• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very mad. Reserve it to a new hardware and not lock It to a "Pro" version of something that already exist. Worst case scenario.
I don’t understand this mindset. If it means we get some more third party why would you be against it? If you get a cloud version on Switch and native on Pro, why is it an issue?

Here is an update on the insider gossip list I posted a few days ago.

• Nate says a Direct is coming
  • Grubb says Nintendo is doing a bunch of different showcases this year
  • Pierce says 29th, Nates says 28/29th
  • Xeno 3 direct happens - edit: A 4chan post that correctly predicted the exact time (direct + announcement) and length of X3 Direct says a X3 story trailer is coming in a Direct next week. Nintendo later names X3 trailer "teaser"
  • Tom Henderson says something is happening, but maybe not a direct - edit: Later clarifies that a mini partner is coming per VGC, and M&R2 is the something he was alluding to
  • Nate confirms we are getting details about M&R2 next week. But likely not Bayo 3
  • Piers is flying out a work from home member to discuss a Direct next week
  • PH Brazil states he is hearing a partner direct is happening, 2018 multiplatform port is coming to Switch
  • Eurogamer, VGC, Tom, and Nate further collaborate that they are hearing the Direct is now a Mini Partner
Make your own judgement. Thankfully we should be less than 24 hours away from knowing the true answer!
I knew it. Their source is Ubisoft. The multiplatform game is either AC: Odissey or A way out.

So, I firmly believe the direct is a regular one.

I'm still holding out a bit of hope that the Direct is a 3rd-party focused general with a couple of 1st-party reveals like mainline FE lol

Or maybe it is a mini, but it's announced a day prior like a regular Direct 👀

RDR2 on Switch:

patrick-crank-dat.gif
I can fucking hear this gif

Since it's third party, I really hope we'll finally see Good Feel 's next game which appeared to be a kind of Goemon inspired game.

Nate’s just leaving options open. He doesn’t know everything. He’s not Nintendo. He doesn’t want you to pick apart his tweets like he’s making definitive statements.
Are we sure tho? He never said he wasn't so it could be possible.

Nate’s just leaving options open. He doesn’t know everything. He’s not Nintendo. He doesn’t want you to pick apart his tweets like he’s making definitive statements.

In retrospect a summary was probably unwise.

I wasn't trying to say anything definite on behalf of anyone. Just providing a bullet point lost of what people have posted, to hopefully help get everybody on the same page.

We might possibly get some hints from The Snitch soon if they video is privately uploaded to YouTube before it drops Tuesday.
I really don't think he knows Nintendo stuff. I mean he leaked something crucial about god of war coming on the 30th so I think that rules out YouTube trailers being his source.

Also he didn't even tease the Xenoblade direct either.

If nothing happens tomorrow we still won’t know I agree. It’ll still be up in the air.
Yeah, Tuesday morning is the clincher. If there's silence tomorrow, Tuesday morning will either be the show itself or an announcement for one, almost guaranteed.

(unless it's a Mini being dropped Wednesday morning, and Tuesday is also silent, in which case... hoo boy it'll be fun online)

My opinion is that we will not see RDR2 coming to switch before the more lucrative and easier to port GTA V does. And last time I checked, there was no GTA V on Switch.

Here is an update on the insider gossip list I posted a few days ago.

• Nate says a Direct is coming
  • Grubb says Nintendo is doing a bunch of different showcases this year
  • Pierce says 29th, Nates says 28/29th
  • Xeno 3 direct happens - edit: A 4chan post that correctly predicted the exact time (direct + announcement) and length of X3 Direct says a X3 story trailer is coming in a Direct next week. Nintendo later names X3 trailer "teaser"
  • Tom Henderson says something is happening, but maybe not a direct - edit: Later clarifies that a mini partner is coming per VGC, and M&R2 is the something he was alluding to
  • Nate confirms we are getting details about M&R2 next week. But likely not Bayo 3
  • Piers is flying out a work from home member to discuss a Direct next week
  • PH Brazil states he is hearing a partner direct is happening, 2018 multiplatform port is coming to Switch
  • Eurogamer, VGC, Tom, and Nate further collaborate that they are hearing the Direct is now a Mini Partner
Make your own judgement. Thankfully we should be less than 24 hours away from knowing the true answer!
2018 multiplat getting a release. What are people's expectations?

Kingdom come deliverance was leaked and never head an update for a while right? That seems likely

Others from 2018 that may generate more of a splash
AC Odyssey
RDR2

2018 multiplat getting a release. What are people's expectations?

Kingdom come deliverance was leaked and never head an update for a while right? That seems likely

Others from 2018 that may generate more of a splash
AC Odyssey
RDR2

I'm about to update the post, but he specifically said a game that is four years old. So it isn't necessarily multiplatform. Something to keep in mind.

I have zero clue. But I don't think it is RDR2.

Edit: now that you mention it, deliverance checks all the boxes and there is smoke tied to it.

Nintendo Direct Mini | January 2018
Announced: No
Released: January 11 at 11:00 pm (JST), shadow dropped

Nintendo Direct Mini | March 2020
Released: March 26 at 11:00 pm (JST), shadow dropped

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase | July 2020
Announced: July 20 at 1:00 pm (JST)
Released: July 20 at 11:00 pm (JST), 10 hours later

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase | August 2020
Released: August 26 at 11:00 pm (JST), shadow dropped

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase | September 2020
Announced: September 16 at 4:38 pm (JST)
Released: September 17 at 11:00 pm (JST), 30 hours and 22 minutes later

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase | October 2020
Released: October 28 at 11:00 pm (JST), shadow dropped

Yeah that's what I mean. No announcement tomorrow will pretty much assure us it'll be a mini
Unless they go the first Partner Showcase route and announce it at like midnight in the U.S. for the showcase like 7-8 hours later like mad people. Anything is possible with Nintendo at this point. But I feel the odds are highest that it just gets shadow dropped as a mini/mini partner showcase.

I'm about to update the post, but he specifically said a game that is four years old. So it isn't necessarily multiplatform. Something to keep in mind.

I have zero clue. But I don't think it is RDR2.

Edit: now that you mention it, deliverance checks all the boxes and there is smoke tied to it.
He said its been on other platforms. It is a multiplat 2018 gamw

I was simply providing the tweets for why I used the terminology "not likely". I was not trying to say you were incorrect, and like I said before I will change to "unsure" to better reflect his overall body of posts.
Yeah I get it, honestly ignore my last reply, it was dubious

So looking into it…

Direct potentials;

• Arkham Collection
  • Persona 3/4/5?
  • Tactics Ogre Remastered
  • Alan Wake Remastered
  • Possible 2018 Xbox/PS4 game (Red Dead Redemption II, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey)

Any more?
Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters
Silk Song

So looking into it…

Direct potentials;

• Arkham Collection
  • Persona 3/4/5?
  • Alan Wake Remastered
  • Possible 2018 Xbox/PS4 game (Red Dead Redemption II, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey)

Any more?
Dragon Quest Treasure

So looking into it…

Direct potentials;

• Arkham Collection
  • Persona 3/4/5?
  • Alan Wake Remastered

Any more?
Skyrim Anniversary Edition

We’re talking about the 2018 multiplat. RDR2 was already rumored to come to Switch and it releases in 2018.

It's not the only major game to have released in 2018, and the only tangible "source" for RDR2 on switch was the image of a switch pro controller appearing in the game files. That's very thin, and can have numerous other interpretations.
From the point of view of business, GTA 5 makes way more sense, and it never materialized for reasons we ignored; what we can be sure of is that those issues will also exist for RDR2, and are probably even worse.
I don't think RDR2 isn't feasible, as I previously said in this thread. But it just doesn't make much sense.

Actually valid question since I am in a discord with some people and this came up as a topic about a week ago. Apparently there was supposed to be one last batch of new information announced for MH Rise Sunbreak before it launches on June 30th after the capcom showcase earlier this month? Has that new announcement been made for MH or is that a possible announcement that we can also see in the direct on the 28th?

Regardless, I feel one final call out for MH Rise Sunbreak 2 days before launch might be possible as a final trailer before the expansion launches.

It's not the only major game to have released in 2018, and the only tangible "source" for RDR2 on switch was the image of a switch pro controller appearing in the game files. That's very thin, and can have numerous other interpretations.
From the point of view of business, GTA 5 makes way more sense, and it never materialized for reasons we ignored; what we can be sure of is that those issues will also exist for RDR2, and are probably even worse.
I don't think RDR2 isn't feasible, as I previously said in this thread. But it just doesn't make much sense.
That’s not the only rumor of the game coming to Switch.

This was a tweet from Stephen Totilo back in August 2021. He heard this news in 2019 from his source at Rockstar. I fully believe this is all coming to fruition starting this week and this year.

Unless they go the first Partner Showcase route and announce it at like midnight in the U.S. for the showcase like 7-8 hours later like mad people. Anything is possible with Nintendo at this point. But I feel the odds are highest that it just gets shadow dropped as a mini/mini partner showcase.
Oh yeah, that's the one Kelios leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom