yourself specifically. Was about to ask why the rules in your area have it so you get called every June, ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom