• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. I can't believe I have to post this. Just because it's focusing on 3rd party games doesn't mean first party is absent. Remember the whole this Direct focuses on insert year and we get doom posting OMG no games shown for next year at all? Then Nintendo shows like 1 or 2 games coming the following year. Not saying one way or the other on what kinda direct it is. Just saying we shouldn't assume anything based on wording until at least it's announced what it is. Even then we shouldn't assume anything about what's in it.

It's most likely not a partner specifically but something like it. Partners were 10 minutes top but even with the first hand rumored games will take longer than that. It'll be just a normal direct with heavier 3rd party presence.
The September 2020 Partner Showcase was 15 minutes long and had two new Monster Hunter games and Ori. Monster Hunter got it's own Direct soon after. I'm expecting the same with this but with Mario + Rabbids taking over Monster Hunters spot.

Whatever the branding ends up exactly being (even though Nate, VGC have told us it's a Mini Partner Showcase) can we all agree not to be nitpicky and not discredit everything Nate says ever again if the branding ends up being something different than a Partner? Please?

Y’all who cares what it’s called. We’re to expect a focus on third party offerings. If we get more than that? - awesome. If not, we’ve been given fair warning from more than just Nate at this point.

Y’all who cares what it’s called. We’re to expect a focus on third party offerings. If we get more than that? - awesome. If not, we’ve been given fair warning from more than just Nate at this point.
I agree with this, maybe I’ll take a break until tomorrow morning and just lurk till then

This does literally nothing for your case…Monster Hunter is listed on the same slide as Bayonetta 3? If that’s what you were pointing out
I linked directly to page 21 and it worked for me, but:
vzt9Kxh.png

Ah I just saw the spreadsheet. Well that would mean Mario + Rabbids is first party too?
No, if it has an asterisk then it's a 3rd party game licensed to be released and sold as a Nintendo product in some regions. Bayonetta 3 is a Nintendo product, as it is produced by EPD and funded entirely by them. Nintendo only supervises development for Mario + Rabbids and publishes it in Japan.

This thing is two days away. Let’s just let it happen. Can’t you all save your (over)reactions until after the thing actually drops?

The September 2020 Partner Showcase was 15 minutes long and had two new Monster Hunter games and Ori. Monster Hunter got it's own Direct soon after. I'm expecting the same with this but with Mario + Rabbids taking over Monster Hunters spot.
This is gonna be much longer than that. The reason the 2020 showcases were short was the COVID, they revealed games as they became ready. Because of that they were spread all over the fall season.

There's no reason to get multiple Directs now. This should be the only third party direct until september.

Second Party Direct
I would love for Nintendo to announce a Direct a day in advance saying it’s focused on “games from our second party partners” just so the internet can explode for 24 hours trying to figure out what the hell that means

I can’t believe there are still debates over whether Bayonetta 2 and 3 are first-party titles or not when the answer truly couldn’t be any clearer (yes of course they are).

JRPG Direct
Weeb direct
We literally just had one of those but hell yeah I'll take another

Nintendo is publishing it worldwide whereas Square is publishing in Japan
It’s just an indication that it’s being published by them. Same reason why Three Hopes isn’t listed for Japan and Sparks of Hope is only listed for Japan.

The line between what is and isn’t a 1st party game is pretty nebulous.
My sarcasm might not have been obvious enough. 😅
I'm of the opinion that just because Nintendo publishes a game doesn't necessarily make it "first party," in terms of how I view what that term means. Buuuut I've been in "second party" arguments before so I accept I might not look at things the same as others and then go back to shitposting about weebthings

Live A Live is a Nintendo first party property now?
"No, if it has an asterisk then it's a 3rd party game licensed to be released and sold as a Nintendo product in some regions. Bayonetta 3 is a Nintendo product, as it is produced by EPD and funded entirely by them. Nintendo only supervises development for Mario + Rabbids and publishes it in Japan."

So now that we enter the week of truth, what do ya'll think is the right way to go regarding my competition thread:

It was made on the basis that we were getting a regular, normal-ass Direct with a reasonable amount of 1st party announcements. Not a Partner Direct, a Mini Direct or a heavily 3rd party regular Direct.

Should I just keep it cancelled and forget about it? Or what? I think I'm gonna keep going with Competition 1, and close that on the 30th. It doesn't require a Direct, after all. But Competition 2... it's gonna seem silly asking people to fill up 25 squares of predictions for a Direct that is likely gonna have fuck-all Nintendo stuff.

Either way... I am so annoyed that even this is a source of stress for me :( I really, really loved making it but, well, shit happens I guess. I'm gonna start working on the next General Discussion ST tomorrow so at least there's that (I am doing it, right?)

I mean, we're probably getting at least the SE Tactics games announced so we're already almost halfway to a Weeb Direct

"No, if it has an asterisk then it's a 3rd party game licensed to be released and sold as a Nintendo product in some regions. Bayonetta 3 is a Nintendo product, as it is produced by EPD and funded entirely by them. Nintendo only supervises development for Mario + Rabbids and publishes it in Japan."
See, it's the "produced by EPD" part that gets me. I thought it was produced by Platinum?

Nintendo co-owns Bayonetta 2/3 specifically.

Not that it matters too much, because Nintendo already bent the rules with Buddy Mission Bond in the October 2020 Partner Direct.

Last edited:
So now that we enter the week of truth, what do ya'll think is the right way to go regarding my competition thread:

It was made on the basis that we were getting a regular, normal-ass Direct with a reasonable amount of 1st party announcements. Not a Partner Direct, a Mini Direct or a heavily 3rd party regular Direct.

Should I just keep it cancelled and forget about it? Or what? I think I'm gonna keep going with Competition 1, and close that on the 30th. It doesn't require a Direct, after all. But Competition 2... it's gonna seem silly asking people to fill up 25 squares of predictions for a Direct that is likely gonna have fuck-all Nintendo stuff.

Either way... I am so annoyed that even this is a source of stress for me :( I really, really loved making it but, well, shit happens I guess. I'm gonna start working on the next General Discussion ST tomorrow so at least there's that (I am doing it, right?)
nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom